Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

SU 10 is out!

First full flight - so far so good.   Performance was at least comparable to SU9 on my PC, visuals seemed a step up (clouds and ground scenery) and everything seemed to work.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Noel said:
  1. Delighted to be able to toggle the taxi ribbon on/off now w/ a keystroke, separate from combined landing and taxi previously.

It would be good if there was an option to popup a little box and enter the taxi instructions and gate/ramp (or runway). Would be useful for online / real ATC flights.

I thought this SU would be greeted enthusiastically by one and all. Back a couple months ago, the beta greatly improved image stability (stutters) and helped with fps somewhat. But today it doesn't seem to be so full of wonder for most other people finally getting on board. Perhaps it just corrected something wrong in my files when it installed.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Not too bad using 4k ,DLSS & DX12...decent but not outstanding frame-rates and my 3080 is running cooler.

Darryl

• Like 2

My first impressions are not good. I'm running a 3090 and i9 10900k at 5.2ghz on all cores. The skyscape  and atmosphere are definitely improved but I see all the hype about performance improvements is just that. Hype! I run FS2020 with all the setting pretty much maxed out at 4K using TAA. I've tried DLSS at Quality or performance etc. and everything looks and performs better with TAA than it does with DLSS at any setting. Also the performance is still far better with DX11 than it is with DX12 and there is no difference in visuals that I can see. Except with DLSS there are definitely still artifacts! I had the presence of mind to make a performance video with SU9 for the sole purpose of comparing it to SU10. If I have time I'll do the comparison but this all has the smell of BS of it to me.

Edited by FBW737

4 minutes ago, FBW737 said:

this all has the smell of BS of it to me.

Bit harsh, don't you think? SU10 has definitely made things a LOT better for people on more midrange HW. I'm rocking a 3090Ti and a 5600x, but even on my beefy machine I can see a definite improvement across the board in frames and stability. DLSS doesn't do much for me either (plus blurry display), but DX12 (with new studio driver) is smooth with no aliasing artifacts. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FBW737 said:

I've tried DLSS at Quality or performance etc. and everything looks and performs better with TAA than it does with DLSS at any setting. Also the performance is still far better with DX11 than it is with DX12 and there is no difference in visuals that I can see.

TAA has always been described as better looking than DLSS, so no surprise there..

As for DX11 vs 12... DX12 is still a beta.. so staying with DX11 is not a bad move, at least for now  😉

No BS,  just common sense..

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 3

Bert

For some reason after installing Sim Update 10 I can no longer zoom in or out of the VFR map...it's stuck at 5nm.  I loaded MSFS with an empty community folder so it's not any of the mods that are causing it and I'm still using DX11 with the 516.94 drivers.

I've always used the mouse scroll wheel before with the pointer inside the map box but it no longer works.

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

6 hours ago, Roy Warren said:

Same thing happened to me.  It's a Window, so click and hold the top bar and raise it up and you will see the buttons.  I changed mine back to full screen.

Roy

FYI to all -- if your top window bar is not visible -- SHIFT-RIGHT-CLICK on the MSFS taskbar button, then select "Maximize" and suddenly the MSFS window will snap back as it should with the top bar displayed as it should be in windowed mode.  Then you can ALT-ENTER to full screen, or back to a (proper) windowed mode if desired.

• Like 3

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

10 minutes ago, northtexas said:

For some reason after installing Sim Update 10 I can no longer zoom in or out of the VFR map...it's stuck at 5nm.  I loaded MSFS with an empty community folder so it's not any of the mods that are causing it and I'm still using DX11 with the 516.94 drivers.

I've always used the mouse scroll wheel before with the pointer inside the map box but it no longer works.

Make that me as well. I am having this exact problem with the VFR map. Otherwise, SU10 is working well for me. 

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

Fenix is flying great and I updated it already, no problems, performance seems better. I'm happy. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

13 minutes ago, Mace said:

FYI to all -- if your top window bar is not visible -- SHIFT-RIGHT-CLICK on the MSFS taskbar button, then select "Maximize" and suddenly the MSFS window will snap back as it should with the top bar displayed as it should be in windowed mode.  Then you can ALT-ENTER to full screen, or back to a (proper) windowed mode if desired.

I just tried this and yes it works!

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Generally working well, I noticed a slight performance improvement: 10% better FPS, PDMG B700/700 performs well. I tried DLSS but the image quality didnt satisfied me, so I returned to TAA as I get better crisp images with almost no performance diference.-

2 hours ago, FBW737 said:

My first impressions are not good. I'm running a 3090 and i9 10900k at 5.2ghz on all cores. The skyscape  and atmosphere are definitely improved but I see all the hype about performance improvements is just that. Hype! I run FS2020 with all the setting pretty much maxed out at 4K using TAA. I've tried DLSS at Quality or performance etc. and everything looks and performs better with TAA than it does with DLSS at any setting. Also the performance is still far better with DX11 than it is with DX12 and there is no difference in visuals that I can see. Except with DLSS there are definitely still artifacts! I had the presence of mind to make a performance video with SU9 for the sole purpose of comparing it to SU10. If I have time I'll do the comparison but this all has the smell of BS of it to me.

Or people are just, y'know... having different experiences than you with their hardware and settings configurations.

• Like 3