Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

How is ProFlight 2000?

Might "AISmooth" be a PARTIAL SOLUTION to this problem (and I do mean partial)?Happy flying:RTH

Some Progress, but no banana yet.My initial problem was that I did not have my mic linked to an activation key. Every time I said anything, the feedback beep immediately was heard and I got a "Not Recognized" error. The beep was what was not being recognized, not my command. After enabling and useing a key, GameCommander2 seems to work correctly. All applicable commands are recognized in the GameCommander2 window.However, I am still receiving no response from my flight simulator (presently trying FS9) to my communications. They read with no errors in GC2, but apparently FS9 is not receiveing them yet. Operation with key commands works flawlessly, but my voice recognition is not being recognized.I have tried the default FS2000 command set included with GC2. I have also Made FS9, FSX, and PF_Emulator Command Files and copied the FS2000 Command Set to them. Trying each, so far this has not been a solution for me either.I have tried "Shoot" and "Flight Assistant" with the same results so far.One more short between the ears that needs to be fixed!I am leaving to be out of town until late tomorrow, and am anxiously looking forward to Garard's tutorial when I return. Respectfully:RTH

Guest Len

The problem I've always stated for RCV4 is that it isn't downloadable. Said it when it was released and will continue to say it.

Good to see that small issues are fixed that quick !It will turn PFE in a rock solid program.http://pfesupport.freeforums.org/viewforum...0b147cbfb44ea71

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Anyone knows if that new tutorial is available online somewhere? I think it might give me a good insight in how everything works. Might be a good idea, because right now I'm getting the idea it's all a bit complicated (because you are dealing with two programs really).(I know I maybe should be asking this on the official forum but I do not want to register for just one question. ;) )

>Here you go...>>http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/downloa...ht_Tutorial.pdf>>Cheers>>Dave March>Thanks for the excellent tutorial, Dave. Now it is a complete solid package. Aural perception is amazing in this ATC add-on, the best hands down. You can even voice speak to the program (not that detailed like in VOX though), but eventually with all its features and depth it is ALL-IN-ONE ATC for FS.

Hi Rhodges,You got me looking for my old disc with Gamecommander2 on it... I did find it but when I went to install I got an error, come to find the _user1 and data1 cab files have become corrupted on the CD. I don't think I saved a second CD. I'll have to dig into my old files and see if I can find my original purchase record.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Found another disc in my stuff that had a good backup copy... now where did I put the registration number? I think it's on my Psion model 5, now let's see if I can get that open again ;).

