Sign in to follow this  
Tony P

AI has gear up at gate ?

Nico,

Any idea why the AI would have the gear up parked at the gate?  

Thanks,
Tony

6 hours ago, Tony P said:

Nico,

Any idea why the AI would have the gear up parked at the gate?  

Thanks,
Tony

Hi Tony 

Could you be more precise please.

Static or live aircraft?

One aircraft or all ?

What Simulator.?

What AI package?

Thank you.

Nico

Edited by kiek

Sorry Nico - Here are the specifics.  

I have all ground traffic set to "0" in the sim ( MSFS ) 

It appears from the screenshot that it happens on some aircraft not all.  The screenshot is spawned at KJFK in MSFS.

I do not have any extra livery packages except for the planes I like to fly.  That actually leads me to another question - as you can see in the screenshot - sometimes I see pink and white boxes on some of the AI.  Is that some sort of livery compatibility thing ?  Also - is the wheel issue an elevation issue ?

Let me know,
Thanks - Tony

My plane is the Delta livery at the bottom.  AI in blue on top left has no gear - and top right has gear but the pink boxes.

jfk.png

45 minutes ago, Tony P said:

I do not have any extra livery packages except for the planes I like to fly. 

That's not good, I'm sorry. You must install AI aircraft, preferably from AIG.  See the MSFS Quick Start Guide.

User flyable aircraft are much too cpu/gpu heavy for to be used as aircraft objects in PSXT.

7 hours ago, kiek said:

That's not good, I'm sorry. You must install AI aircraft, preferably from AIG.  See the MSFS Quick Start Guide.

User flyable aircraft are much too cpu/gpu heavy for to be used as aircraft objects in PSXT.

ok - is it possible to only have PSXT look at 3rd party AI <ONLY> ?  If so - can you give me an example of how the config file would look so I can avoid all other liveries ?

Thanks

It's a setting in every aircraft.cfg.  By default you would think the devs would disable those aircraft for use as AI, but they don't. So you get to do it.

Simply change isAirTraffic=1 to isAirTraffic=0 and it has to be done for each livery. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Many thanks Nico.  Once I get squared away with the AI,  I'll let you know if I see any more weirdness.

5 hours ago, Tony P said:

ok - is it possible to only have PSXT look at 3rd party AI <ONLY> ?

YES IT IS

de-select scan  Liveries Automatic (off)

and define  lfolder parameters to the root folder of your AI liveries package, see the Manual section 5.1

Example:

<parameter name="lfolder0" value="E:\MSFS Addons\Liveries\aig-aitraffic-oci-beta" />

Thus the is no need to edit aircraft.cfg files, as @Dave_YVR  suggests

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

On 9/17/2022 at 1:30 AM, kiek said:

YES IT IS

de-select scan  Liveries Automatic (off)

and define  lfolder parameters to the root folder of your AI liveries package, see the Manual section 5.1

Example:

<parameter name="lfolder0" value="E:\MSFS Addons\Liveries\aig-aitraffic-oci-beta" />

Thus the is no need to edit aircraft.cfg files, as @Dave_YVR  suggests

This is now working well Nico - Thanks

One more question - Is there any way to limit the actual amount of AI ?  My system struggles to keep up with all of the live traffic.

Thanks,

Tony

Edited by Tony P

6 minutes ago, Tony P said:

One more question - Is there any way to limit the actual amount of AI ?  My system struggles to keep up with all of the live traffic.

Yes therer are, lower the  lateral range and/or lower the parking percentage.

Nico,

Is there some chance you could allow for a default setting of the traffic amounts through he gui rather than manually updating each airport ?  

Thanks,
Tony

7 minutes ago, Tony P said:

Is there some chance you could allow for a default setting of the traffic amounts through he gui rather than manually updating each airport ?  

Lateral range is not airport dependent.  You can adjust the parking position through the GUI, it will be saved in the airport file. No need to edit the airport file yourself.

Edited by kiek