Sign in to follow this  
Nuno Pinto

SU10 - What's going on?

1 minute ago, TravelRunner404 said:

The beta is like a 50%+ increase in performance, frame times, and smoothness.  If you are willing to use DLSS you can lock at 60 FPS all day. But I am guessing you won’t because it isn’t perfect and makes the avionics screens a little more blurry with ghosting on the speed tape numbers. Especially noticeable on desktop monitors, not bad at all on large 4k TVs. 

The reinstall issue is only if you have the MS store version and use the default MS store community folder location. 

Still a beta and it's not mandatory for a reason.

Maybe they should change next week to next  month😉

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

43 minutes ago, Jeeeno said:

Planned in August, we are almost in October .... says it all. 

The problem is they can’t win. No matter what they do, one group or individual will complain.

When they just dumped releases out based on dates, folks complained that they weren’t beta testing and the quality was poor.

So they started doing beta releases and testing and slipping release dates based on feedback and quality. And people still complain.

For years…no for decades…we had MSFS releases that never got updates. Maybe one “service pack” years into the release to address an extension pack or egregious set of bugs they had to fix. And we lived with it.

3rd party devs told us time and again “it will be done when it’s done” and we smiled and threw down our $79.99 for their magic months after initially expected.

It’s software. Things happen. 

• Like 15
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, neil0311 said:

The problem is they can’t win. No matter what they do, one group or individual will complain.

They could start with proper communication and not just keep radio silence for weeks. Sure, people would still complain, but at least we would KNOW why we still wait

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

better for them to take their time and do it right than have people flying with gigantic rainbow trees in DX12

• Like 6

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

9 minutes ago, AnkH said:

They could start with proper communication and not just keep radio silence for weeks. Sure, people would still complain, but at least we would KNOW why we still wait

They have made it pretty clear over at their forums what is going on and updated everyone on basically a weekly basis.

• Like 14
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Krakin said:

better for them to take their time and do it right than have people flying with gigantic rainbow trees in DX12

Ok, now I want to see these gigantic rainbow trees you mention 🤣

• Like 4

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

52 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

I don't understand what's the problem here. The sim is working flawlessly with SU9, so people can still fly while waiting for the new update. Better they do it proberly now instead of releasing a version full of bugs.

THIS ^^^^^^^ 

Thank you Asobo for implementing a testing process that does not break my running sim on almost every update. Take as long as you need.

• Like 12
  • Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, AnkH said:

And then if they said “it will be out next week” and it slips due to bugs or an issue like nVidia slipping drivers, folks will claim they “lied” etc. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, ark4diusz said:

Maybe silly question, I am on SU9, is there a way to participate in SU10 public beta? 

Yes, by joining the beta through the xbox app. (Full procedure on the official MSFS forums).

It may be a bit pointless now though unless you are really desperate to try the new features, as the full official SU10 update really is not far way, and there is a small risk of needing a full reinstall when going from the beta to full SU10 - Although mine has been fine on the last two beta's, but the first one I joined screwed up my install when trying to get the full update at the end of the beta.

Edit:  Thanks Vodka for supplying the link in your post (below).

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

9 minutes ago, ark4diusz said:

Maybe silly question, I am on SU9, is there a way to participate in SU10 public beta? 

yes here,

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/read-first-welcome-to-sim-update-10-beta/507612

• Like 1

I can tell you the BETA is working flawlessly for me on the last 2 releases.

The Multi Monitor is working great and FPS seems fine, for me a 20% increase from U9.

I think the NVIDIA new driver is holding up the X12 and that may be why there was a further delay.

I must say ASOBO/MS are the most responsive and development sharing SIM company I have eve dealt with and I have simmed since the 80's on Macs and PC's.

A little more patience and everyone will have great new features to play with. Yes it is a game and so is every other sim you use on a desktop machine w/o FAA approved hardware and software. But you can still practice and help stay current though you can't log time in your log books. That really does not matter even for real life pilots. 

The new Multi monitor option really makes this work for cockpit builders.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

2 hours ago, davenicoll said:

That's a good answer if your actually using it lol

Nothing keeping you from doing so