Sign in to follow this  
morsoft

XP12 No Moving AI Aircraft

Hi. I cannot find any setting to see moving AI aircraft on the ground nor in the air. I also cannot see any messages nor hear from other aircraft in the ATC dialogue. Am I missing a trick somewhere? 😀 

Mal

Edited by morsoft
Wrong title

Have you added any AI flights, to your flight? I believe (if wrong someone will point you correctly), you select them from the screen where you select your plane. Top Right is a link to Add AI Aircraft. You click that link and select what and how many you want flying around with you. I have three going at all times not a real noticeable FPS hit. I imagine though, a bunch would be a significant hit to your FPS. Good Luck..

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Yep.  That’s correct.  You need to set up the AI as  @Pivot described. But there will be a performance hit.  Traffic Global is a great solution once released for Xplane 12 (or if you want to hack it yourself).

Many thanks both. That solves it. It is now very hard to transmit with so much chatter though 🥺

Mal

Edited by morsoft
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, morsoft said:

Many thanks both. That solves it. It is now very hard to transmit with so much chatter though 🥺

Mal

That's another reason I only use three.. 🤣🤣🤣

Regards,

Pivot

i9-10900k * 64Gb Ram * MSI RTX 4070 Ti Gaming X Trio * Steel Series Arctis Pro Wireless Headset * Win11 Home x64 * Oculus Rift-S * Tobii ET 5 * TM Warthog Combo, Honeycomb Alpha & Saitek Pro-Rudders

Not directly related to the OP, but AI aircraft and the way they work in X-Plane has been debated a lot since XP10.

I've asked Austin to consider making them a lot less heavy on the system, but Austin's idea of AI aircraft is that AI or not AI, they really have to follow the exact same constraints imposed by the weather and the flight dynamics of all other aircraft flying in the sim... This is altruistic but at the same time IMO not realistic 😕

This is why all my flights start by making sure that no AI aircraft are active.

In MFS the Real World Traffic, injected by the simulation engine, can actually get controlled even by the default ATC, and it works, and it's astounding to arrive LPPT at a prime hour and share my final approach with the exact same aircraft arriving to the airport IRL, but at the same time having the chance to see their real flight paths turn virtual and detached from reality when ATC commands them to go-around or the like. This is all there for free !

I would like to have this sort of functionality in XP12 too, preferably for free as well... I never used any freeware or even less payware AI traffic application / plugin for X-Plane, and I really don't like the idea of messing around with "complex" configurations when in MFS I just have to tick to boxes... and enjoy thereafter...

Edited by jcomm
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Agree, they should improve the AI system. Ben says AI calculations are not heavy on a modern PC (and probably it's true, especially if using optimized AI aircraft available for XP11), but the limit of 19 AI aircraft and the fact they roam around randomly makes AI in XP unrealistic.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

1 hour ago, jcomm said:

Not directly related to the OP, but AI aircraft and the way they work in X-Plane has been debated a lot since XP10.

I've asked Austin to consider making them a lot less heavy on the system, but Austin's idea of AI aircraft is that AI or not AI, they really have to follow the exact same constraints imposed by the weather and the flight dynamics of all other aircraft flying in the sim... This is altruistic but at the same time IMO not realistic 😕

This is why all my flights start by making sure that no AI aircraft are active.

In MFS the Real World Traffic, injected by the simulation engine, can actually get controlled even by the default ATC, and it works, and it's astounding to arrive LPPT at a prime hour and share my final approach with the exact same aircraft arriving to the airport IRL, but at the same time having the chance to see their real flight paths turn virtual and detached from reality when ATC commands them to go-around or the like. This is all there for free !

I would like to have this sort of functionality in XP12 too, preferably for free as well... I never used any freeware or even less payware AI traffic application / plugin for X-Plane, and I really don't like the idea of messing around with "complex" configurations when in MFS I just have to tick to boxes... and enjoy thereafter...

Just Flight Traffic Global Update for XP12 will release soon and it's pretty amazing in XP11(no fps loss on my pc)👍👌

email reply from JF Support:

JF Support 

, said 4 days ago

Hi,

Thanks for your ticket.

You still have activations left for Traffic Global (X-Plane 11 Windows) so havent hit any limit yet.

The key should still be valid so if you're getting any errors in XP11 (note its not XP12 compatible yet) let us know.

We're hoping to have an update for it so it will run in XP12 soon.

Kind regards,

Simon
Edited by Beerz
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerz said:

Just Flight Traffic Global Update for XP12 will release soon and it's pretty amazing in XP11(no fps loss on my pc)👍👌

Thanks for the hint !!! I'll pay ya a Beer..zzzz if I go that track and like it 🙂

Well, I'll still miss the ATC part though, but that might come with another good addon. 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Just now, jcomm said:

Thanks for the hint !!! I'll pay ya a Beer..zzzz if I go that track and like it 🙂

Well, I'll still miss the ATC part though, but that might come with another good addon. 

😁 Beerz is my cars name(Subaru BRZ 2022...Bee-R-Z)  but i do like beer👍😊 have a great day JCOMM👍

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

Your dream comes true: LiveTraffic. Its aircraft even can produce wake turbulences (at least it was planned this way). However, when I tried it, id didn't work (yet) * - but it is known as bug, see last paragraph.

* That's why I did this video with the "conventional" XP AI aircraft.

• Like 1

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

4 hours ago, Murmur said:

... but the limit of 19 AI aircraft and the fact they roam around randomly makes AI in XP unrealistic.

That's true, indeed. However, at least with LiveTraffic you can have 200 if I remember correctly. I am currently using "only" 50 - that's plenty ...

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

3 hours ago, flying_carpet said:

Your dream comes true: LiveTraffic. Its aircraft even can produce wake turbulences (at least it was planned this way). However, when I tried it, id didn't work (yet) * - but it is known as bug, see last paragraph.

* That's why I did this video with the "conventional" XP AI aircraft.

did u follow this setup

Step-by-Step - LiveTraffic (gitbook.io)

Edited by Beerz

7 hours ago, jcomm said:

If I accept the framerate hit, I can now run 19 AI aircraft without degrading XP12 to a slideshow. This was definitely not possible in XP11, so Laminar must've done some optimization.

Give it a try.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days