Sign in to follow this  
Nuno Pinto

SU10 - What's going on?

1 hour ago, neil0311 said:

The problem is they can’t win. No matter what they do, one group or individual will complain.

When they just dumped releases out based on dates, folks complained that they weren’t beta testing and the quality was poor.

So they started doing beta releases and testing and slipping release dates based on feedback and quality. And people still complain.

For years…no for decades…we had MSFS releases that never got updates. Maybe one “service pack” years into the release to address an extension pack or egregious set of bugs they had to fix. And we lived with it.

3rd party devs told us time and again “it will be done when it’s done” and we smiled and threw down our $79.99 for their magic months after initially expected.

It’s software. Things happen. 

I was going to say the same thing. You are 100% spot on.

18 minutes ago, 177B said:

I can tell you the BETA is working flawlessly for me on the last 2 releases.

Yes, it has. It looks great and it runs smooth as silk.

I'm curious as to what they fixed. I was having all kinds of CTDs with the .18 release, and I left town for a few days. Folks got blown up with the .20 release. Fortunately, that never got installed on my system. The 1st time I fired up the sim when I got back, I got the .21 release which was just a "version change". Haven't had a CTD in days, and there are no more GPU overheating messages. I've also been able to go from LOD 180 to 200 with no problems. It looks great at 200. 180 was a little blurry. I also increased a couple of other settings as well. Almost everything on ultra now. AIG at 100% causes stutters at big airports, but somewhere around 65-70% is fine. 

So when did they fix it? Was it a server side issue? I think they snuck in a fix without telling us. It was probably too embarrassing. A 'stupid human trick' or something.

I think the general population is going to love this version.

• Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

They said there would be an nvidia driver update at the same time as SU10, maybe they're waiting on nvidia.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, james42 said:

Is weather radar support due to be included in the SU10 update?

Sort of. Asobo will allow devs to display the default wxr bitmaps. Will it be good? Nope. 

7 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Sort of. Asobo will allow devs to display the default wxr bitmaps. Will it be good? Nope. 

I am curious about your answer. Does it mean it's just a basic weather depiction and that there isn't a way to implement a "proper" wx radar? Here's hoping it's better than what we had in P3D.

Enrique Vaamonde

4 minutes ago, evaamo said:

I am curious about your answer. Does it mean it's just a basic weather depiction and that there isn't a way to implement a "proper" wx radar? Here's hoping it's better than what we had in P3D.

They are releasing the Weather Radar API into the SDK.  That means developers will now be able to access an image for use in radar gauges.  

As to how quickly devs can implement this and the resolution I do not know.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

2 minutes ago, Mace said:

They are releasing the Weather Radar API into the SDK.  That means developers will now be able to access an image for use in radar gauges.  

As to how quickly devs can implement this and the resolution I do not know.

Fenix has already said they aren’t going to bother. Maybe other devs will, but at any rate we are unlikely to ever see an accurate radar in MSFS.

1 minute ago, Chapstick said:

Fenix has already said they aren’t going to bother. Maybe other devs will, but at any rate we are unlikely to ever see an accurate radar in MSFS.

So they won't implement the WX-radar?

9 minutes ago, 737_800 said:

So they won't implement the WX-radar?

They will if the sim got a proper API for such functions and I won't be surprised if PMDG will make the same call. From my understanding, SU10 is not bringing a proper API to make the weather radars we all desire - It's coming with some sot of bitmap generator that devs can use.

Edited by Zangoose

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

That's unfortunate. I had high hopes in this regard for SU10. I guess there's always SU11 in November 😓

Enrique Vaamonde

I’d rather see a weather bitmap than nothing at all.  My understanding is that it will have pan and tilt capability, so not really sure what else is needed from a “proper” API.  Windshear maybe?

• Like 2

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

I'm also curious about the WXR. Something so important in aviation and so let down by MSFS. Hopefully the API will be anything good so that everyone can use it seamlessly which, BTW, they did not with NAVDATA and that's something that puzzles me.

Humans.

• Like 1

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

14 minutes ago, Gilandred said:

I’d rather see a weather bitmap than nothing at all.  My understanding is that it will have pan and tilt capability, so not really sure what else is needed from a “proper” API.  Windshear maybe?

I'm also curious at why Fenix would not go ahead and implement it (I haven't seen such info from them, just basing my post on the comments above).

I also think a gradual implementation is better than nothing at all. Pan and tilt is definitely better than having to fly an airliner around nasty weather with zero situational awareness. I hope this is something that gets implemented.

It's bad already having no historic weather, no wx radar would definitely be terrible for realistic airliner ops. Let's wait and see.

Enrique Vaamonde