Sign in to follow this  
rhodges

ProFlight2000 & Voice Recognition????

One thing I forgot was that a voice recognition program was required for ProFlight 98 and ProFlight 2000 which I greatly enjoyed. Been many years, and a few growth pains are being suffered.Have installed PFE for FS9 and FSX. This old memory is going through a bit of relearning cycle, but looks like she works well by itself with the key commands.I dug out my old "Gamecommander2" backup CD from 2003 and installed it again. Installation went fine a little to my surprise.I tried first to simply select FS2000 within my profile. I cannot get the "listen" option to activate in my Game Commander 2 Game Center. My understanding is that this is what essentially turns this utility on. As a result, the window always shows "Commands: off" and I cannot turn it on. When I press the "listen" option, I get a "gctb" error window which states: "Unable to start the engine. Service method not available in the current state. error code: - 10004."I have added "fsx.exe to GC Studio, and also copied all of the commands from FS2000 into the Command Set. When I select FSX in my profile, the same thing happens. I cannot get the "listen" button to activate, get the above error message, and the window reads "Commands: off" no matter what I try.I see there are newer versions of Game Commander out (@ of about $75.00). I hope such is not necessary. Has anyone been able to implement GameCommander 2 with PFE and FSX or does anyone have any idea what I have forgotten and am doing wrong?Thanks:RTH

Does anyone have ANY Voice Recognition program working with PFE yet?I sure will be disappointed if this turns out to be only a keyboard ATC capable utility, although probably the best IMHO. I appreciate it folks, but am dying to get back on the mic. and virtual reality.I also tried implementing the PFE.exe and copying the FS2000 command set, but that did not work either.Thanks:RTH

Hello,I asked this on their forum. I do not use Game Commander. My understanding is that voice recog programs (I use VOICE BUDDY) send the keystroke based on the voice input. I tried my VB and it worked fine - but I only used the basic FS2004 profile so I had to use the "SELECT 0" command to send an INITIAL CHECKIN" response to the program. It worked fine.I guess I would have to program a profile for this addon so that it would send the "0" when I voiced "CHECKING IN". Maybe I'll try this on the weekend and report back.Cheers,Ron SagelNEAR KCHS

Thanks loads Ron.I'm glad to hear that something recognizes your voice. If someone else doesn't come up with a word on implementation of GameCommander, I will sure have to give Voice Buddy a shot.Thanks again.RTHEdit:See Gerald's reply to the "How is ProFlight 2000?" post below. GameCommander 2 is working for him.

HelloTry Flight Assistant Its working great for me in Radar Contact, I am just in the process of setting up a profile for PFE but it seems to be working fine with the few commands i have set up so far.Filename: flightassistant_129206.zipLicense: FreewareAdded: 22nd November 2003Downloads: 2962Author: Timm LinderSize: 1213kb

Let me get this straight... You would say "Select 0" via the mic?Thats not an ATC command.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

No, Manny, you're reading it wrong: he says "CHECKING IN" into the mike, and in response the program sends the "0" command to PFE as though it was typed in.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Shouldn't be no problem at all with any voice recognition. Take Shoot as an example (or any other you are familiar with) and write down the commands from that list of ProFlight2000 then assign the keystrokes properly. Matter of 20 mins messing. If some of your voice inputs don't get recognized check your settings, or go to Windows Control Panel /Voice Recognition and spend some time reading training texts for windows to memorize your voice. I've got 99% of recognition under Shoot in many flight sims. No problem at all. I would defintely recommend free Shoot over Game Commander2.Hope this helps.Dirk.

Some Progress, but no banana yet.My initial problem was that I did not have my mic linked to an activation key. Every time I said anything, the feedback beep immediately was heard and I got a "Not Recognized" error. The beep was what was not being recognized, not my command. After enabling and useing a key, GameCommander2 seems to work correctly. All applicable commands are recognized in the GameCommander2 window.However, I am still receiving no response from my flight simulator (presently trying FS9) to my communications. They read with no errors in GC2, but apparently FS9 is not receiveing them yet. Operation with key commands works flawlessly, but my voice recognition is not being recognized.I have tried the default FS2000 command set included with GC2. I have also Made FS9, FSX, and PF_Emulator Command Files and copied the FS2000 Command Set to them. Trying each, so far this has not been a solution for me either.I have tried "Shoot" and "Flight Assistant" with the same results so far.One more short between the ears that needs to be fixed!I am leaving to be out of town until late tomorrow, and am anxiously looking forward to Garard's tutorial when I return. Respectfully:RTH

>>I have tried "Shoot" and "Flight Assistant" with the same>results so far.>>One more short between the ears that needs to be fixed!>>I am leaving to be out of town until late tomorrow, and am>anxiously looking forward to Garard's tutorial when I return.>>>Respectfully:>RTHWhat is "GARARD'S TUTORIAL"? Anyone?Thanks.The easiest way to check and see what FS receives from your voice inputs is just to open a word or a txt doc and speak out some of your commands. You'll see immediately what your problems in the assignments are. Also I highly recommend to assing a button for PUSH TO TALK. So that the system listens what you're saying only when you want it to. I think that's where your current problem is.Make sure to train MS voice recognition as well.

Hello Dirk:In the text window, I am seeing my words exactly as per the command set, and also getting the recognition beep. However, so far I am never getting a reply from PFE/FS9/FSX. I feel that it is related to my assignment for the command set, but don't really know yet. I hope the tutorial will set me straight.You are tight on relative to the "PUSH TO TALK" bit. That was one of my key problems in the beginning which was preventing recognition.Dave March has added a link to his latest reply above in this thread regarding the tutorial. I will gladly take a peek immediately after this reply. My assumption is that it is on the PFE forum. I sure hope he labels the error of my ways relative to voice recognition.Thanks for the reply:RTHSorry: It was in another post. Link follows, and I am going there myself now. Promised by Garard. I don't know if he did it yet, Dave did, or both.http://www.oncourse-software.co.uk/downloa...ht_Tutorial.pdf

Hello Dirk:I am afraid the tutorial in question is not the one I was expecting. I have briefly reviewed it, but not adequately yet. I don't believe it addresses Game Commander2 and speech recognition as this selection is unchecked in the ProFlight2000 setup examples, but I could be mistaken. By itself with no secondary speech recognition, PFE is working flawlessly for me so I assumed that I have it installed properly. If I find anything relative after a more careful review, I will so note.If you will look in the AVSIM post: "How is Proflight 2000?" or do a search for the author: "GSalden" you will find Gerard's replies. He was a Beta Tester for PFE and states in one of his several replies in that post that he has Game Commander 2 working just like it did with the original ProFlight 2000. Dave also makes reference to him in one reply to me on the PFE forum. Gerard is GSalden. Hopefully he will have the answer for my error soon in the implementation of Game Commander 2. I prefer this as the Command Legend for ProFlight 2000 includes all of the voice commands, and Game Commander 2 already has a pre-figured command set.Happy flying:RTH