Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix Update is out, too

@Aamir Any word if this fixes the issue I put a ticket in for at the end of JULY, in which the Airbus invariably causes a CTD somewhere between boarding completion and pushback? The number of times I've tried to fly this aircraft and ended up with a CTD is unbelievable. This is the only aircraft that does this, so it's definitely a Fenix problem. In addition to this, apart from an acknowledgement of receiving my logs, and something about engineers looking into it, I've heard absolutely nothing back. I'm regretting supporting a new developer, since I can't actually use the product.

Yey, the texture problem on the left side stick, which I reported a few months ago and which was solved within an hour or so, is finally there! Happy with it!

Other than that... SU10 and this Fenix update seems to hurt performance in places... An airport like (default) ENVA, which I visit quite often, never was a problem (nor should it be) but now I get stutters on the ground when I look around (with TrackIR)... Hm...

18 hours ago, Aamir said:

Status unchanged Guenter, but at this point, rest assured I'll be thinking of only you when we come around to building it! Much to do before. 

@Aamir

There's at least one more pining mate... BTW I am having to manually start the Fenix app, each time, post the update.

Thanks for keeping on keeping on! 😉

Edited by cavaricooper

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

I have upgraded to SU10 and the new Fenix upgrade.  For some reason I can no longer load the Fenix.  Get error message:

"Your graphics device has encountered a problem and Microsoft Flight Simulator will exit.

This may be due to graphics card overclocking, overheating or due to a driver fault."

Tried loading again and got it up in the air, then the same message.  Tried the default 320, and same thing.

i7-10700 CPU@2.90 GHz 16GB Memory, 64 bit, nVidia GTX1660Ti w/6 GB Ram

GA planes work fine.

Roy

51 minutes ago, Roy Warren said:

I have upgraded to SU10 and the new Fenix upgrade.  For some reason I can no longer load the Fenix.  Get error message:

"Your graphics device has encountered a problem and Microsoft Flight Simulator will exit.

This may be due to graphics card overclocking, overheating or due to a driver fault."

Tried loading again and got it up in the air, then the same message.  Tried the default 320, and same thing.

i7-10700 CPU@2.90 GHz 16GB Memory, 64 bit, nVidia GTX1660Ti w/6 GB Ram

GA planes work fine.

Roy

A lot of people are getting this Roy.  Asobo or Nvidia need to investigate the issue urgently (as it also mentions a driver fault). 
Some people can trigger the fault at will just by popping out a window, and the GPU's are definitely not overheating so it is a false message in that regard.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

47 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

A lot of people are getting this Roy.  Asobo or Nvidia need to investigate the issue urgently (as it also mentions a driver fault). 
Some people can trigger the fault at will just by popping out a window, and the GPU's are definitely not overheating so it is a false message in that regard.

Thanks Rob.  I was concerned that I would need a new graphics card to run these planes, which I cannot afford being retired and on a fixed income.

Hopefully the new driver will fix this when it comes out.

Roy

• Like 1

my problem is I had used spad.next to handle key bindings.  My switch panel now does not work anymore since fenix update.  THings like landing gear, fasten seatbelts, lights, AP disconnect.  No longer functional.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

On 9/23/2022 at 2:50 AM, zhaoqingMal said:

@Aamir Any word if this fixes the issue I put a ticket in for at the end of JULY, in which the Airbus invariably causes a CTD somewhere between boarding completion and pushback? The number of times I've tried to fly this aircraft and ended up with a CTD is unbelievable. This is the only aircraft that does this, so it's definitely a Fenix problem. In addition to this, apart from an acknowledgement of receiving my logs, and something about engineers looking into it, I've heard absolutely nothing back. I'm regretting supporting a new developer, since I can't actually use the product.

A few things you could try to double check it's nothing potentially at your end:   Try removing everything from the Community folder except the Fenix, turn off any overclocking and check sound and graphics drivers up to date.

Cheers.

Edited by Matt Webb

Matt Webb

One thing the update has done on the Fenix, is the contrails have disappeared. 

• Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

7 hours ago, Matt Webb said:

A few things you could try to double check it's nothing potentially at your end:   Try removing everything from the Community folder except the Fenix, turn off any overclocking and check sound and graphics drivers up to date.

Cheers.

Done all that. Again, only addon that does this. Only addon I have with such shockingly bad customer service/support as well.

Anyone getting a clicking sound in the cockpit on decent that just repeats ever so often?😶  At first, I thought it sounded like stewards pushing in carts behind the cockpit but it just kept going all the way till short final. 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

4 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Anyone getting a clicking sound in the cockpit on decent that just repeats ever so often?😶  At first, I thought it sounded like stewards pushing in carts behind the cockpit but it just kept going all the way till short final. 

Yeah... It sounds like the FO is kicking in a couple of notches of flaps every few minutes. 

• Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

On 9/23/2022 at 1:39 AM, Aamir said:

https://www.johnniewalker.com/

I have a loyalty card.

The gals and guys at the local bottle shop or “bottle O” as we call them here in Aus, love a good convo with me, I’m there more often than I should be….a white lie is when you buy two bottles of red and tell them the second ones a gift for a mate…Let’s just say I’m a generous friend..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dillon said:

This is the sound when the plane is in turbulence. They added it I find it a bit too repetitive

• Upvote 1

Hopefully we get some day ( and hopefully not to far away ) a remote MCDU, this is one of the best things ever..IMO !

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png