Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

SU 10 is out!

41 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Thank you, a correction on my statement then.  When I hard that from Martial, it seemed Martial already knows what the fix is, which is to add a mask on the glass panel. I doubt that NVidia is going to issue a driver fix for the blurry glass panel in DLSS. Rather, it's up to Asobo to add the mask for glass panels in DLSS.

A lot of people think an NVidia driver is going to fix the blurry glass panel issue in DLSS.  I doubt NVidia will do that.  NVidia told Asobo (ie. they told Martial) to add a mask for the glass panel. That is the fix to the blurry glass panel, not an NVidia driver update.

To be fair, you may be correct. From Martial's response I'm assuming that the mask isn't something that can be done yet with DLSS (a quick google with some different terms doesn't yield any results), but Asobo have proposed that as a solution to NVidia.

Edited by NZ255
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, St Mawgan said:

Does anyone else have two copies of G1000 NXI installed? I thought one of them was a workaround for the SU10 beta and would disappear once SU10 was launched. 

Screenshot 2022-09-22 074610

IIRC I saw a post from @MattNischan of Working Title advising to use only the G1000 from the Marketplace as that is the curated one from WT. That would mean you can and probably should delete the "default" Garmin which came with MSFS out of the box (the upper one on your shot)

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

24 minutes ago, ega said:

>>>Does anyone have this problem after the update?

You are probably using the  texture mod for CJ4 - don´t use it and everything will be fine. No idea why this CJ4 texture mod does that though... 

I use the working tittle cj4.

17 minutes ago, DAD said:

IIRC I saw a post from @MattNischan of Working Title advising to use only the G1000 from the Marketplace as that is the curated one from WT. That would mean you can and probably should delete the "default" Garmin which came with MSFS out of the box (the upper one on your shot)

Actually I can't, I only have the option to uninstall 0.14.0

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

3 hours ago, Thalinor said:

For everyone who’s talking about not seeing the dlss performance increase my guess is you probably have an Nvidia graphics card like I do.

I don’t have the exact link for you but it was posted on the main nvidia website discussing the update and said “Nvidia users won’t see any of the dlss performance until the new drivers come out from Nvidia in the next few weeks“...

Thanks for your first post Thalinor, but this is not correct. 
I have a 3080Ti and I am seeing a significant increase in performance with DLSS (4k ultra settings) compared to the standard TAA.
The only problem is the flat screens are slightly blurry, which can be alleviated slightly by increasing the sharpening. 

I am certainly sticking with DLSS, and the slight blurriness on the screens really isn't that bad.  I don't even take notice of it now.

If people don't see any performance increase, it can be because they are main thread limited on the CPU, but there are plenty of people seeing the performance increase. 
My 12900k CPU had plenty of headroom, so DLSS is now making it really fly, if you excuse the pun.  :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

29 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Thanks for your first post Thalinor, but this is not correct. 
I have a 3080Ti and I am seeing a significant increase in performance with DLSS (4k ultra settings) compared to the standard TAA.
The only problem is the flat screens are slightly blurry, which can be alleviated slightly by increasing the sharpening. 

I am certainly sticking with DLSS, and the slight blurriness on the screens really isn't that bad.  I don't even take notice of it now.

If people don't see any performance increase, it can be because they are main thread limited on the CPU, but there are plenty of people seeing the performance increase. 
My 12900k CPU had plenty of headroom, so DLSS is now making it really fly, if you excuse the pun.  :biggrin:

hello,

I have a 3090 and 12900K with 34" (3440x1440) screen and I dont see any performance increase with DLSS actived!

bye

I have a 3090 and a 12900K with a 32" 3840 x 2160 monitor and am at Ultra and absolutely see a difference with DLSS set to Quality. Card runs cooler too. I would not go back to TAA now. 

• Like 4

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

1 minute ago, vodka69 said:

hello,

I have a 3090 and 12900K with 34" (3440x1440) screen and I dont see any performance increase with DLSS actived!

bye

Hello Vodka,

You are not alone, but without the exact detail about your settings, then it is hard to tell why, but I can tell you it is virtually impossible not to see some improvement unless there is a limiting factor somewhere, like vsync.  Most people see some improvement with DLSS, in MSFS and lots of other games.  You wouldn't want to try Cyperpunk 2077 without DLSS for example!  :biggrin:

It is rendering a lot less pixels, then upscaling, so it is like saying 2k resolution is the same performance as 4k for example, which can happen if not set up right or with a restricting factor somewhere. 

I can't check your settings for you, but if you don't see any increase and can't find a reason why, then obviously it would be best for you to stick with TAA.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

4 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

Never use VSYNC IMO.  Its an artificial performance limitation.

sp

But is also helps when played on a normal monitor against screen tearing !!

• Upvote 1

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

13 hours ago, Virtual-Chris said:

How does DX12 compare to DX11?

Initially in the beta, DX12 gave outstanding performance with solid multithreading. 

Then they removed the memory manager to avoid visual glitches, and DX12 performed significantly worse than DX11 (stutters especially when panning). 

I've now had a few flights with the final version of SU10 and the studio driver, and DX12 performs as good as DX11, if not a bit better. 

• Like 6

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

8 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Initially in the beta, DX12 gave outstanding performance with solid multithreading. 

Then they removed the memory manager to avoid visual glitches, and DX12 performed significantly worse than DX11 (stutters especially when panning). 

I've now had a few flights with the final version of SU10 and the studio driver, and DX12 performs as good as DX11, if not a bit better. 

I remember you said you weren't getting good performance with DX 12 yesterday with the Studio driver? 

But after some more testing for you, DX 12 is running just as good as DX 11, if not better, with the Studio driver?

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

2 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I remember you said you weren't getting good performance with DX 12 yesterday with the Studio driver? 

But after some more testing for you, DX 12 is running just as good as DX 11, if not better, with the Studio driver?

I think I needed to do more than one flight to make up my mind. After that it became clear to me that the performance of DX12 is as good as DX11. Before getting the studio driver, I tried DX12 with beta .18 I think, and it was significantly worse than DX11. So some improvement seems to have occured. 

Also it's worth noting that I'm running much higher than default settings tweaked with usercfg.opt - higher shadow size, terrain LOD of 600. I've noticed with DX12 and the studio driver that I'm not mostly main thread limited, like I was in DX11. So there's a change there too. 

But especially when panning around quickly in external view, there's no stutters. I couldn't to this without stutters in DX12 before the studio driver. 

So - it seems what Matt mentioned, is that with the correct nVidia driver in place, the sim will detect it and implement the memory manager. Whereas on the old driver, the memory manager was not active and hence no performance benefit. That's my take on it anyway. 

• Like 2

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

21 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I think I needed to do more than one flight to make up my mind. After that it became clear to me that the performance of DX12 is as good as DX11. Before getting the studio driver, I tried DX12 with beta .18 I think, and it was significantly worse than DX11. So some improvement seems to have occured. 

Also it's worth noting that I'm running much higher than default settings tweaked with usercfg.opt - higher shadow size, terrain LOD of 600. I've noticed with DX12 and the studio driver that I'm not mostly main thread limited, like I was in DX11. So there's a change there too. 

But especially when panning around quickly in external view, there's no stutters. I couldn't to this without stutters in DX12 before the studio driver. 

So - it seems what Matt mentioned, is that with the correct nVidia driver in place, the sim will detect it and implement the memory manager. Whereas on the old driver, the memory manager was not active and hence no performance benefit. That's my take on it anyway. 

Ahh, that's cool!  Seems like what many other people are experiencing with the Studio driver and DX 12.  FPS may not necessarily be better, but most people are reporting it's much smoother with DirectX 12 and the Studio drivers.

Thanks for your response!

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM