Sign in to follow this  
wan2fly99

Is Goflight Gone now

Steve has a copy of the 64bit GoFlight version 2.6 on hid Polypott site. I believe he does not charge for it. As far as I can tell Polypott GIT, FSUIPC and Spad.next all will assist in getting GoFlight modules talking to MS2020. All 3 have limitations I'm told and all 3 have significant learning curves. FSUIPC has an advanced guide and John does a great job of answering questions for those truly attempting to learn. I cannot speak at all to Spad.next. I see there Discord channel for GoFlight is empty. Don't know what, if any, support is offered for GoFlight at Spad.next. I'm of the opinion Pollypott GIT would be the way to go for a pre developed profile, mostly for PMDG aircraft. My observations see Steve at Pollypott developing virtual hardware, which he sells, that emulate the functions of our GoFlight hardware. I don't see a lot of development time and support going into his Detective tools which allow for detailed manipulations of LVAR's and Events which are the core of getting buttons, toggle switches and rotaries to work with GoFlight hardware. The really good news is the GoFlight hardware appears to be quite well built. If anyone has direct experience with Spzd.next and GoFlight it would be great to hear of it. I have read over the years the FSX solution works for some, but mostly not for others. I have 11 units and need to evaluate and decide which software vendor to dive down the rabbit hole with.

I have a Goflight EFIS which I thought could never use at MSFS, and then found the Polypot GoFlight Interface Tool, which made it work very well with the PDMG B737

On 9/24/2022 at 6:48 AM, Bernard Ducret said:

José, I did read this trick too on the official MSFS forum with plenty of details, but when I do follow those instructions and click on the GFDevFSX.exe, all I am getting is an error message: "The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect".

In the GF config tool on the right I did select Simulator Info >FSX, and on the left the only tab visible is FSX. I saved that cfg and cannot go pass that error message!  Any idea?

If there is no way, all my modules are already programmed with FSUIPC and are functional with MSFS, but they remain dark, no big deal really.

Sorry for the delay Bernard. I have not had the chance to visit AVSIM and chat with my friends.

All I did was install FSX and Acceleration. Opened the GoFlight software and loaded my saved config. Then closed the GoFlight software.

I loaded MSFS, then GFDevFSX.exe, and all my GoFlight Modules lit and worked as in prior sims.

No errors.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Ok did everything I try to start and get message

Application failed to start because side by side configuration is incorrect

Now Im stuck

Djose did you find a solution  I get the same error   Do u have C++ redistruction package installed  Reading thru internet said some about that but sure

2 hours ago, wan2fly99 said:

Application failed to start because side by side configuration is incorrect

I assume you are trying to start the GFDevFSX module with FSX install, I had that error too and it was related to the fact I did not install Acceleration that contains some redistribution packages. After installing Acceleration, everything worked.

4 hours ago, DJJose said:

Sorry for the delay Bernard.

No problem, I could sort out the issue and it is now resolved as per my comment above. Many thanks for getting back.

• Like 1

Bernard

CPU = 12900K / GPU = Nvidia 3090 VRAM 24 GB / RAM = 64 GB / SSD = 2 TB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe™ M.2, 

Did u install FSX Delux then acceleration pack?   A friend of mine said yu can have his FSX Golden edition $50

Would that have these redistribution files or not

There's also SP1 & SP2 for FSX. But, I think that FSX Steam edition for $5 should work. Black Friday is right around the corner. 😀

Can't confirm as I have original FSX & Accel DVDs installed.

19 hours ago, wan2fly99 said:

Djose did you find a solution  I get the same error   Do u have C++ redistruction package installed  Reading thru internet said some about that but sure

I think I have every version installed. Issue is probably related to FSX SP1 & SP2 needing to be installed. Acceleration had the updates included.

• Like 1

Also I saw somewhere for $18 THE ACCELERATION DISK   Do you think i need service packs 

this is box version he game me   If I just order from FSX Steam you think that would be okay

4 hours ago, wan2fly99 said:

Also I saw somewhere for $18 THE ACCELERATION DISK   Do you think i need service packs 

this is box version he game me   If I just order from FSX Steam you think that would be okay

If you can get the Acceleration Disc, go that route. It's a nice collector's item to have with FSX.

I never used FSX  I dont have any Service packs for it  Just need to see if my goflight stuff works.  I was hoping asobo would have taken that software over and modified  

• Like 1