Sign in to follow this  
Guest TonyPiech

Can't Make A Purchase From AlphaSim?

Guest TonyPiech

I've registered to make a military addon purchase from AlphSim, at their online store, after seeing a news item on the Avsim website. Unforunately I couldn't complete the purchase process; when reaching the "confirm order" stage, clicking on the button opened-up the next screen which was the IE-7 standard "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". I contacted AlphSim and was informed that their payment system may be having a temporary problems to try again. I tried later again and again, no luck. I received a email from AlphSim this morning (6/26/07 at 7:30 EDT) saying "looks like a temporary server outage. It's been working fine all day, I suggest you try again now." I tried with the same result, getting the error webpage notice.Has anyone in the USA or in other locations been able to make a recent purchase from AlphaSim, I'm not sure if it's their payment system or my computer. I', running WinPro XP with IE-7 as my browser and Norton 360 as my security/antivirus. I've been able to make online purchases without any difficuties with my set-up previously. I'm located in the USA in Florida, AlphaSim is located in New Zeeland; though it's overseas to me, it shouldn't be a problem.

Guest TonyPiech

Got the problem identified and corrected; it was on my end, for whatever reason (probably a Windows automatic update) my router got "messed-up", I also couldn't access a public website, got the same error notice which got me thinking. I had this happen once before; solution being 1. disconntect the cable modem for 30 seconds, then reconnect, 2. disconnect the router for 30 seconds, then reconnect, 3.Reboot the computerAfter doing that, no problem. Went to the AlphaSim website, went through the purchase process and downloaded the files. Sucess!!Don't know why this happens, maybe one of you who knows more about computer quirks & solutions can enlighten me.