Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

Shall I give up ?

Guest CDAhmedEH

Hello, I've been tweaking FSX for a long long time. I was being optimistic from the beginning. Always telling myself, the SP1 patch will give better FPS and so on. When I installed SP1, YAY 20FPS in the cities. But at the cost of the blurries. I had to sacrifice my auto gen for the blurries. But I want the autogen because it adds dimension to the sim. Anyways, I'm tired of tweaking and tweaking and tweaking. I swear to god its only since FSX I knew that there was such thing as tweaking and tinkering with settings for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I'm not enjoying Flight Simulator as much as I used to. I payed 80 dollars for the game and it feels like its really wasted. I was optimistic for a long long time, but the blurries as far as I know are not going to be fixed as it seems. This was a battle between FSX and me, and unfortunately FSX won. All this endless effort and patience hasn't really payed off. In the past, it took me five minutes to setup my Flight Simulator, and then I would play it for years to come. But FSX, hasn't followed that rule. I'm lost, I'm scared, I'm disappointed. I know that nothing else can replace Flight Simulator, but I might be farewell, because its certain that I'm not going to buy the Flight Simulator, it will be a blur and slide show, tweak instead of play and so on.I don't know what to do, but I might have to say farewell.I don't think I was destined to play FSXASUS A8VAMD64 3500+2048MB RAMATI AIW 800xtRealtek ALC850

yeah. . . (sigh) :-( . . . . life's SO hard, sometimes. . . just not fair. . :-( back to FS9 for you, I suppose. . . of course - FS9 is pretty junky, too. . all that unrealistic FlyTampa scenery. . :-( that pretty shoddy Flight Scenery stuff. . . :-( the rubbish addon 737's, 747's, 757's, 767's, Airbuses coming out of your ying-yang. . . :-( all the freebee stuff. . . might as well use the pc to run Word. . :-( or Excel or something. . How about "Doom"?Looks like the glass is half-empty, doesn't it. . . (sigh). . :-( too bad, really. . . what about golf, then?. . . :-saepj :-lolListen, Buddy: it's not the end of the world, and you're in good company. It will get better. You will upgrade the system sometime down the road, and you will forget you ever posted this - ok?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

I know how you feel. I've been there. Well, I still am there, sort of, but I accepted what I got and moved on with the nice things FSX has to offer. I myself bought the RealAir SF260 and ever since then I've been having great fun flying around! Focus on something else but the blurries: it really helps! Ignore them. I don't even see them anymore because I don't pay attention to them anymore. Stop tweaking because you will only see blurries and low fps and nothing else. Remove the Shift-Z shortcut so you can't look at the fps aymore and you will notice things may be nicer than you thought. And who knows, one great day a solution may popup (like autogen :( ). Until then I won't let anything get in my way of enjoying FSX.

Guest UlfB

Hi,Strange thing how we act differently on information. When I tried the FSX demo, I realized that I had to build me a new computer to be able to run FSX with acceptable fps. Late september last year I took a deep breath, dug a big hole in my wallet and ordered some heavy duty stuff. Why? MS did promise that the final release would have better performance. Yeah, thats true. But with common sense it's obvious that with a lot more autogen and higher resolution textures, the sim will be demanding.The demo gave us a hint of what was coming. Worked allright for me. But seems to have worked less good for other people.Yeah I know! Everbody can't afford to invest in costly new hardware. That's not the problem. The problem is buying software that you KNOW is demanding and then complain about the software. It's not the software! It's you buying it!I'm sorry if my thoughts are a bit agressive, but I'm beginning to be a little fed up with people blaiming the software. The expectations on SP1 was really high. I think a lot of people forgot that a 50% increase in fps will give you only 5 fps more if you had 10 from the start. What expectations will DX10 and Vista build up during the summer and fall?If I could be the FSX wizard for one day, I'd make FSX runnable with 100 fps, with all sliders maxed out and without blurries, on a 5 year old computer running all OS, from Windows for Workgroups 3.1 to Vista64. That would be a dream.Ulf B :-)EDITED: CDAhmedEH, I'm sorry that you became the "victim" for my post. There has been other posts that would have been much better victims. My only excuse is that I'm a litte bit tired just now. Sorry. Hope you'll learn to enjoy FSX in the same way as J van E.Core2Duo X6800 OC 3.3GHz, 4GB RAM8800GTX, dual view 1920x1200 and 1280x1024Creative SB X-Fi (Gamer mode)WinXP Pro SP2, FSX SP1High end today. Next year it won't. When FS11 is release it will be low end. That's how it goes.

Not sure why your having those problems. I am running FSX SP1 on the machine down below and running locked @ 20 and keeping steady at 20 except it those big cities. The LA area brings it down 13-15 but it is still very smooth. I run all the sliders 3/4's of the way to the right except for autogen which is at normal. All traffic is at 20%, and that is plenty of traffic. (Using My traffic X for AI) The only change to the .CFG I have done is adjusted Texture Bandwidth which is currently at 55.So, I don't understand why folks are having problems. The only problem I have is blurries. But it's not as bad as some of the screen shots I've seen in this forum. And it only happens in the LA, Chicago an NY areas. All of the rest of the metropolitan areas seem to be fine. I assume there is just too much data for my machine to keep up with. I'm not going to build another machine right now, don't need to. I am more than happy with FSX SP1 and the LDS 763 and the FLight 1 ATR to keep me happy. And I can still fly FS9 anytime I feel the need. But I have not fired up FS9 in at least a month now.

The bottom line is: The performance is as good as it gets with your setup. You cannot expect a VW (your computer) performing like a BMW (Core2Duo, 8800GTX).- If you want to eliminate the blurries, then you have to turn the sliders DOWN or live with the blurries.- If you need better performance and less overall blurries, upgrade your hardware.I know... it's not something that you want to hear, but that's how it is.Good luck!Pat

Well then I guess you haven't come up against MY VW (NOT talkin bout my PC here) while driving your BMW (or anyone's BMW for that matter!) :-)Sorry - just a VeeDub Head who loves tuning my lil ol straight 4 1.8T. ;-)

Guest CDAhmedEH

How can I ignore the blurries when they are this bad ? (see attached screen shot) Since vollmey has no problems, can you please post your cfg file. I also attached my cfg file, so if anyone knows what is wrong with it, fix it please. Here are my detailed specs :Windows: Windows XP5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 2Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180Memory (RAM): 2048 MBCPU: AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+CPU Speed: 2199.5 MHzSound card: Realtek AC97 AudioDisplay Adapters: ALL-IN-WONDER X800 Series | ALL-IN-WONDER X800 Series Secondary | RADEON 7000 SERIES | UltraMon Display Mirror Driver | RADEON 7000 SERIES | NetMeeting driver | RDPDD Chained DDScreen Resolution: 1280 X 1024 - 32 bit: Network Adapters: Bluetooth PAN Network Adapter - Packet Scheduler Miniport | Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010 PCI Gigabit Ethernet Controller - Packet Scheduler MiniportCD / DVD Drives: E: TSSTcorpCD/DVDW SH-S182F | F: HL-DT-STCD-RW GCE-8520B | G: NC5653A BAC020H | H: NC5653A BAC020H | I: NC5653A BAC020H | J: NC5653A BAC020H: COM Ports: COM3 | COM4 | COM5 | COM6 | COM7 | COM8 | COM9 | COM10 | COM11 | COM12 | COM13 | COM2LPT Ports: LPT1Mouse: 5 Button Wheel Mouse PresentHard Disks: C: 74.5GB | D: 232.9GBHard Disks - Free: C: 43.2GB | D: 105.3GBUSB Controllers: 5 host controllers.Firewire (1394): Not Detected: Manufacturer: American Megatrends Inc.Product Make: System Product Name: AC Power Status: OnLineBIOS Info: ATAT COMPATIBLE 031506 A M I 3000615Time Zone: Eastern Standard TimeBattery: No BatteryMotherboard: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. A8VModem: Bluetooth Fax ModemBluetooth DUN ModemBluetooth LAP ModemBluetooth LAP Modem #2

Here is my CFG file. And I do not get blurries like that and never have. Move your Texture Bandwidth up to 55 or 60 and see what happens. Don't test it in NYC or LA or something, use Orlando or Phoenix. Edit: I forgot to mention that I have FSX controlling the Anisotropic Filtering and the card handling the AA. It might help.

1. you have 2 display driver lines in there, that

Pierre

Someone has said, that I have the blurries like others. I've said B-S, as it's only a reduction of texture pixels for objects fading in the distance. I've been waiting for a blurrie pic, which you just supplied; and obviously mine, which is taken from about the same angle is not such a blurred mess, by any means. :D L.AdamsonAthlon 3800+/2Gig/Geforce 7600GS 256MB/ 1600*1200*32No SP-1, no autogenhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174396.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174397.jpg

You might want to start with a fresh cfg, as it looks a bit scrambled.You can make a few changes to the existing one: try these:Change: To:TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT= 300SKINNED_ANIMATIONS= 0CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY= 6Mode=1024x768x "32" 16AntiAlias= 0ShipsAndFerriesDensity= 0LeisureBoatsDensity= 0MESH_COMPLEXITY= 25 WATER_EFFECTS= 3TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_TREES_PER_CELL=300 TERRAIN_MAX_AUTOGEN_BUILDINGS_PER_CELL=2500AntiAlias= 0 * set on in gpu.AIRCRAFT_SHADOWS= 0AIRCRAFT_REFLECTIONS= 0DAWN_DUSK_SMOOTHING= 0I use:[bufferPools]PoolSize=5000000 - don't know how this would affect your perf.mipbias=6Missing:SOUND_FADER1=0.740000SOUND_FADER2=0.260000SOUND_FADER3=0.680000SOUND_FADER4=1.000000AmbientUIMusic=FSX01I got better fps with unlimited, rather than 25 or 30.All of these will have some effect: major killers for me are water & FSX traffic, though not UT_USA traffic.Good luck. Hang in there.pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

You might just start over and delete the CFG file and let FSX build a new one and go from there. You have done some tweaking though looking throught your CFG file.

As the saying goes, there is always someone worse off than you. I'm going to do a Larry now on you (rehash old screenie!) and show you why: :-)http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174400.jpgGary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol:-lol. . .but I think you're too high for Larry!pj