Sign in to follow this  
Romeo_Tango

Latest Update

We would like to give a sincere thank you to everyone who have participated in the Sim Update 10 beta over the last several weeks. Your feedback and reports have been very valuable in getting the update ready for its final version. Speaking of, we will have more information to share very soon about the release date for Sim Update 10. 

We are also excited to say that we have a booth at the Reno Air Races this year. If you are attending, stop by and say hi to our team members!

MSFS Team.

Dont know how to link . But this is the latest. 

• Like 4

Robin

38 minutes ago, cchiozza said:

Yep late again I guess..

Will likely stump about their speed, using the Reno Races in MSFS as a proof statement....  LOL!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I dont think they will release today unless they want to work on the weekend if there are any major problems. Probably release on Tuesday.

9 minutes ago, sanh said:

I dont think they will release today unless they want to work on the weekend if there are any major problems. Probably release on Tuesday.

If you mean SU10 update, that won’t be released until Nvidia release their next driver. 

• Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

30 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

If you mean SU10 update, that won’t be released until Nvidia release their next driver. 

Yes, there is a lot of logic in this, because they won't want everyone to face the current DX12 problems (memory management, artefacts, missing tiles etc.), as the update will be universal and apply to everyone.  The new Nvidia driver should fix these issues hopefully, and I would fully expect MS / Asobo to point people in the direction of the new Nvidia driver in the update notes.

One thing I do find strange...  I have seen a few people being sarcastic about the delay with the SU10 update. 
These are people who won't join the beta, and will probably moan if the update comes out with bugs.  You can't win with some people.  :rolleyes:

It is a pity about the DLSS slight blurring of the flat screens, as DLSS has been a massive performance improvement for me, but it looks like it could take a bit of work to do the masking on them.  However, I notice with a bit of the new sharpening added back in (new sharpening slider in settings), it really isn't that bad.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

And I like to mention the massive weather appearance improvement! That´s at least my opinion. I have seen many good weather renditions the last couple of weeks, especially in EUROPE since we have lot´s of clouds, severe weather and local thunderstorms the last couple of days here in Europe (Germany, Italy, France, and Portugal)

• Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

46 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Wau, If Asobo is waiting for NVIDIA and NVIDIA for Asobo, that could be a never-ending space-temporal loop irresolvable that could proof the existence of God.

• Like 1

Was hoping this drops over weekend so I can do some flying again. Ah well new drivers, new sim update and hopefully King Air around the corner.

• Like 2

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

If SU10 requires a new driver from Nvidia which hasn't been released yet, how can the update itself have been fully tested? 

I couldn't agree more with those who simply call for clear, straightforward communication from Asobo--something we have, indeed, been waiting a very long time for.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TASCHMANN said:

If SU10 requires a new driver from Nvidia which hasn't been released yet, how can the update itself have been fully tested? 

I couldn't agree more with those who simply call for clear, straightforward communication from Asobo--something we have, indeed, been waiting a very long time for.

I imagine driver code is shared / validated with developers before release. 

Relatively, we have a very good level of communication from Asobo.

Edited by scotchegg
  • Like 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

I have absolutely no problem with waiting longer for the next update. I'd rather have a stable one that doesn't introduce new bugs like the previous ones.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scotchegg said:

Relatively, we have a very good level of communication from Asobo.

I would simply suggest that there is a difference between frequent communication and good communication.

2 minutes ago, Squatdrop said:

Guys, SU10 beta works well with current drivers !

MSFS running in DX12 mode on nVidia cards has a problem with visual artifacts when the internal performance enhancements are turned on.

The fix for that issue is what's supposed to be coming in the next nvidia driver update.

Edited by Matchstick