Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Please Phil Taylor help us with the "wierd aircraft" pr...

Well, by God, now this is what Chicago and the LDS 767 are supposed to look like. These pictures were taken moments ago on full-fledged (all addons active) simulation from Chicago O'Hare to Charleston Intl.This is with FSXsp1, Ultimate Terrain-X, ProjactAI @ 50%, FPS lock @ 20, Nvidia 162.15, nHancer with Ryan's (Tab's) tweaks, FSX tagged and "/3GB /userva=2560" set in boot.ini, FSGenesis Landclass (sandwich), FSGenesis Mesh, FS Autostart with memory defrag'd, Simconnect-client, WideClient, ActiveSky X, XGraphics, Radar Contact 4, FSRealtime, and probably a couple of others I'm forgetting at the moment.Thank you Phil and Ryan, I do beleive I now have a tweaked FSX rig. Now it's time for some over-clockin', LOL...Leaving O'Hare Intl:http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174581.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174582.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174583.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174584.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174585.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174586.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174587.jpgOn final into Charleston...http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/174588.jpg

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest jordanmoore

I was able to reproduce this behavior in aircraft on a 5900FX Ultra by removing the bump map texture in the aircraft's texture folder. Perhaps your video card is not handling the bump map texture(s) correctly for the aircraft (and perhaps other things).I also had stuttering and strange FPS jumps when on/near runways and airports. I was able to solve it by removing the bump maps used for such things in the Texture and SceneryGlobalTexture folders. A tip I was given by one of the MSFS devs. I just searched those folders for every texture with "bump" in the name, and moved them over to a backup folder (in case it didn't work). It worked quite nicely for my card (I didn't really notice any difference visually after the change), your mileage may vary of course.Jordan Moore

Guest bertvankampen

>I am sure you would have taken care of this, but just in cae,>check the AGP aperature size. I had this problem when that was>set to 64MB, set it to 256 and everything was fine. AGP>aperature sizeyou'll get in your bios.Thanks Santanu Nandy for your advise, but....I am sorry i have to say , that my 7600GT is a PCIe, that stands for expresse and not for AGP....i don't know what they are selling in India, but at least here in Europe PCIe and AGP differs are not one and the same. ;-)PCI Express, officially abbreviated as PCI-E or PCIe (not to be confused with PCI-X, which stands for PCI Extended), is a computer expansion card interface format. It was designed as a much faster interface to replace PCI, PCI-X, and AGP interfaces for computer expansion cards and graphics cards.KindregardsBert

Guest bertvankampen

>While in the future SP1 will be a requirement, right now its>an option. If RTM works better, sure use that for now.>>The puzzling thing is, your rig used to work. It still feels>like something changed locally, and we just havent identified>it yet.Thanks again Phil for your reply.I also have the feeling that NOT ONLY the weather did change here...Ofcourse i will go over the whole operation again and again, to find out (or at least try) what might have caused all this trouble...In fact i had this problem now on 2 different pc's (P4 & E6600) and with 2 different videocards (ATI & NVidia); so it is rather complecated having 4 different configurations to install FSX and SP1 and check...But it's my main hobby and the weather is still not very good over here! :-)Kind regardsBert

It is definitely worth trying Jordanal's tip about the bump maps before you remove SP1.If that does fix this, I suppose I ought to reference this in a blog post as its good to know.

He he he, Phil has a hard time keeping us "Jordans" straight, LOL... I beleive he is talking about JordanMoore's #31 post below.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest bertvankampen

>It is definitely worth trying Jordanal's tip about the bump>maps before you remove SP1.>>If that does fix this, I suppose I ought to reference this in>a blog post as its good to know.Hi Phil,I think this reply isn't meant to be one for my former reply # 33When it is, i don't understand your advise.regardsBert

See JordanMoores' post below, as Jordanal says. It suggests that bump map texture issues might be causing this and a way to verify.And sorry Jordanal for messing that up.

Guest jordanmoore

I'm not sure someone can fix the aircraft problem with what I stated. I only said I could re-create the problem by removing any aircraft's bump map texture. So it leads me to believe that it might have to do with bump map handling by certain graphics cards.My card handles the bump maps, but seems to do it inefficiently. Which was leaving me with strange/frequent stutters and skips on/around runways and other scenery structures that had bump maps associated with them. It made being around most airports quite unenjoyable. I was able to fix this problem by removing the bump maps from the FSX Texture and SceneryGlobalTexture folders. It worked like a charm, and I was surprised that I couldn't see any difference visually with any runways or scenery items. So I was very happy with the result. (I think it was MS dev Adam that suggested I try that).But I can't remove the bump maps from the aircraft, or I get the same problem illustrated by the original poster. I suppose the bump map textures must be integral to their modeling. So I just live with it. I get some stuttering when looking at the aircraft externally (ie, spot view, etc). But it isn't terrible.Jordan Moore

Guest bertvankampen

It looks great Al; i do a complete reinstallment today and hope to get almost the same good results without "weird aircraft" again....RegardsBert

Guest bertvankampen

>It is definitely worth trying Jordanal's tip about the bump>maps before you remove SP1.>>If that does fix this, I suppose I ought to reference this in>a blog post as its good to know.Hi Phil,I just installed FSX SP1 back again and removed the bump maps; but NO solution for my "weird aircraft" problem.So i have re-installed SP1 again....RegardsBert

Reading the tip again, it appears that removing them repro's the problem and this likely means your card is having some issue with handling them. You didnt by chance update your graphics driver?

Quick update for y'all - 5 days of regular flying with my new OS and FSX / SP1 installation and I haven't had a texture corruption issue since. Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

Guest bertvankampen

>Reading the tip again, it appears that removing them repro's>the problem and this likely means your card is having some>issue with handling them. You didnt by chance update your>graphics driver?Hi Phil,I have tried the latest, the one before and 2 older drivers. but always the same negative result.Tonight i will change the present 7600GT 256Mb with an ATI 1650Pro and the latest ATI drivers.First i will clean the PC from all NVidia drivers..!Till next time...hopefully with better news...RegardsBert

Guest bertvankampen

>>Reading the tip again, it appears that removing them>repro's>>the problem and this likely means your card is having some>>issue with handling them. You didnt by chance update your>>graphics driver?>>Hi Phil,>I have tried the latest, the one before and 2 older drivers.>but always the same negative result.>Tonight i will change the present 7600GT 256Mb with an ATI>1650Pro and the latest ATI drivers.>First i will clean the PC from all NVidia drivers..!>Till next time...hopefully with better news...>>Regards>Bert>>Hi Phil,Also this ATI videocard experiment didn't work for me!Until now directX changed; tried 2 different processors; tried 2 different videocardchips with several drivers and still no result...It must be a very local problem!But i'll keep on trying!RegardsBert