Sign in to follow this  
Dave_YVR

Manually assigning parking for Freighters that park all day

I've let PSXT run and learn at CYVR for many hours yet it still hasn't learned to place various Cargo aircraft as statics. I'd like to setup the airport file myself. Is there a shortcut to editing the parking spots such as below?

<option airline="CJT" type="B763" opf="PRM" real="true" day="1" hours="5,6" />
            <option airline="CJT" type="B763" real="true" day="6" hours="23" />

This particular spot would be occupied from approx 1500z-0100z on days 0-5. 

I'm also not seeing any of a  couple smaller local carriers that I do have good repaints for, they just never show up.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

49 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

I've let PSXT run and learn at CYVR for many hours yet it still hasn't learned to place various Cargo aircraft as statics.

How much is many hours?

There is a FsimStudios CYVR aiport file at my site that has several cargo options filled in.

Is there a shortcut to editing the parking spots ?

This particular spot would be occupied from approx 1500z-0100z on days 0-5

No shortcuts, just define everything, and days are numbered 1 .. 7, . 1 = Monday.

I'm also not seeing any of a  couple smaller local carriers that I do have good repaints for, they just never show up.

Does CYVR support real live ground traffic? I mean do you see aircraft starting and ending at parking positions?

15 minutes ago, kiek said:

here is a FsimStudios CYVR aiport file at my site that has several cargo options filled in.

I assumed that I already had that from the installer, but I'll certainly try it out. Just drop it in the PSXT_MSFS\thirdparty_airports folder and remove the one that have in my updated_airports folder?

17 minutes ago, kiek said:

No shortcuts, just define everything, and days are numbered 1 .. 7, . 1 = Monday.

That's essentially my query, how to define 8-10 hours a day for 5-6 days a week?

18 minutes ago, kiek said:

Does CYVR support real live ground traffic? I mean do you see aircraft starting and ending at parking positions?

Yes, we ensure that transponders are on for ground movement and have an MLAT array on the field.

1 minute ago, Dave_YVR said:

I assumed that I already had that from the installer, but I'll certainly try it out. Just drop it in the PSXT_MSFS\thirdparty_airports folder and remove the one that have in my updated_airports folder?

No, the installer has 33 stock and asobo airports, not third party airports, because I cannot assume users have these add-ons....

You really have to pick it up (if you have FsimStudios) and overwrite your file in updated_airports.

1 minute ago, Dave_YVR said:

That's essentially my query, how to define 8-10 hours a day for 5-6 days a week?

Well quite simple::

<option airline="CJT" type="B763" real="true" day="1,2,3,4,5" hours="0,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23" />

10 minutes ago, kiek said:

Well quite simple::

<option airline="CJT" type="B763" real="true" day="1,2,3,4,5" hours="0,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23" />

Cool, easy enough it just wasn't clear in the manual. I'll try it out.

update.. trying out the CYVR file, I've got 2 DLH A350's showing up as statics at 20z. There should be just one daily DLH A350 and it shouldn't be here until 2345z. Just something to let PSXT learn on it's own?

Edited by Dave_YVR

10 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

it just wasn't clear in the manual.

There are examples in the manual and you could have looked to a learned airport file. Besides, normally you let PSXT or PSXY_Learner  learn, it is not need to do it manually....Just let it run for a few days.

I've got 2 DLH A350's showing up as statics at 20z. 

That can happen, because they may have parked in real live at different gates at different days.. The chances are lower with a "full" airport file, because then you have will enough options at the real day at the real hour.

and it shouldn't be here until 2345z. Just something to let PSXT learn on it's own?

Indeed, although PSXT's granularity is an hour, not quarters of an hour 

Edited by kiek

Fair enough, it's just a steep learning curve when you first jump in. The examples in the manual are pretty basic and even then aren't that clear.

1 hour ago, Dave_YVR said:

Fair enough, it's just a steep learning curve when you first jump in. The examples in the manual are pretty basic and even then aren't that clear.

Yes, so don't try to do advanced things when you have just started. Go flying, enjoy, let it learn.

• Like 2

Dave,

If you're a bit of a perfectionist like me it's hard to ignore obvious parking oddities, but try to take a few weeks or month and ignore those things. Enjoy the fact that departing, flying and landing aircraft models and airlines are true-to-life (as long as you have the liveries in your AI library). If you want some fun set up as an observer at a busy airport and bring up Flightaware on a laptop or tablet and compare it to what you see in MSFS - it's really something to behold.

Later as you see parked AI issues write the down, or print out the logs and begin working on fixing them (most of which can be done by just letting Learner run and cycle through airports you use frequently) - let it run for days, or preferably weeks. If you have a separate computer let it run there and then just copy the learned .xml's over to your sim computer.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB