Sign in to follow this  
Donka

AMD GPU in SU10

8 hours ago, Donka said:

This still needs to be enabled in the game itself to work though, that's why AMD have a list of currently supported titles and those with upcoming support. Are you sure you are not just seeing the in game upscaling?

https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/fidelityfx-super-resolution

The Game version of AMD's equivalent to DLSS (FSR2.0) which is probably going to be included in the next service update is different to RSR Which is a driver side implementation of the upscaler and is enabled using the Radeon software and gives a similar boost to framerates as DLSS does. 

It was included in the Radeon software in March of this year but apparently most people slept on this and didn't realize that they could apply it to the sim. 

See the following links below.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/amd-super-resolution-version-22-3-1/505344/5

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/amd-fsr-greatly-improved-my-graphics-performance/532041/15

Edited by Maxis
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

I have problems with flickering when Freesync is turned on, this started with Sim Update 10. Before it was no issue. 6700 XT 

Also, at least with DX 11 i can feel my GPU working harder since Sim Update 10. My PC is much louder during gameplay then before with the same settings. Did you also notice this?

Edited by wiggum

Had an Asus Radeon Dual 5700XT Super Advanced, the previous Radeon generation without raytracing, and that thing was performing so awesome that everything was not only on ultra and maxed-out but also modded for more rendering distance, and on 2560x1440 with maxed out AA with 25-50 FPS depending on the scenery.

You can imagine how well the new Radeon 6900XT will perform 😉 probably double that rendering power! (I don´t have a new graphics card yet because the prices are still too expensive and not attractive enough and still use the Vega8 APU, but the 6600-6900 series with RTX will become my next GPU).

Edited by JetCat

I've got a 6900 XT. It's about 9 or 10 GB in my experience.

Mike Beckwith

Interesting thread. I was almost sold on a 4080, but seeing how MSFS is really actually taking more and more direction towards DX12 I'm thinking maybe I should consider RDNA3 more thoroughly because in the past few years, AMD cards have always performed very good in low level APIs in my experience.

Does any of you guys get the current "your GPU has overheated, is overclocked or the driver has crashed"-CTDs with your AMD gpus? Or is this purely an Nvidia issue?

Laminar Research customer -- Asobo/MS customer -- not an X-Aviation customer - or am I? 😉

1 hour ago, StoreyedTrain said:

@Anyone with an 6900XT (or other card with 16GB Memory)

How much memory does MSFS usually use from the 16GB of the card ?

10 to 14 GB  .. running at 3440x1440 with render scale 115%

My specs are in my sig

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

12 minutes ago, rka said:

Does any of you guys get the current "your GPU has overheated, is overclocked or the driver has crashed"-CTDs with your AMD gpus? Or is this purely an Nvidia issue?

Nope, never. Only time I had issues with my 6900XT were when I did not use one of the official drivers (like 22.8.2). With the official drivers (currently 22.5.1), no issues at all, except the ground tile bug with DX12. This one seems to be more prominent on AMD cards and sadly, since SU10, a real pity, because with SU10 now, DX12 would be for the first time more smooth in my case than DX11. 

• Like 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I have a 6800 XT and it works great on DX11 or 12 except on DX12 I have the disappearing runway textures no matter what I do if anyone has a fix would be very grateful.

3 hours ago, rka said:

Interesting thread. I was almost sold on a 4080, but seeing how MSFS is really actually taking more and more direction towards DX12 I'm thinking maybe I should consider RDNA3 more thoroughly because in the past few years, AMD cards have always performed very good in low level APIs in my experience.

I dont know if its purely an Nvidia issue but my card is factory overclocked and i have overclocked on top of that and i have absolutely no issues.

• Like 1