Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

Two new aircraft at Simmarket 9/13/22

RV8 sales page: Is this the Sydney Opera House?

spacer.png

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

4 minutes ago, Fielder said:

Is this the Sydney Opera House?

Hard to tell. I have some trouble turning my 77" upside down...

• Like 4

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

It's definitely the Sydney Opera House.

If you can walk away it's a good landing

The Kitfox is good but needs some work. I'm glad I bought it but will keep it in my hanger until some of the bugs are fixed. 

This is from flightsim.to - 

Known issues:

Sound issues

Fuel flow issue

RPM display issues

Windows too tinted

Wheel pants variant to be added

Pilot and copilot model missing

More weathering on textures

Passenger door animation

750 integration

Airmaster Propeller controls to be made functional

Autopilot related issues

Model issues near wing struts connection FIXED

Flap animation missing FIXED

Pilot Weight issue FIXED

You can expect all of the above issues/feedback to be fixed or implemented within September 2022.

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

1 hour ago, Fielder said:

RV8 sales page: Is this the Sydney Opera House?

It is, and if you look at a globe of the earth, you will see it is at exactly the right angle!  

• Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

On rechecking I cannot redisplay the building I mentioned so please ignore this past and delete if possible)

Edited by harrry

Harry Woodrow

Wow that RV8 took a while. It was first announced almost at the release of the sim.

Wonder how in depth it is?

I bought it will write my impressions here in a bit.

Hard to see with the avatar in the cockpit... not sure how to fix that.  Fairly basic plane no special parts to it.  Sounds are ok... has a basic autopilot but the LCD digits are offset same with the DME - seems like a bug.

There's no TDS GTN 650Xi support (but I heard TDS is working on getting in touch with the dev)

A few impressions:  Way too underpowered.  I'm doing 150 ktas full throttle at 8000 ft ISA.  It's a fixed pitch prop too.  Even if they modeled the weakest engine it should be about 180 ktas.

LCD issues on the AP screen - very basic 2 axis AP holds heading and alt.  There's no USA registered liveries.  Does have some Van's gauges which are nice.  So far I'd not recommend it - especially if I can't get rid of this avatar in my face.

I kinda get annoyed that devs don't do the most powerful engine setup....  It's an RV!  They're meant to go fast and be aerobatic!  Like I said even if they did the 160hp it's far too slow...  see rw perf chart at the bottom here

52355448430_4cd5833a28_k.jpgrv8face by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

And a gauge/exterior closeup too see the details

52355299603_38b2a99709_k.jpgrv8ext by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

52355059736_847842b917_k.jpgrv8int by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

52355069006_8d04cbbb5f_k.jpgrv8perf by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Edited by ryanbatc

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I was going to ask what the flight dynamics are like but after seeing that cockpit pic and reading about your power issues I've lost interest a bit.

However - does it stall? Any aerobatic capability?

A friend of mine at the airfield I fly from part-owns one of these. He loves his real-world version and I was considering taking a share in the aircraft but I'm not really into aero's - they make me feel nauseous :)

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

I'm sick of single props at this point...

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

14 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Yeah they're getting a little long in the tooth.  I'll be making an exception for the A2A PA24 though.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 9/14/2022 at 10:48 PM, blueshark747 said:

MSFS is at its best for low slow VFR flying, the sort of flying that suits prop singles

perhaps XPlane would suit you better

16 hours ago, Pathfinder633 said:

MSFS is at its best for low slow VFR flying, the sort of flying that suits prop singles

perhaps XPlane would suit you better

First XP12 pop up advertisement spam in XP11.

Now XPlane bots invading the MSFS forums, completely reaching drawing pointless conclusions over one being tired of single prop 3rd party addons.

Sheesh🤣

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

On 9/25/2022 at 12:46 AM, blueshark747 said:

First XP12 pop up advertisement spam in XP11.

Now XPlane bots invading the MSFS forums, completely reaching drawing pointless conclusions over one being tired of single prop 3rd party addons.

Sheesh🤣

It was just a suggestion, how about Lawn mower simulator then?

• Like 1

The RV8 Dev knows there are issues. I think they just released it too early. They have promised a fix for the performance.