Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix Update is out, too

3 hours ago, michael8 said:

so the main feature of this patch was the WX radar API that was advertised on the Devs Q&A and weekly updates and  they didnt  do the complete version..... so 4 months only to get a DLSS

Even more "funny" are statements from MS/Asobo about other things requested by the community like seasons: "we do not want to implement a half-baked solution, we want to do things right". Never had a bigger laugh, the WX "API" is the best example for how many things in MSFS are nothing more than "half-baked"... 

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

5 hours ago, jcomm said:

I envy ya guys !

Want my Fenix back !!!!

Can we have one for XP12 ?

Thanks !

XP 12 needs alot more than a Fenix..😉

• Like 11

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

15 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Even more "funny" are statements from MS/Asobo about other things requested by the community like seasons: "we do not want to implement a half-baked solution, we want to do things right". Never had a bigger laugh, the WX "API" is the best example for how many things in MSFS are nothing more than "half-baked"... 

I think the problem may be that they simply don't realize that the weather radar API and other things are half-baked.

The important question is then: Why don't they realize that these things are half-baked? I think this may have to do with the way they gather feedback and prioritize features. The voting system is great in that it allows people to give input on what's most important to the community, but a downside is that it can cause the feedback to get condensed down to a single bullet point: "500 people say we need a flux capacitor", so they build a flux capacitor, but they miss the all-important details, such as the fact that the flux capacitor needs to be connected to the time circuits or that it needs 1.21 jigawatts of power to function correctly.

It's become a recurring theme in Q&As that they're surprised at the feedback they get: "Why are people still complaining about this? We fixed it in the last SU!"

How do you solve this? Probably by creating a tighter feedback loop: Once you've realized you need a flux capacitor, explain to people what you're planning to build, then get feedback on that before you actually build it (and then realize too late that you've built something half-baked).

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I find the performance has not improved. Still stuttering when i approach LSZH (and butter in the PMDG).

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

The WX radar situation really does explain perfectly the re-occuring issue ASOBO has as a studio. "We want a weather API so that we can create a realistic weather radar." is somehow shortened to "We want a weather API." like a game of telephone. It's like something isn't clicking. ASOBO's heart is in the right place, but another group of devs would not have these re-occuring issues of requests being lost in translation.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

1 hour ago, Paladin2005 said:

I find the performance has not improved. Still stuttering when i approach LSZH (and butter in the PMDG).

That would be because there are no performance improvements from our side in this update.

• Like 12

Aamir Thacker

What a great job they did on the Fenix Update. The sounds are fantastic, and handling and power are so much better. Kudos to Aamir and his crew!!!!😃

• Like 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

30 minutes ago, Aamir said:

That would be because there are no performance improvements from our side in this update.

That explains the fact very well. 😃

I thought somebody in the forum was saying there were some performance updates on the Fenix. 🤪 (did not read the whole change log)

Edited by Paladin2005

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

Nice try. But VNAV still isn't right. It's still descending at the lowest speed of the marks but it's now requiring thrust even to keep it at the lowest speed. VNAV is worse I'm afraid.

Edited by jarmstro

27 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Nice try. But VNAV still isn't right. It's still descending at the lowest speed of the marks but it's now requiring thrust even to keep it at the lowest speed. VNAV is worse I'm afraid.

I never use Vnav so I wouldn't know. I follow ATC ( I use PF3) for descent instructions. 

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

The sounds are fantastic

and yet there seems to be a hotfix today as Dave mentioned on Discord earlier today. difficult for me at my age to follow these "conversations" but the hotfix seems to address some sound topics in the cockpit (clicking sound and APU to loud) as well as possible some "light" adjustments, just some snippets, don't nail me down whether these are the topics actually being addressed by the hotfix or not. again, discord should be renamed dislike - for me at least

WingC3 — @Dave Are you guys aware of the exterior engine audio being overpowered by the APU. They can barely be heard at all spooling up

Dave — the APU? word not allowed, interesting. I did some test starts the other day and all seemed fine

Dave — so generally the CFM56 is loudest from the front, quieter from the side, and then quiet from the back bar rumble/high-power

WingC3 — That makes sense, but I would imagine in all cases it should be louder than the APU (unless you're standing right under the APU)

Dave — exactly. So I'm taking a look at this now

And

Dave — so with the lights, there's two issues we currently face:

1. bloom - this is out of our control and becomes excessive once you start increasing the power of the lights

2. shadows - namely, there aren't any shadows cast by MSFS lights, so if you start upping the power value of the lights, it will start illuminating things it shouldn't be able to (think inside of the gear bay for the strobes etc)

we're going to continue working on the lights, but it's extremely painful/slow work due to the above issues, if I increase the power 10x on all lights right now, the aircraft will literally be lost in the bloom

Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

29 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

VNAV will not always have you at the top of the speed band. You can be at the top, the bottom, the middle - wherever. Prior to this update it was always at the bottom, no matter the type of VNAV pathing.

If you're in a geometric path, chances are fairly likely you'll sit at the bottom of the speed band, as at that point the aircraft isn't actually targeting an idle descent. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Aamir Thacker

For months users have been complaining that the Fenix engine sounds are not loud enough. So they make them a bit louder in this update, and now people are whining that the engine sounds are too loud... I don't know how these Developers can deal with this word not allowed>>..

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, Bobsk8 said:

For months users have been complaining that the Fenix engine sounds are not loud enough. So they make them a bit louder in this update, and now people are whining that the engine sounds are too loud... I don't know how these Developers can deal with this word not allowed>>..

https://www.johnniewalker.com/

I have a loyalty card.

• Like 19
  • Upvote 4

Aamir Thacker

@Aamir any news about a remote MCDU? thx

• Like 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------