Sign in to follow this  
flyingpauls

SU10 and Graphics rash

14 minutes ago, peter_737 said:

Help Please, I just rolled back the latest version of WIN11 22H2 and now i can't see my MSFS exe file. Any advice.

Mine just started up as usual - but without the problems.  I am on Steam.  If on the Store version, you might try going through the X-Box app to start.

John Wingold

Looks like the rollback has deleted the contents of FlightSimulator.exe file, so a complete reinstall is looking likely, please wish me luck.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, peter_737 said:

Looks like the rollback has deleted the contents of FlightSimulator.exe file, so a complete reinstall is looking likely, please wish me luck.

This happened to me when I rolled back - try this first, it worked for me, didnt have to reinstall

43 minutes ago, peter_737 said:

Help Please, I just rolled back the latest version of WIN11 22H2 and now i can't see my MSFS exe file. Any advice.

Same happened to me when I rolled back, this helped me fix it...

Or, if this applies to your install, open the Xbox app, choose MSFS2020 on the left, on the right, click the three dots and choose 'Manage', this will help to restore the application. Well it did for me anyway, after I rolled back Windows 11

After thinking about it, my desktop shortcut didn't work after the rollback.  I opened the Steam app, went to the MSFS 2020 program, opened from there.  Since that, the desktop shortcut is working.

• Like 1

John Wingold

7 minutes ago, Old_As_Dirt said:

After thinking about it, my desktop shortcut didn't work after the rollback.  I opened the Steam app, went to the MSFS 2020 program, opened from there.  Since that, the desktop shortcut is working.

Nice!

Ah, the title of this thread... I'm actually about to develop a rash due to the confusion of which graphics driver to use and the graphics related CTD that ended my last flight. So I guess one could call it a "graphics rash". Lol. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Just found this on another site:

NVIDIA investigating, roll back the update to fix the issue

Anecdotally, after rolling back the update, the gaming performance issues will disappear, according to reports from multiple affected users.

"Got the 22H2 update for win 11 this morning and my games immediately started to lag.. Using MSI afterburner, I found that in games (BFV and NFS Heat) my cpu usage had dropped from around 50-60% to only 5 % it was the same in all of my games," a user report explains in a long thread with others confirming the issue also impacts their systems.

"They all ran perfectly yesterday. Rolled back the update and the games are running perfectly again using 50-60% CPU."

While Microsoft is yet to jump in and investigate these user reports, NVIDIA Software QA Manuel Guzman confirmed that the company is aware of this issue and is prompting affected Reddit users to provide additional feedback.

For the time being, Windows customers with NVIDIA GPUs might want to hold back from updating their devices until NVIDIA or Microsoft shares further information regarding what causes this gaming performance issue.

John Wingold

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Ah, the title of this thread... I'm actually about to develop a rash due to the confusion of which graphics driver to use and the graphics related CTD that ended my last flight. So I guess one could call it a "graphics rash". Lol. 

I am not installing that update, or a new driver. My sim runs great now, and I am going to keep it that way.  😉

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On 9/21/2022 at 8:43 PM, abrams_tank said:

The driver that fixes the corrupt images in DX 12 is the newest NVidia Studio Driver.  The Game Ready driver from NVidia with the same fix for DX 12 has not been released yet.

You should probably use DX 11 (I am guessing you are on the Game Ready Driver).

Same here on DX11 ...

• Like 1

I am sure now it is a random failure caused by a bug in some data handling. It happened at one time and then not the next time here. All proposed solutions here might be only placebo. 

• Like 2

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

2 hours ago, flyingpauls said:

I am sure now it is a random failure caused by a bug in some data handling. It happened at one time and then not the next time here. All proposed solutions here might be only placebo. 

I guess so. I didn't have this "rash" while in the beta, so the only change was updating to the recent studio driver. 

I've had 22H2 for a while as being part of Windows Insider Beta Channel, and I haven't had any CTDs for the last few weeks while in the SU10 beta.  

Anyway, I haven't bothered to start up the sim today. Got a bit disappointed/disillusioned by the CTD after several flawless flights yesterday. With the memory of my recent battle with memory "could not be read" CTDs fresh in mind. Just hurts too much to have a CTD cancel the flight. And I really can't be bothered to start another troubleshoot/hunt for a potential cause. 

Although I finished a Northern Hemisphere GA world tour with the ongoing CTD plague recently, I don't think I have the patience to start another world tour of the Southern Hemisphere (which I was planning). Need a stable sim for that. 

EDIT: Rather than flying and encountering the CTD, I decided to start going through the 434 replies in this thread. This type of CTD was reported 15 days ago in the beta. 

EDIT2: Apparently the thread has the status "feedback-logged" and is marked as solved in post #11 by a CM: 

Hello everyone,

In talking with Asobo, they have informed us that this message is triggered when memory consumption is too high for your particular system. Before, you would just get a CTD or freeze with no error message. Suggested solutions if you are regularly getting this message are one or more of the following:

Reduce graphical quality settings (e.g. from High to Medium)

Reduce LOD sliders

Remove addons that could be causing this error

We agree that the message is a bit vague and unclear. We have submitted feedback to the devs to change the text of this error message so it better describes the cause.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/warning-your-graphics-device-has-encountered-a-problem/541301

Admittedly, I've been using ridiculously high settings to stress test the final SU10 release with the studio driver - TLOD of 600 etc. BUT - one would think that with a proper VRAM manager in place, over-usage of VRAM should be prevented.  This might mean that MSFS has tried to use more than the 24GB available on my 3090 🤣

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text, I guess I needed to vent some frustration. I reduced the TLOD to a more reasonable 400 and will do a flight to test. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

8 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

I guess so. I didn't have this "rash" while in the beta, so the only change was updating to the recent studio driver. 

I've had 22H2 for a while as being part of Windows Insider Beta Channel, and I haven't had any CTDs for the last few weeks while in the SU10 beta.  

Anyway, I haven't bothered to start up the sim today. Got a bit disappointed/disillusioned by the CTD after several flawless flights yesterday. With the memory of my recent battle with memory "could not be read" CTDs fresh in mind. Just hurts too much to have a CTD cancel the flight. And I really can't be bothered to start another troubleshoot/hunt for a potential cause. 

Although I finished a Northern Hemisphere GA world tour with the ongoing CTD plague recently, I don't think I have the patience to start another world tour of the Southern Hemisphere (which I was planning). Need a stable sim for that. 

EDIT: Rather than flying and encountering the CTD, I decided to start going through the 434 replies in this thread. This type of CTD was reported 15 days ago in the beta. 

EDIT2: Apparently the thread has the status "feedback-logged" and is marked as solved in post #11 by a CM: 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/warning-your-graphics-device-has-encountered-a-problem/541301

Admittedly, I've been using ridiculously high settings to stress test the final SU10 release with the studio driver - TLOD of 600 etc. BUT - one would think that with a proper VRAM manager in place, over-usage of VRAM should be prevented.  This might mean that MSFS has tried to use more than the 24GB available on my 3090 🤣

Anyway, sorry for the wall of text, I guess I needed to vent some frustration. I reduced the TLOD to a more reasonable 400 and will do a flight to test. 

I’m only running 200TLOD with barely any addons and I get the error whenever I try and pop out any secondary window. That’s with a 3090 at 4K using DLSS.

• Like 1