Sign in to follow this  
duckbilled

What is the best landclass addon for FSX????

I have the FSGenesis FSX US land class running over mesh. But I (obviously) want more.Was there a final consensus on UTX USA? Is it a blurry, long loading mess, or a must-have? Are one of the other programs mentioned here better?

I think UTX is a must have. It runs very well for me on my AMD 3200 and Nvidia 6600GT. The UTX landclass is only for urban areas. You will still need another lanclass product in addition to UTX. I use FSX.Tony

Guest Derek D

You don't really need to uninstall anything. The scenery priority is determined by the layer numbers of the entries which appear in scenery.cfg, so if you were to give the SceneryTech landclass a higher number than the FSG landclass it would take priority. However this also means the FSG landclass would still show through in areas where the SceneryTech landclass doesn't have coverage (if any).

"The UTX landclass is only for urban areas. You will still need another lanclass product in addition to UTX. I use FSX.Tony"Hey there,Doesn't UTX cover the whole of the area is says it covers? Why do I need a second land class?Hardware-wise, I'm doing pretty good, so I'm not too worried about FPS. Most of my flights are mountain flights anyway, not too much city and AI traffic most of the time.

UTX places rivers, streams, roads rails and so on through the whole coverage area. The landclass is for the most part for urban areas. You still need another landclass product for farm and wilderness country.Allen, the designer of UTX, even broke it into three separate scenery layers with instructions in the manual on how to get other landclass products to work in conjunction with UTX.Tony

I'm torn apart in making choice between XClass and ScenTech. XClass is twice less expensive than ScenTech, which is attractive, but does it also mean it is cheaper? How good XClass is for European zone? More comments on the both products please.Thanks.

Thinking: XClass for USA/Canada and SceneryTech for Europe, good plan?Thanks.

>I'm torn apart in making choice between XClass and ScenTech.>XClass is twice less expensive than ScenTech, which is>attractive, but does it also mean it is cheaper? How good>XClass is for European zone? More comments on the both>products please.This is a screen for a sample coverage in Europe for XClass. Projection is in lat/lon, that's why it would appear stretched differently from tmfview. Only cities are displayed, the rest of the landclass is all painted in green, in order to see cities more clearly.http://www.virtualisoftware.com/binaries/i...rope_cities.jpgAs you can see, there aren't significant differences between products, and yes, XClass have been using enhanced algorythms to handle cities coverage for a while (meaning, not simply compiling available database, but applying extensive processing to it, because existing databases are very lacking in city coverage). Umberto Colapicchioni - VIRTUALI s.a.s.

Thanks Umberto. The price is still different though. ;)

Derek,Right now I have cloud 9's Central/South America and FSG's US. The reason I bought cloud 9's scenery was to see an accurate depiction of Cancun. FSX default is horrible, FS9's Default was horrible, and Cloud 9 is not noticeably better. I believe your US product includes Mexico. How does Cancun look?

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad