Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Fenix update coming! Timed with this SU 10 release?

AimHkdr.png

Source: https://discord.com/channels/736572376967282769/736710909887643679/1022163059504058369

Aamir has posted another long writeup of the update: https://discord.com/channels/736572376967282769/736710909887643679/1022178292901630003

Or you can just jump down to @DAD's post to see Aamir's writeup: 

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 14

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

wow, so THIS is now XMAS after MS' sloppy beta/final build approach just leaving me in the beta without anything new to download

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Great news, thank you.

• Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Great news. I am working today, can't wait to get home and get everything updated. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Woah, time to return my Bravo to its Airbus configuration. It's been a lot of fun flying the Kodiak while waiting for the Fenix update.

Should be a whole slew of SU10 related updates now. GTN750 is one of them - 

https://pms50.com/msfs/

• Like 3

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Hope they add the feature I requested. Crossing fingers...

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

3 minutes ago, MikeyOnTheFlightDeck said:

Just need the Nvidia driver now and its all systems go

Studio driver is available now. Works the same. No diff in performance

-B

• Like 1

Does the current Fenix version still work with SU10? I ask because I've been apparently recompiling the WASM for 30 minutes now, after upgrading to SU10.

3 minutes ago, Redge said:

Does the current Fenix version still work with SU10? I ask because I've been apparently recompiling the WASM for 30 minutes now, after upgrading to SU10.

Yes

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

OK. And the extra long recompile time I'm experiencing — 30+ minutes. Is that expected? Or should I quit and restart?

From their Discord:

Hello @everyone! A preview of the update landing soon, so you have something to read while you wait.

This update is a fairly large and expansive one, and I recognise that not many would be interested in reading 35 paragraphs of dense material to try and figure out what has changed, so I will truncate and share some highlights of what is to come in my own, simpler words - the full (but still shortened) changelog will be available in your Fenix app when the update releases.

Rotation and post rotation has been reworked to allow for a smoother, more consistent behaviour. This involved changing the way the physical elevator on the aircraft worked, along with system-side tweaks to improve what the software was doing with the elevator. We've modelled this after some great data from our tech team, and cross-checked it thereafter with a couple of the type-rated members in the team - the aircraft will drop it’s nose during the blending phase, but no longer anywhere near as aggressively as it did before. This behaviour was then validated in the level-D simulator. 

SRS and post rotation attitude should be much improved - some thrust was removed from the engines and the aircraft should now climb in the immediate post-takeoff phase much more appropriately for an A320. We've validated that the A320 can and will exceed 15 degrees of pitch as commanded by SRS - but not by much, this should be reflected in the update.

Flap lift and drag has been remodelled in its entirety. Drag and lift should now be more accurate - for those that remember, Flap 2 was unreasonably draggy - this has been fixed, along with changes to all other flap settings to bring them closer to reality.

The rudder has been reworked also, the sensitivity of the rudder has changed, you will need to amend your control curves after a little bit of testing to find the sweet spot for your hardware - but the new rudder should make crosswind landings a little more satisfying. 

Roll stability around yaw has been reworked in conjunction with the above rudder changes to further enhance the crosswind landing experience, the aircraft should be much less of a handful when applying rudder.

A final note about landings, we’ve readjusted the ground effect to better match the way the aircraft feels in flare and landing. All the changes for the flap lift, drag, ground effect, were brought together to readjust the way the aircraft feels during the landing phase. I understand that these may seem like huge changes, and they were, but the overall picture has been very gently moved - the aircraft should feel familiar, just better. This was a challenge to balance amongst the sweeping changes with the FM and software, but I think we’re moving in a good direction now.

NWS and nose wheel steering, we have removed this option from the EFB entirely as it was no longer required with MSFS’s nose wheel steering axis - and it only served to confuse a great many people. We rebuilt this in a much simpler way that should help alleviate any confusion.

`If you use the nosewheel steering axis in MSFS, and a separate rudder axis, you do not need to do anything.

If you use a rudder axis with no nosewheel steering axis, and you want to only manipulate the tiller, you can click on the PED DISC button on top of the tiller. This will then command the nose wheel via your rudder axis. When above 20 knots, and thrust levers are above the CL detent, the PED DISC button will pop back up and you will be reverted to using the rudder. This will also happen if you simply pass 45 knots under any circumstances.

If you do not care about your rudder flapping about and you’d like to just get on with it and fly, you do not need to do anything either. `

This should also fix the issue of no longer having rudder authority during a crosswind landing.

The spoilers were rewritten with direct input from one of our pilots to best reflect the efficiency and abilities of the A320’s spoilers.

(cont.)

• Like 11

Phil Leaven

VNAV was re-math’d, this was a painful process taking weeks of work from our team. Most probably qualify for a phD in Math at this point. This was done in order to ensure we captured not just the functionality of the aircraft’s systems, but also their character - as the A320 tends to descend toward the upper end of the speed band, as opposed to constantly getting slow on speed and hugging the bottom bracket. It’s important to stress that VNAV in general (and in the real aircraft) is _far_ from perfect - and speeds will absolutely vary, sometimes sitting at the bottom bracket, sometimes sitting at the top of the bracket, sometimes in between. This new VNAV achieves this. We are not, however, calling it a day on VNAV, and will continue to iterate and build upon what we have delivered to you today. Bugs with respecting constraints were also found and addressed, leading to a far more robust system.

We have adjusted the way the aircraft now reacts to A/P commands in an attempt to smooth out the initial inputs when climbing/descending, which should make the entire aircraft feel smoother. It should no longer jerk or rapidly dive/climb. Outliers may exist and we continue to refine this.

We have adjusted the aircraft’s energy management in acceleration phases based on feedback and collated data - the aircraft was simply not climbing enough during acceleration, instead stopping climbs almost entirely in order to accelerate. This wasn’t correct, and we have refined this to be far more representative.  

We have fixed panel option saving (hallelujah - and sorry!), and fixed a number of QOL complaints with panel states, including adjusting the lighting to be turned OFF, the clock being no longer set to run, and other little knicks and knacks including dimmed screens when starting in Cold and Dark. Bits like the screen backlighting being ON despite the screens themselves being OFF has also been resolved.

In the theme of panel states, we have found and fixed issues with latched buttons not setting themselves to unlatched when changing panel state. This seems a small change, but it was quite a bit of work on the backend to do. 

Those wishing for an A/THR instinctive disconnect binding rejoice, this has been added, it can be found as AUTOTHROTTLE DISCONNECT in MSFS settings.

Some less important, but still interesting changes include stuff like corrected/amended SEC laws regarding deployment of aileron as a spoiler during landing, and matching the spoiler order for roll to the real aircraft’s engineering data. 

This one may be a little silly, but it irked me going on reddit and seeing these awesome videos of people landing, from the wing view, and the spoilers deploying in absolute perfect synchronisation. That isn’t really how it works - so we built friction/wear simulation to spoiler deployment, they’re now minutely different to account for mechanical wear/friction from spoiler panel to spoiler panel.

• Like 7

Phil Leaven