Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

SU 10 is out!

1 hour ago, Bunchy said:

graphics at max apart from clouds on High,

with a 3090? Just go Ultra.... 

After more flights with the PMDG B737 and the FBW A320, the DX12 and locked 30fps is the right solution for me, very smooth and much better colors and lights. Also, the over exposed lights are not a problem anymore. So the DX12 with TAA and last studio drivers work better on my rig (AMD 5800x + Asus TUF 3080). At the moment there isn't a real fps gain, but smoother and with better visuals than before with ultra settings @1080.

Edited by Claudius_

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

I'm trying SU 10 right now and I've lost about 15-20 fps with the same settings as before, I'm not happy.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

I noticed the loading times seemed faster.  Initial start-up, and from map screen to flight.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, Claudius_ said:

After more flights with the PMDG B737 and the FBW A320, the DX12 and locked 30fps is the right solution for me, very smooth and much better colors and lights. Also, the over exposed lights are not a problem anymore. So the DX12 with TAA and last studio drivers work better on my rig (AMD 5800x + Asus TUF 3080). At the moment there isn't a real fps gain, but smoother and with better visuals than before with ultra settings @1080.

What do you see is the advantage to locking your FPS?

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

14 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

So, now you’re unhappy because your gpu is doing as it was intended to do? Strange. Never understood this concept. 

Save it for someone else, champ.

i9 9900K at 4.9ghz, MSI RTX 3080, 32 G RAM, (3) 1TB SSD 

14 hours ago, Mace said:

You might want to consider underclocking your gpu, using something like MSI Afterburner.  I did and I now have much less heat (slower fans) with negligible performance loss.

Thanks.  I'll try to figure this out.  She's running hot for sure.

i9 9900K at 4.9ghz, MSI RTX 3080, 32 G RAM, (3) 1TB SSD 

12 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

locking the fps at 50%, it's the only way at the moment to get an absolute fps smoothness.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

3 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

locking the fps at 50%, it's the only way at the moment to get an absolute fps smoothness.

I'll give it try - thanks!

Rick Abshier

One thing to keep in mind with DX12. Even though it seems that optimizations are in place with the new studio driver, VRAM usage is higher in DX12. Exceeding VRAM usage could lead to a disappointing, stuttery (not sure that’s a real word) experience, as RAM is being used, with much lower latency. This could also explain why people with different systems have different experiences using DX12, even with the new driver.

People should be aware though that DX12 + the new memory optimizations will use a lot more VRAM. If you’re already near max capacity of VRAM using DX11, you might want to think otherwise about using DX12. Conversely, you can also reduce texture quality by one level to reduce VRAM consumption.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/post-your-dx12-with-studio-driver-results-here/543823/122

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

31 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

Stress release off the system trying to achieve more frames is my guess.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Stress release off the system trying to achieve more frames is my guess.

Right - I remember with sims in the past reading that it could be better to lock the sim rate so that the PC would not be working to achieve an "unlimited" rate while lowering image quality. I'm not sure if that is how it really worked in the past or if that is the case now.

Rick Abshier

15 hours ago, Poppingcork said:

My GPU sounds like it's about to explode!!  I was very happy before the update. 

You might try Vsync to 1/2 of a 60Hz rate, or 30FPS. You and I have the same box but my GPU is at 40% utilization right now (up to 58% or so at KSFO in the 738) with a temp of 68C.  

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

Hmmm let see....

My loading times were cut in half, i'm at the main menu screen in under a minute.

VR performance headroom was increased to where I can now push 100 TAA with more ultra settings.

This is the most beautiful impressive VR optimized sim I've ever experienced thanks to SU10.

I'm absolutely amazed my old 1080ti/8700k setup can run this butter smooth in VR and there is no need for me to use ASW nor reprojection mode.

I even threw on Nvidia Shadowplay background recording to see if it would slow me down or introduce stutter.

Nope I can fly and record in VR without any performance issues.

Hello??? When have we ever been able to run ultra clouds and other eye candy in Flyinside FSX/P3D VR??

This is absolutely amazing!!!😁

NAW6rbX.png

sWsqwcN.png

d3Yuvsr.png

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 3

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2