Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

XP-12 graphics settings.

Like all of us I have been tuning the graphics settings for the best performance/graphics compromise.  This will be different for all of us, but two settings, shown by Q8Pilot were the keys to my set up.

Firstly he advises the texture setting be lowered to 'high' if your graphics card has less than 12Gb Ram.  My card has 11Gb so initially resisted lowering the texture setting, but doing so gained me many fps and made flying completely smooth.  I was worried this setting would degrade all the ortho I downloaded, but it doesn't appear so.  Secondly, the antialiasing setting between two and four.  I did try a setting of 2 just after release, but the shimmering was too bad. However, I now have it set to 2 - the shimmering is there, but not as bad as I initially observed.  Maybe something changed up to beta 3?

I have installed ReShade just for a single filter - LumaSharpen.  I found this excellent in MSFS and it is also great in XP12 - brings out the details in the ortho without adding artefacts.  No other filter is required in XP-12 as the lighting and colours are spot on.

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

heading North of PAFR 

spacer.png

• Like 6

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

I think I read from Ben that improving AA is in their roadmap.

• Like 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Firstly he advises the texture setting be lowered to 'high' if your graphics card has less than 12Gb Ram. 

I tried this, and I gained +/- 10 fps on my aging 1070 (8GB vram). thanks!

• Like 1

Thanks.  No matter what people say about xplane.  It's a tank. 

No dgxi,   no kernalbase, no ntdll, no coult hasnt started.

It's a tank.  Be interesting to see what the future brings xp12.

• Like 3

14ppkc-6.png

IDK....2x msaa looks awful at 1440P on my 27" monitor.  I should be able to run 8x but even XP11 was sluggish at that setting with my 1080 ti.  At 1080P it was fine.  Good thing the 4080 cards are coming soon haha

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

IDK....2x msaa looks awful at 1440P on my 27" monitor.  I should be able to run 8x but even XP11 was sluggish at that setting with my 1080 ti.  At 1080P it was fine.  Good thing the 4080 cards are coming soon haha

I had been running XP-12 at 4x or 8x msaa, so I was very shocked at how good it looks at 2x on my 1440p 27 inch monitor.  Sure, there is some shimmering, but nowhere near enough to ruin the experience for me.  Maybe I have discovered a sweet spot for settings on my particular PC.

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Well, 

while XP12 is GROWING ON ME due to the way it models Weather, and of course the distinctive "feel of flight" that it's flight dynamics are still able to provide better than the alternatives I have tried so far, having started to use MSI Afterburner to limit the Temp and Power settings and at the same time Nvidia Control Panel ( NCP ) to force max FPS to 30,  has given me the chance to move the AA slider full right ( 8x ) although I have it at 4x, as well as most of the other graphics sliders, some full right, and having no impact in XP12 other than a truly gorgeous display.

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...