Sign in to follow this  
matmatoo

No flights actually landing in MS2020/PSXT

Hi all,

Im using the RealTraffic and PSXT combo and its FANTASTIC, but one issue im having is that there arent any planes actually landing. They take off, taxi etc but dont actually land, dispite them showing on the radar of RealTraffic.

Please help, i dont know what im doing wrong?

Matt

And now ive tried to fly in LAS and take off traffic doesnt lift off and just flies strait down the run way and into the distance.

Pretty close to giving up on this entire sim right now...

6 hours ago, matmatoo said:

Please help, i dont know what im doing wrong?

You are not doing wrong, you have a problem in RealTraffic, see FAQ #10c, #10b, #10

Please read the FAQ'before posting.

Edited by kiek

Hiya, fixed this by deleting the file Realtraffic.ini.

Otherwise its an incredible application - well done!

Also, question, i assume this is also why when I flew from LAX-ORD there wasnt any traffic in the skies along the journey, even through RealTraffic said there should have been? It was like it wasn't showing any airborn traffic..

Also, do contrails appear with AIG aircraft? For example when youre at FL350, should I expect to see other AI aircraft flying by with contrails appearing?

And the final question, how come ATC doesn't talk to the traffic, its like they just do their own thing and aren't interacting with ATC?

Thanks heaps for your time.

Cheers

Matt

1 hour ago, matmatoo said:

Also, do contrails appear with AIG aircraft? For example when youre at FL350, should I expect to see other AI aircraft flying by with contrails appearing?

IYes you will, you will see the contrails of those aircrfat when you are on the ground too.

And the final question, how come ATC doesn't talk to the traffic, its like they just do their own thing and aren't interacting with ATC?

See FAQ #31

Hiya, thank you.

The more I am working with the program, the more I understand how it works. I am assuming that it loads traffic only for the departure and arrival airport, for example, if I took off from JFK, and then flew over Newark or La Guardia airport, these airports wont show any traffic as they werent my departure airport, correct?

Reason I ask this is that Ive tried this, and JFK is packed with traffic, but when I fly over other NYC airports, they're bare, with no traffic at all.

How can I make traffic generate all around me, rather than just at the airport I departed or arrived at?

Happy to make a donation, but I need to ensure the program really works as I need it to. I want the whole world to be alive, not just one or two airports...

Cheers

Matt

I am assuming that it loads traffic only for the departure and arrival airport, for example, if I took off from JFK, and then flew over Newark or La Guardia airport, these airports wont show any traffic as they werent my departure airport, correct?

Correct, this is 'by design".  To limit the "stress" on the Simulator. 

For instance, you may fly over a lot of airports, even close to each other, and PSXT has to know all the airport altitudes and it has to request via SimConnect how high the aicraft are above the ground to make them land and take-off properly.. It also has to park static aircraft and remove them a while later. All this may/will cause extra stutters in the Sim.  At the moment PSXT can load one airport file at a time only and populate it with aircraft, either the origin or the destination airport. 

How can I make traffic generate all around me, rather than just at the airport I departed or arrived at?

Well, all airborne traffic around you is spawned, also aircraft that are landing at or taking off from airports you fly over (if they are in the air).

I want the whole world to be alive, not just one or two airports...

That' s not possible.

I need to ensure the program really works as I need it to. 

You will not find a program that suit your needs, PSXT is the best you can get.

Edited by kiek

So, for my understanding, if I select KJFK as my departure airport, and KLAX as the arrival, then, when I use RealTraffic and PSXT, I should be seeing other airborne traffic along the way that might not nessercerily be travelling also to KJFK or KLAX airports? For example I might see airborn flights going to KORD, KEWR, KLAS etc as I pass them along my flight path?

Or does it generate only traffic in the air going to my departure or destination airports, regardless of other traffic in my airspace?

Is this correct?
Matt

10 hours ago, matmatoo said:

I should be seeing other airborne traffic along the way that might not nessercerily be travelling also to KJFK or KLAX airports? For example I might see airborn flights going to KORD, KEWR, KLAS etc as I pass them along my flight path?

Yes you will see all traffic within the lateral range you have set.

10 hours ago, matmatoo said:

Or does it generate only traffic in the air going to my departure or destination airports, regardless of other traffic in my airspace?

No, it does not, see above.