Sign in to follow this  
Knoblet

P3D v32.0.0 update not connecting to RT

Had no choice but to update to latest version today and now no connection to RT.

I have always run RT on a laptop over my private network with no problems with previous versions.

Do I still need to add     <parameter name="PSXT_RT_SAME_COMPUTER" value="false" /> to parameter file?

I did try it and still no connection. Something is very broken

You must have missed the Release Notes of version  31.17.7 ..................................................

"Running RealTraffic at a PC without PSXT at the same PC is no longer supported, you must run PSXT+RT networked if you do not want RT at your Flight Sim PC.
RealTraffic is automatically detected, the checkbox “
RT at same PC” has been removed from the UI.
Checkbox “
serving two PSXT instances “ removed from the UI, this parameter is now set automatically."

So either go for a networked setup, see Manual 2.5 or (recommended) go for a single PC setup. 

BTW It is always better to upgrade immediately and not to stay behind in versions. That's my reason for the mandatory update to 32. It is not easy for me to give support if one is running an outdated version ..

Edited by kiek

OK Nico thanks

I much prefer to see RT 'radar' screen on another computer because I fly many flights following real world flights using OFP's from my commercial pilot friends but if your new setup makes your life easier then so be it.

Everything is working ok networked but ai seems to be a little more 'jerky'. Any suggestions?

8 minutes ago, Knoblet said:

Everything is working ok networked but ai seems to be a little more 'jerky'. Any suggestions?

Yes, move everything to your FlighSim PC, buy an extra monitor and move your RT radar screen to that monitor.

2 minutes ago, Knoblet said:

😄 I just knew you would say that! 😄

🙂 Thanks for your donation, much appreciated.

• Like 1