Sign in to follow this  
flyforever

FMC ANOMALY?

I am using the JF BAE 146 FMC, which I understand uses the MSFS default unit for navigation. I am not sure if the issue that I am encountering is due to my ignorance regarding proper importing of a flight plan, or it's specific to the BAE unit.

Whenever I create an IFR flight plan using either Little Navmap or MSFS default planner and add procedures to the flight plan, the FMC creates some courses that do not correspond to the courses in the flight plan. For example, a procedure may have a 270 degrees course showing on the map, but the FMC leg is showing 90 degrees, which of course steers the aircraft away from the planned course. So I have been seeing is that in a typical flight plan with procedures, 2 or 3 leg headings are totally wrong, thus steering the aircraft in the opposite direction. The map will then show the aircraft flying away from the planned course.

Any thoughts?