Sign in to follow this  
Paul J

Shall I give up ?

Well, and you walked right into this one Larry, that's FSX at ultra high scenery settings for ya!Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest CDAhmedEH

Oh my God ! Your cfg files have already helped so much. I can already see the scenery catching up this time. Here guys, I found this to try to reduce the blurries.http://www.mediafire.com/?csxoxqzjlglCreate a folder in the FSX folderExample c:program filesmicrosoft gamesfsxtexturetempExtract the contents of that folder into that newly created dir.Run Trees at 25%.batRun Autogen Buildings at 50%.bat TWICERun Autogen Ground at 50% or 25%. (this one takes approx. 2-3 hours)Your blurries should be much less I'm going to try the Autogen Ground at 25% tommorow, the 50% have already helped alot. I found these files at a website, can't remember the name.Thanks alot AVSIM community, this might be a good ending after all !EDIT : For the person with the strange mixed polygon/texture thingy problem. Try using a different driver than the latest version. For some weird reason, on my ATI card, driver version 6.2 is the best for me (its pretty old driver) !

See, you are moving forward already - good job! As for me with the strange mixed polygon/texture thing, I have have tried lots of different drivers, and in fact the latest driver is worst of all (performance-wise - all driver versions seem to exhibit the same problem).Having said that, I am currently flying out of SBGL for LEMD @ night and FSX is just performing admirably. I just wish it would perform average all the time, instead of admirably some of the time and warped the rest of the time!Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Garett,I ran the FSX reinstall and the issue hasn't been as bad of late (happens for 20-30 secs at times, then clears up now). FSX is certainly a challenge to get running right!Gary

Guest CDAhmedEH

Did you try any other game with your video card ? Did you try another video card ? Sometimes these errors can come from bad cooling or defective video card !

>Well, and you walked right into this one Larry, that's FSX at>ultra high scenery settings for ya!>:-lol I didn't walk into anything! :7 If that's your ultra high FSX settings with a dual core, then these are my ultra high settings with a "single core". If my mountains looked like your mountains, I'd agree with the original post & give it up too! :-lolL.adamson Your dual core...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174400.jpgMy Athlon 3800+http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174412.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174413.jpg

My screen shot is from South America, where the default mesh is low detail.On another note, why haven't you installed SP1 Larry? Is it because your RTM installation works so well for you? Gary

Other games (well FS9 at least) works fine in this regard. I have also stress tested my video card for hours using rthdrbl and atitool artifact tester, even overclocked to way beyond where I normally use it, and it's all good. And my CPU will run all day with Orthos flogging two cores with no errors.I am getting some other symptoms that are indicative of a broken XP installation, like FSBuild won't load after FSX has been running for a while because of "insufficient memory" (even though task manager says there is more than 1.5GB free physical memory). I also get occassional "cannot read from file" errors from both FS9 and FSX. The other day, I lost the ability to cut and paste anything.Two weeks ago it all worked OK, so something got botched up. Having two identical hard drives (non-RAID) it shouldn't be too painful to reinstall XP and FSX (again!). But before I do, I'll try those 160.03 nVidia drivers that just came out - not much to lose at this point!Gary

Gary,Copy a texture.cfg file from one of the house livery folders to your Delta folder and that plane will reassemble.Regards,Jim KarnNOTHING is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Actually I found the really simple solution...When I had my previous PC, I tried the FSX demo and decided that I would continue to use FS2004 until I could afford to either upgrade that machine or buy a new machine due to the lack of a decent simming experience. FS2004 was working really well for me at the time.I eventually did both... First I did a minor upgrade of a relatively cheap but much better video card for my old PC, and then when I could afford it, bought a machine that I thought could handle the new sim.If your existing machine is unable to run FSX to your satisfaction you have two options... The first is to go back to FS2004 or secondly give the whole thing away as your post seems to indicate you are getting way too overwrought over not not much.It is after all only a game (mind you, one that I have enjoyed since 1984).Cheers,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaIntel Core 2 Duo E6700ASUS P5N32-E SLI Deluxe Motherboard4GB Corsair VS DDR2 667Mhz RAMInno3D 8800 GTX 768MB GDDR3 590MHz VideoASUS MW221u 21" Wide Screen LCD2 x 320Gb WD SATA DrivesCreative X-Fi Platinum Sound Lian Li PC-B20B Aluminium Black CaseMS Vista Ultimate OEMCH FlightSim Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBTrackIR 4 Pro and Track ClipMSFS FSX Deluxe Edition Full install at 1400x960x32Check out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

Glad you're moving ahead, CD.These texture-reducing batch files were developed by Matt Fox about 6 months ago, but he's taken them off his site since then: I believe using these to be almost essential if you have a single-core machine. The 50% files are the ones to use: you'll not notice any difference in appearance, but the performance will improve considerably. Great stuff!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Too late, I've reinstalled XP, FSX, SP1 and LDS 767 on my second hard drive, with nothing overclocked ATM. Will be testing shortly. :-)Gary

Guest CDAhmedEH

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU x 123156106151650 timesThe textures and your configuration files work ! No more blurries even at 300 knots ! I can't believe it, its works great ! Nice smooth 15-20 at cities with hardly any blurries even at 320 knots ! Those 2m meters make FS9 look like crap ! By the way, good luck on your problem RESET MCP ALT ! Lets hope this will also be your 'lucky' day because this must be the 'lucky' topic !