Sign in to follow this  
ega

New Nvidia 4000 series graphics cards

4 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

Ok Nvidia, now release the new drivers...

Also, I''l take a 4080 16GB please.

unknown.png

It's amazing to me that the XX80 SKU is well over $1,000. It wasn't that long ago that the flagship GPU was $499. At $1200, the 4080 16GB is 2x the price of the launch edition of the 3080 - so you'd certainly HOPE that you'd get 2x+ the performance. </grumpy_oldperson_rant>. 

Having said that, I will of course buy one because I have an irrational and financially unsound desire for more frames per second.  

• Like 1

We have waited an age for DLSSv v2.

How long are we expected to wait for DLSS v3, otherwise there will be a lot of disgruntled 4000 users who are unable to unlock features on their new, expensive cards…

I wonder how the Nvidia Remix technology will work on modern games and would it work on MSFS to give it ray tracing? Probably it could work FSX and even FS 2004. It seems crazy that AI can look at the textures and replace them with better graphics and ray tracing....

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/rtx-remix-announcement/

15 minutes ago, chickster25 said:

How long are we expected to wait for DLSS v3,

it must already have been implemented or how could Jensen have demoed it otherwise? if it is really as good as Jensen wants us to believe then I expect Asobo will implement it as soon as the 40th anniversary edition. It might be pretty straightforward from a developers standpoint if you have DLSS2 already implemented. After that keynote showcasing DLLS3 in MSFS I am convinced they gave Jensen a good price on MSFS, and perhaps even Reno air race and 1-2 free aircraft from the game store.

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

21 minutes ago, turbomax said:

it must already have been implemented or how could Jensen have demoed it otherwise? if it is really as good as Jensen wants us to believe then I expect Asobo will implement it as soon as the 40th anniversary edition. It might be pretty straightforward from a developers standpoint if you have DLSS2 already implemented. After that keynote showcasing DLLS3 in MSFS I am convinced they gave Jensen a good price on MSFS, and perhaps even Reno air race and 1-2 free aircraft from the game store.

The cynic in me still has doubts that v3 is ready for a mass market release. Either this was a special demo or it’s smoke and mirrors. 

Is the development of v3 close to v2 otherwise there will be two versions for Asobo to support and work on or otherwise one will be given less priority.

We aren’t even utilising the features of the current gen of video cards yet, let alone the new gen of cards.

Sorry to be negative but I still think v3 is a way off yet but will be happy if I’m proved wrong. 

Edited by chickster25

If I read this correctly, DLSS 3 will require RTX 4000 series:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/news/rtx-40-series-graphics-cards-announcements/

"Ada also powers new features that further enhance your experience: NVIDIA DLSS 3 multiplies frame rates using the new Optical Flow Accelerator; NVIDIA RTX Remix enables you to easily make incredible mods with ray tracing and DLSS for classic games, like Portal with RTX; Shader Execution Reordering revolutionizes ray-traced rendering; AV1 dual encoders speed up video exports by up to 2X, and significantly improve quality in livestreams and video calls."

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

"Game developers and app creators are already taking advantage of these and other Ada enhancements, bringing NVIDIA DLSS 3 to over 35 games and apps, including A Plague Tale: Requiem, Cyberpunk 2077, Microsoft Flight Simulator, and Warhammer 40,000: Darktide, "

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

1 hour ago, Fielder said:

If I read this correctly, DLSS 3 will require RTX 4000 series:

why else would Nvidia have developed it? just like DLSS 2.0 required at least an RTX 2000 class GPU or higher  - GPU marketing repeats itself.

If and how DLSS 3.0 will improve performance 2 x without sacrificing image quality (incl. the fine print in glass cockpits) remains to be seen.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reference/what-is-nvidia-dlss

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

Indeed. To be sure.

13 hours ago, Fielder said:

"Game developers and app creators are already taking advantage of these and other Ada enhancements, bringing NVIDIA DLSS 3 to over 35 games and apps, including A Plague Tale: Requiem, Cyberpunk 2077, Microsoft Flight Simulator, and Warhammer 40,000: Darktide, "

The developers and content creators GPU.

Nvidia Reveals RTX 6000 With 48GB GDDR6 ECC Memory | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com)

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Is anyone in the US taking pre-orders? I am unable to find any offers.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

On 9/20/2022 at 4:55 PM, ryanbatc said:

EDIT:  Oh it's already being reported of having a 450w TDP (for the 4090) - says requires 850w psu.  Then I'm good for the 4080 for sure.

No, you might not be. Now consider the requirement for a quality PSU and which CPU and what you are doing with your CPU. 

Don't forget that transients spikes are a reality and can trip PSU safeguards. I wouldn't touch a 3090 or 4090 with anything less than a 1000 watt PSU. For the 4090, if I were gullible enough to buy one, (sometimes I am) I'd go higher than 1000 watt personally. Especially if you're overlocking a top of the range CPU and/or ignoring Intel CPU power limits. 

2 to 2.5 times transient spikes can occur on 30 series and trip the PSU's safeguards.  40 series could be up to 3 times transient spikes.  According to Gamers Nexus it "may be" that transient spikes are up to 1000 watt's for 40 series.

So your Kilowatt power meter isn't necessarily giving you the full picture. 

Check out Gamers Nexus video on 30 series power spikes. 

Edited by martin-w
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Took this photo when I installed my 3090.   The cards and the ruler are aligned.    3090 Strix on the left,   EVGA 2080 Ti black on the right.

20210103-142138.png

Look at this shot I clipped from the Asus 4xxx stream.   A white Strix 3090 sitting atop the new Strix 4090.  it's 360mm.

Screenshot-32.png

Edited by Waldo Pepper
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, martin-w said:

Don't forget that transients spikes are a reality and can trip PSU safeguards. I wouldn't touch a 3090 or 4090 with anything less than a 1000 watt PSU.

absolutely. for anybody planning to buy a new PSU for the RTX 4090 class GPUs, I would only recommend the brand new PSU standard PCIe 5.0 with the new 12VHPWR connector. these power supplies can sustain up to 200 % of their rated power for up to 0.1 seconds (100 milliseconds) for the very reason to cope with these very short but enormous current (Ampere) load spikes caused by the GPU ( also a problem with RTX 3090 class GPUs), whereas the over-current protection of today's power supplies would have shut off immediately, resulting in a PC crash, hard reset and cold boot.

"So your Kilowatt power meter isn't necessarily giving you the full picture."

absolutely. they are way too slow and can only show an average power draw, not a 100 millisecond spike.

https://www.igorslab.de/en/atx-3-0-vs-pcie-5-0-error-misunderstanding-or-compromise-with-hindsight/

https://www.igorslab.de/en/atx-3-0-vs-pcie-5-0-error-misunderstanding-or-compromise-with-hindsight/2/

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

very nice.