Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Please Phil Taylor help us with the "wierd aircraft" pr...

For what it might be worth to anybody, I had this problem and found it to be a combination of me and my hardware (specs. attached).My motherboard has a card option for either single graphic board implementation or dual. I switched to dual and tried unsucessfully to use dual NVIDIA 8 series cards. When I went back to a single graphics card, I forgot to move the selection jumper card back to the single position.I got black aircraft textures, white aircraft textures, partial multi-tone aircraft textures, and complete aircraft textures off and on at different times. What threw me was that it worked fine sometimes, and didn't at others. I have posts regarding this issue with screenshots. The selection card position never crossed my mind as it worked fine some of the time.Put the jumper card back in the correct position and have not seen this since. If you have a motherboard with this type of option, be sure it is setup correctly relative to graphic configuration.Happy flying:RTHASUS P5N-E-SLI MotherboardIntel E6600 Core2 Duo CPUZalman CNPS7700-CU RT CPU Fam4 GB KST DII800 MemoryWinXP ProNVIDIA VCG8800GTX 768MB Primary Video Graphics Card21

Guest babua

I am sure you would have taken care of this, but just in cae, check the AGP aperature size. I had this problem when that was set to 64MB, set it to 256 and everything was fine. AGP aperature sizeyou'll get in your bios.

I saw this EXACT same graphic once, about a week ago on a heavily loaded region trying to depart Chicago O'Hare. In fact it looks like the same (LDS-767 - Delta) aircraft I was using, when it occured to me.That was on FSXsp1, WinXP, 2GB Ram, LDS-767(FMC 1.4.0.2), Ultimate Terrain-X, FSG-LC, FSG Mesh, ProjectAI, and a WideClient with ASX, RCv4, & FSrealtime. I'm prettys sure it was either may lack of using FS Autostart to defrag the memory or the current Nvidia driver 158.22 and my display configurations.One thing I do remember, was I had already had a FSX OOM CTD immediatly prior to that flight, and attempted to simply restart FSX with doing anything else. FSX stayed up, but was very sluggish. One thing that was really evident, I was trying to continue a flight with massive, massive, blurries (like the OP pic), hoping the textures would catch up once I departed the Chicago (high-graphic) region. It did not. I think the aircraft corruption was tied to the blurries (as a symptom) as well.I loaded the new Nvidia beta 162.15 last night and used Nhancer and Ryan's (Tab's) instructions to change out the Nvidia FS profiles. I also used DriverCleaner during the Nvidia installation. I also have now been flying with the "/3GB /userva=2560" switch in my boot.ini file. That wih Ryan's profile recommendations, I had the best looking, solid FPS flight with the default Baron, to date. I will retry with the LDS-767 this weekend out of O'Hare.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest bertvankampen

hi TMilton,my specs are:asus P5Bdeluxe wifiCore2Duo E66002Gb DDR2 Ram PC6400Samsung 500GbNVidia 7600GT 256Mbtemps: motherboard 30/86 cpu 20/68 gpu 45/113 HD 31/88winXPPro SP2FSX deluxe SP1regardsBert

Bert I have the same processor and video card(s)as you and I have never seen this problem.I'm also running 94.24's.What are the temps on your E6600 and 7600GT?My CPU and GPU run about 40

If those are your temps while running FSX then you definitely aren't having an issue with heat.Weird how our specs are so similar yet you are seeing this problem and I am not.Michael

Thanks Jim, I suspected as much. The point I was trying to make above was that I seemed to resolve it pretty easily was to back the sliders off a notch for a short period of time when the demands of the scenery made it necessary and then back up again when the circumstances permitted.I sort of draw some parallels with the old 640K barrier we used to have once upon a time where if we asked a bit too much of the OS or app, it would either not do anything or do some really wierd things.I guess we basically learnt to work within the limits of the then system. It seems to be a bit of a forgotten art today, whereby folks seem to want to run everything at 100%, 100% of the time.Maybe I am just old or old fashioned.Cheers and thanks,Chris Porter:-outtaPerthWestern AustraliaCheck out my 5th Around the World flight with MS FSX at http://members.iinet.com.au/~portercbp/fly...W_05/index.html

Guest toothless1

I see from the attachments you are flying a texture addon showing Delta colors. Please make sure the texture folder contains a texture config file that may be added from any of the default textures for this same aircraft. I experienced the same problem when tinkering with a BBJ texture for the 737-800.

