Sign in to follow this  
flyingpauls

SU10 and Graphics rash

8 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I got this CTD at the end of a series of flights yesterday. The sim stopped responding and an error message appeared. I was using DX12 and very high settings (perhaps too high). I never had the CTD while in the beta - but many reported it. 

I don't think it's your settings.  I genuinely think it is a bug that has only started recently (for quite a few people) in SU10 / SU10 beta. 
Not sure if it is in MSFS or the drivers, but I had this once at random only a few seconds into a flight, and I am limiting at vsync 30 fps.  The 3080Ti wasn't even getting warm!

I am now on the new studio drivers and have not had any issues in SU10 after 3+ hours of flying.  Not saying it has been fixed - might just be lucky!  :unsure:

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I don't think it's your settings.  I genuinely think it is a bug that has only started recently (SU10 beta).

Hmm yeah. As I've never had it before, I haven't read anything about it, and have no idea if anyone has found any specific triggers. I didn't even read the error message properly, just vaguely saw that it was something about GPU temps and thought "oh so now I got that one". 

Before the CTD everything had been working flawlessly and I'd been flying without issues, one flight after the other. 

I'm also on the studio driver. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

If anyone here has "updated" to Windows 11 2H22, and is having graphics issues, you might want to "roll back" to the previous version.  I have been having problems since the installation of that "update" and have filed a bug report as all the problems were gone once I rolled back the update.  Others have signed onto my bug report with the same problem and the solution worked for them.  Windows 11 has a new roll back procedure, so you might have to Google it and it has a limited period for the rollback.

John Wingold

10 minutes ago, Old_As_Dirt said:

If anyone here has "updated" to Windows 11 2H22, and is having graphics issues, you might want to "roll back" to the previous version.  I have been having problems since the installation of that "update" and have filed a bug report as all the problems were gone once I rolled back the update.  Others have signed onto my bug report with the same problem and the solution worked for them.  Windows 11 has a new roll back procedure, so you might have to Google it and it has a limited period for the rollback.

OK John.  My W11 22H2 hasn't triggered yet though, but if it does and things deteriorate, I will have a look at this. 
In the first instance, I will try to postpone the update for as long as possible.

Any specifics on the graphics problems you were having?

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

14 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I see you can't select 30 fps or 60 fps, now they give you percentages of monitor refresh rate....33%  50%   100%   . What are you supposed to use? 

You never actually could, they were misnamed. They have simply corrected the names.

A standard monitor is 60 Hz so 33, 50 and 100% equate to 20, 30 and 60 fps on such a monitor.

There's no "suppose" it's entirely up to you. If you are lucky to have a 144 Hz monitor you then obviously you get 48, 72 and 144 fps respectively. You might have 165 or 75 Hz too but I am tired of maths now.

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 3

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Hmm yeah. As I've never had it before, I haven't read anything about it, and have no idea if anyone has found any specific triggers. I didn't even read the error message properly, just vaguely saw that it was something about GPU temps and thought "oh so now I got that one". 

Before the CTD everything had been working flawlessly and I'd been flying without issues, one flight after the other. 

I'm also on the studio driver. 

I get this error EVERY time on  DX12 whenever I popout ANY window...

Just wanted to update this thread with my solution - I rolled back the latest Windows 11 update (22H2) and all my panning stuttering, weird error messages and CTDs are gone. Loving SU10 now.

Just finished a 6.5hr flight in the 737-600. Worked flawlessly. Granted it is my first flight post patch and I haven't installed the latest drivers yet (and still using DX11). 

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

3 minutes ago, Swe_Richard said:

Just finished a 6.5hr flight in the 737-600. Worked flawlessly. Granted it is my first flight post patch and I haven't installed the latest drivers yet (and still using DX11). 

Are you running Windows 10, or perhaps Windows 11 without the latest 22H2 OS update?

49 minutes ago, poplar said:

Are you running Windows 10, or perhaps Windows 11 without the latest 22H2 OS update?

W11 but without 22H2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I get this error EVERY time on  DX12 whenever I popout ANY window...

Word not allowed. I think these type of CTDs started to appear at the end of the beta. In .18 I think. Although I’ve never had them before until yesterday.

I’m on 22H2 though. Not sure if I should try to roll back. If these are relatively frequent I have to come up with some sort of solution, otherwise the sim is… well not very usable.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

53 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Word not allowed. I think these type of CTDs started to appear at the end of the beta. In .18 I think. Although I’ve never had them before until yesterday.

I’m on 22H2 though. Not sure if I should try to roll back. If these are relatively frequent I have to come up with some sort of solution, otherwise the sim is… well not very usable.

Based on my experience, I'd recommend you roll back from 22H2. This solved so much for me. SU10 running great now.

5 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

OK John.  My W11 22H2 hasn't triggered yet though, but if it does and things deteriorate, I will have a look at this. 
In the first instance, I will try to postpone the update for as long as possible.

Any specifics on the graphics problems you were having?

Basically, it appeared that my graphics card was failing.  Blurred when changing views and many long lasting stutters.  If you get it, you will know what is going on.  I have submitted a bug report and received several confirmations of others seeing the same thing.  No response from Microsoft.

• Like 1

John Wingold