Sign in to follow this  
Guest babua

How would FSX run on this computer?

Just curious if anyone has a setup like this...E4400 (core 2 duo) which will be overclocked to 3.2/3.4ish with some watercooling.Evga 680i or DFI 965 moboSATA HDDGeforce 7600GT 256mb (for now, will be upgraded to 8800 630mb in couple months)I run at only at 1680x1050x32... all or nothing :)will this run good with 100% sliders?

It looked good until you mentioned 100% sliders....That won't work....in all locations...Rural areas, yeah I spose you could get by on a vanila version of FSX + SP1Let me repeat, nothing out right now can run FSX at max in big cities...And by that I mean nothing over 30FPS with everything maxed.If someone can, without blurries, I'd love to see....hehe

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

that bad eh?I also 'downgraded' but upgraded the ram lolwent to 2x512 ram, but SLI ram, instead of non-sli 2x1gbso nothing runs 100% sliders eh? not even a crazy #### Q6600 with all 4 cores sweating their butts off? lol

Hard to believe, but yes. I dont think so eathier. Believe me, it would run FSX very well though. Might wanna wait a while though. Im sure you'll see something else in the next few months. If anything, wait till 2008 for the new products to roll and and for todays prices go down even farther. Then again, I believe computer power is at an all time high while their cost is seems to be at an all time low. Maybe its just me? :-roll

I don't know why everyone tries to max everything."Everything maxed" is an illusion. You don't max visibility or cloud draw/sight distance (unrealistic) , mesh complexity or texture resuolution beyond 19m/1m (unsupported). It's pointless.

Regards,

Max    

(YSSY)

i7-12700K | Corsair PC4-28700 DDR4 32Gb | Gigabyte RTX4090 24Gb | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS ELITE DDR4 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Guest babua

If you enable all the features of fsx even at the minimal requirement, there is no computer which will run it satisfactorily without blurries/stutters!! Forget maxing.Enable lowest autogen, lowest traffic, enable shader support, enable bloom and fly a glass cockpit aircaft over cities and you'll get blurries/stutters irrespective of the machine sooner or later.