Guest bertvankampen

>How many people are seeing this problem? All or a few?>>Happens on clean RTM? Happens on clean SP1? >>By that I mean absolutely no add-ons, no changes, nothing. >>Is it only on nV 7xxx series?>Hi Phil,Completely clean installment on a clean pc with winXPpro Sp2FSX with SP1no overclockingno high tempsno add-ons; no tweaks whatsoeverall the default aircraft behave "weird" except the Ultralight, the Bell206 and the Extra300hardware:Core2Duo E6600 with 2Gb Ram pc6400Powersupply 450wattAsus P5B deluxe wifiSamsung 500Gb HDNVidia 7600GT 256MbFujitsu/Siemens 19-3 LCDRegardsBert

>I even used driver cleaner, which supposedly finds every>scrap left over from an uninstall and kills them, but it>didn't make a cracker of a difference. Not to worry, things>still seem to be working fine now with XP reinstalled.>>GaryYou may have had DX corrupted.In my experience once that happens its just about impossible to fix it short of a full OS reinstall.That or a the driver corrupted. Those driver cleaner progs never seem 100% foolproof.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

>>I sort of draw some parallels with the old 640K barrier we>used to have once upon a time where if we asked a bit too much>of the OS or app, it would either not do anything or do some>really wierd things.>Get QEMM386 for that. :)>I guess we basically learnt to work within the limits of the>then system. It seems to be a bit of a forgotten art today,>whereby folks seem to want to run everything at 100%, 100% of>the time.Good way to put it. It is a forgotten art today. RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

>I see from the attachments you are flying a texture addon>showing Delta colors. Please make sure the texture folder>contains a texture config file that may be added from any of>the default textures for this same aircraft. I experienced>the same problem when tinkering with a BBJ texture for the>737-800.@toothlessThat was not Bert's attachment that was just an example posted by G.@bertBert there is always the possibility that your video card is going out. That is why I asked if you were overclocking...heat can do that to a video card. And a card going out can show normal temps but that is too much for it.You might have a corrupted DirectX or driver install too...yes that is possible even though you said it was a clean system.I found Al Jordan's post (above) to be very informative re: this issue.RhettAMD 3700+ (@2585 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2gb Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8 (1T), WD 150 gig 10000rpm Raptor, WD 250gig 7200rpm SATA2, Seagate 120gb 5400 rpm external HD, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

Guest bertvankampen

>>How many people are seeing this problem? All or a few?>>>>Happens on clean RTM? Happens on clean SP1? >>>>By that I mean absolutely no add-ons, no changes, nothing. >>>>Is it only on nV 7xxx series?>>>>Hi Phil,>Completely clean installment on a clean pc with winXPpro Sp2>FSX with SP1>no overclocking>no high temps>no add-ons; no tweaks whatsoever>all the default aircraft behave "weird" except the Ultralight,>the Bell206 and the Extra300>>hardware:>Core2Duo E6600 with 2Gb Ram pc6400>Powersupply 450watt>Asus P5B deluxe wifi>Samsung 500Gb HD>NVidia 7600GT 256Mb>Fujitsu/Siemens 19-3 LCD>>>Regards>Bert>PROBLEM SOLVEDhi Phil,I got the advice to remove FSX SP1 and it worked 100%!But what do i learn from this; doesn't my FSX need the SP1?I don't understand this at all.Please explain this to me.Thanks in advance.Regards.Bert

While in the future SP1 will be a requirement, right now its an option. If RTM works better, sure use that for now.The puzzling thing is, your rig used to work. It still feels like something changed locally, and we just havent identified it yet.