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

I can give my opinion on this program based on some flights in FS9. First off, it has several options and a flow you must follow between the two programs. Being two separate programs, it can get confusing remembering to set up the one flight in one, then setting up in the other. I'm not sure why the original engine can't be incorporated into the PFE program and set up to make your whole flight plan in one interface. I have to think it could be reworked from the GUI standpoint so only those features that work could be available for one program.Anyhow, once you've set up your flight plan, which is very quick once you know how to do it, and no longer than RC4 IMO, you simply enter the sim and hit the 0 key to obtain clearance. If you have the Co-Pilot active to work comms, they'll switch frequencies, tune ILS freqs, and even dial in the course for the ILS runway you receive, all without any buttons to press from you. I like this because it requires absolutely no interaction from you at all, from cruise to touchdown, you only listen. Obviously, if you want to interact and pick new runways or whatever, you can do this by choosing from the keyboard numbers. Otherwise, the co-pilot does all the talking and comms for you.Now the major impressions so far:- The callsign database is kinda small and out of date. You have all the major carriers for the most part, but a lot of newer airlines have come along in the last 8 years. Plus, airlines like TWA are in this list, therefore, it's one less callsign you'll probably use for each old carrier.- The program doesn't interact or simulate AI communication. You only have a choice right now of canned chatter, and you will get European callsigns in the US and vice-versa. This is a real bummer because you won't hear traffic around you unless you turn on the MS ATC and listen on Comm 2. So, no traffic advisories, alerts....nothing.- The flight plan must be tailored in a way so the program won't drop waypoints. I have yet to figure this out, but for some reason, when using certain flight plans, you lose waypoints that shouldn't be dropped for being too close. Example: I took a real world flight from FlightAware and routed it out in FS9. The plan was KROA ROA CASTE PEEBE RNL KCRW. When I compiled the plan in PF2000, I lost all the waypoints except PEEBE. This is very strange to me since they seemed plenty spaced apart, but that is a major modification to the plan. I'm 90% sure it's nothing I've done to lose those waypoints.- The vectors to final leave a lot to be desired. My flight into KCRW above was a very good vector to ILS 23 flying the Cessna 206, but I ran a flight into my home airport flying a 737 and was given vectors that put me so close to the MAP via the base turn, no way could anyone have landed in low visibility, nor would the LOC have worked. I'm seeing a few others having problems with vectors to final as well. I realize a lot of this can be overcome with an IAP, however, you don't always have access to an IAP and you should be able to get accurate vectors into any airport. Plus if your flight plan is preset to arrive at one set of runways and you end up getting the opposite side of the field, then you might need ATC's help.- Some instructions don't exactly line up with the flight plan. My flight from KLAS to KPHX is one example. I had HITME as the first waypoint in the plan out of KLAS. I was given good turn instructions from take-off to intercept my plan, however, as I was approaching HITME, ATC instructed me to turn to a heading ~20 degrees to the right of where HITME is located. It made no sense, but ATC also stated I was clear to resume own navigation, so the turn to the right was ignored by me. The KLAS to KPHX flight was kinda full of strange requests, such as being told to turn off the plan at certain times. I completely missed one waypoint because ATC turned me off course and I had to dump the waypoint from the FMC once allowed to resume own navs again. I saw no traffic anywhere to cause this either.- Overall, the strength of the program is really in the ability to assign altitudes to the waypoints in your plan (provided they aren't lost when opened in PF2000), and assign SIDs and STARs to the airfields in your plan. It's a basic approach to SID and STAR use, but it's probably the best way to incorporate it into this program. These two abilities allow the user to almost fly a real world flight plan and have ATC give you instructions as if it knows what the flight should look like. This is where RC4 needs the most improvement IMO. I haven't been able to convey this message to JD in their forums, since they seem to think the way it's done now is fine, but this feature in PFE allows for more realistic plans IMO.- PFE/PF and RC4 don't provide any taxi instructions, so they both drop the ball here. - The voices in PF/PFE are very good and much better than anything so far. Some of the cadence is a little off depending on the voice set, but nothing that distracting. Some voice sets flow rather nice in fact. Plus you get regional accents and more voices than RC4.- PFE has the option of VFR flight, so this is something that makes it very appealing in many ways. I haven't tried the VFR options yet, but they look nice based on what commands I have to choose from on the sheet. The only thing I'm not sure of, is whether the VFR options are any better than what you get in MS ATC.- PFE unfortunately doesn't have the option to select higher or lower altitudes by number. In RC4 and even MS ATC, you can pull a list of altitudes you want to ask for, but in PFE you ask for higher or lower. No choice of what you might get. I was at 7,000 in the Cessna 206 and wanted a higher altitude, but I got 10,000, like it or not.- PFE has excellent support though. Dave and his team have really provided some of the best support I've seen in a while. He answers the questions very fast and tries to work out any issue you might have. Plus, we've had a couple updates already and a runway database editor is on the way to correct for add-on airports that don't work right.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Thanks for this great review. Now I know what to do. ;)OT:>I like this because it requires>absolutely no interaction from you at all, from cruise to>touchdown, you only listen. Obviously, if you want to>interact and pick new runways or whatever, you can do this by>choosing from the keyboard numbers. Otherwise, the co-pilot>does all the talking and comms for you.Makes me wonder why you fly at all...! What's the fun of just looking at the screen and doing nothing at all? I know this is an option and you can do EVERYTHING yourself, but I just wondered what the fun of FS is when you let the computer do all the work...

Guest Dave March

Hi Orlaam,Thanks so much for taking the time to post about your findings with PFE. There are, however, a few points I would like to make regarding some of your comments.I'm not sure why the original engine can't be incorporated into the PFE program and set up to make your whole flight plan in one interface. I have to think it could be reworked from the GUI standpoint so only those features that work could be available for one program.Simply because it's not mine to change and I don't have the source code anyway!>- The callsign database is kinda small and out of date. You>have all the major carriers for the most part, but a lot of>newer airlines have come along in the last 8 years. Plus,>airlines like TWA are in this list, therefore, it's one less>callsign you'll probably use for each old carrier.This we hope to address in the not too distant future.>- The program doesn't interact or simulate AI communication.This should be in the next release.... or soon after>- The flight plan must be tailored in a way so the program>won't drop waypoints.Already configurable within the ProFlight CFG file... but change it at you own risk ;-)>- The vectors to final leave a lot to be desired. My flight>into KCRW above was a very good vector to ILS 23 flying the>Cessna 206, but I ran a flight into my home airport flying a>737 and was given vectors that put me so close to the MAP via>the base turn, no way could anyone have landed in low>visibility, nor would the LOC have worked.All down to planning. Between us we have flown hundreds, if not thousands of approaches, and yes, occasionally PFE can get it wrong, but remember you are the pilot in charge and you can always use the Ctrl+Shift+1 key to be "Cleared to Final".CheersDave March

http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/forum_i...fdc_pfe_dev.jpgEmail:dmarch@oncourse-software.co.ukWebsite:http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk

as of today, you can now download 680mb of radar contact.this may look reactive to PFE being released, but has been in the works for months. people who have purchased the cd have had private emails giving them the link to download it, and they have.jd

Sure do, and I have gone through the training procedure with it.Thanks:RTH