Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

SU 10 is out!

It seems strange to me that the performance varies so wildly.

I’ve heard people say they are getting less performance on DX12, many no difference, and some 10-12FPS improvements.  And I’ve been mostly paying attention to folks with reasonably high end 30 series hardware.

That tells me there’s some settings that may be having some effect that perhaps didn’t before.  I saw one person say that turning v-sync off made a huge difference.

There could be some nuances that need to worked out. I don’t think people should just assume all the same old settings in Windows, NV Control Panel, and the game are optimal still.

I’ve also heard different reports on HDR, one saying it’s working fine, another saying the work around is still required.

There’s some funny stuff going on. We may be back to square one on optimal settings. 

3 hours ago, FBW737 said:

My first impressions are not good. I'm running a 3090 and i9 10900k at 5.2ghz on all cores. The skyscape  and atmosphere are definitely improved but I see all the hype about performance improvements is just that. Hype! I run FS2020 with all the setting pretty much maxed out at 4K using TAA. I've tried DLSS at Quality or performance etc. and everything looks and performs better with TAA than it does with DLSS at any setting. Also the performance is still far better with DX11 than it is with DX12 and there is no difference in visuals that I can see. Except with DLSS there are definitely still artifacts! I had the presence of mind to make a performance video with SU9 for the sole purpose of comparing it to SU10. If I have time I'll do the comparison but this all has the smell of BS of it to me.

Are you using the latest Studio driver from NVidia? If you’re using DX 12, you will only see the benefits with the latest Studio driver from NVidia, which was released about 1 or 2 days ago. The Game Ready driver has not been released yet with the fix for MSFS,

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

For everyone who’s talking about not seeing the dlss performance increase my guess is you probably have an Nvidia graphics card like I do.  

I don’t have the exact link for you but it was posted on the main nvidia website discussing the update and said “Nvidia users won’t see any of the dlss performance until the new drivers come out from Nvidia in the next few weeks“.

This was a presentation Nvidia did discussing their roadmap for the future, and releasing a new graphics card. If you search for the video that they released either today or yesterday Depending on your location in the world, there’s a video by Nvidia discussing the new graphics card they just released and this update to Microsoft flight simulator.

again the guy who works for Nvidia clearly says that you won’t see any DLSS performance increase until you update your Nvidia drivers and currently the update that does this isn’t out yet. They did mention the update for MSFS was already out. That’s this update you’re discussing.  Again I just had this yesterday, I watched it live.

Edited by Thalinor
My poor spelling.

SU10 has been a beauty so far! The new Fenix update is also fantastic!

I'm getting much better performance compared to SU9 (TAA at 90%, switching to DLSS gave me even better FPS but Fenix was showing weird animations on the PFD altitude label).

I'm running a 9900k at 4.6, 2080tTi at 4k 

• Like 1

Enrique Vaamonde

19 minutes ago, evaamo said:

SU10 has been a beauty so far! The new Fenix update is also fantastic!

I'm getting much better performance compared to SU9 (TAA at 90%, switching to DLSS gave me even better FPS but Fenix was showing weird animations on the PFD altitude label).

I'm running a 9900k at 4.6, 2080tTi at 4k 

If the altitude label was blurry when you used DLSS, it’s a known issue with DLSS. Glass panels can be blurry when using DLSS. Asobo said they need to add a mask for glass panels when DLSS is enabled. I am guessing this will come in either SU 11 or SU 12.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

If the altitude label was blurry when you used DLSS, it’s a known issue with DLSS. Glass panels can be blurry when using DLSS. Asobo said they need to add a mask for glass panels when DLSS is enabled. I am guessing this will come in either SU 11 or SU 12.

Thanks! I didn't know that. Other than that it was GREAT. Looking forward to the weekend to get some more SU10 flying 😄 

• Like 1

Enrique Vaamonde

43 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Asobo said they need to add a mask for glass panels

I was under the impression they needed to work with nvidia to implement a solution. 

41 minutes ago, NZ255 said:

I was under the impression they needed to work with nvidia to implement a solution. 

Nope, nobody on the MSFS team ever said this. It’s just bad information passed around from people who made assumptions.

The fix from NVidia that Asobo needed help from NVidia from was for corrupted images in DX 12, and that fix has been released in the Sfudio driver from NVidia (but the Game Ready driver with this same fix has not been released yet).

Edit: Martial did acknowledge they are getting help from NVidia but the solution to blurry glass panels with DLSS is likely the adding of a mask to the glass panels, not an NVidia driver update.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Nope, nobody on the MSFS team ever said this

"the ideal option would be to remove, to have a mask, to remove this uh this area for of the the screen from the dlss. So it's a solution we're talking with the nvidia on, so it won't be ready for sim update 10 that's for sure. Hopefully we could bring that for sim update 11 but it's still a R&D so it's not like an option which just have to trigger"

Edited by NZ255
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, NZ255 said:

"the ideal option would be to remove, to have a mask, to remove this uh this area for of the the screen from the dlss. So it's a solution we're talking with the nvidia on, so it won't be ready for sim update 10 that's for sure. Hopefully we could bring that for sim update 11 but it's still a RND so it's not like an option which just have to trigger"

Thank you, a correction on my statement then.  When I hard that from Martial, it seemed Martial already knows what the fix is, which is to add a mask on the glass panel. I doubt that NVidia is going to issue a driver fix for the blurry glass panel in DLSS. Rather, it's up to Asobo to add the mask for glass panels in DLSS.

A lot of people think an NVidia driver is going to fix the blurry glass panel issue in DLSS.  I doubt NVidia will do that.  NVidia told Asobo (ie. they told Martial) to add a mask for the glass panel. That is the fix to the blurry glass panel, not an NVidia driver update.

Edited by abrams_tank

Does anyone else have two copies of G1000 NXI installed? I thought one of them was a workaround for the SU10 beta and would disappear once SU10 was launched. 

Screenshot 2022-09-22 074610

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

I did try DLSS, worked well for 10 minutes, then it bogged down heavily (low 20’s and high teens) and couldn’t recover, I think the VRAM went over using DX12, then I had a CTD with the Graphics card warning.

>>>Does anyone have this problem after the update?

You are probably using the  texture mod for CJ4 - don´t use it and everything will be fine. No idea why this CJ4 texture mod does that though... 

Edmundo Azevedo