Sign in to follow this  

I have been in the SU10 Beta since the beginning with no real problems. Today I installled the new 517.nvidia driver and brought the system up. Now, every time I hit the keys to switch to VR mode, I get a brief "Loading' message and then the simulator crashes.

Thoughts on what I should do?

Thanks.

I guess I should add that I am using a Quest 2 via Link cable.

Edited by Rob G

Case: (Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL), PSU: (MEG Ai300p pcie 5 & ATX 3.0), Motherboard: (ASUS TUF Gaming x670E-PLUS WIFI 6E), CPU: (AMD Ryzen 7 7800-X3D) 

Memory: (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6000), GPU: (Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo). CPU Cooler: (ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360) 

Fans: (7 Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB)

Only thing I can say is like you I am on quest 2 and link  I don’t have a key mapped to vr  I switch to it via options .  Today I installed  su10 and seems ok, but I am using 51694 nvidia driver .(game ready) 

are you using dx12 and the openxr toolkit as I believe that can cause crashes until a new release for the toolkit comes out in a week or so.?  I use dx11 with the older driver and is working ok.   I would like to try dx 12. dlss seems to have reduced shimmering now.  

may be worth removing that driver and try 516.94 to see if that is the reason ?

Edited by Bozdog

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

56 minutes ago, Bozdog said:

Only thing I can say is like you I am on quest 2 and link  I don’t have a key mapped to vr  I switch to it via options .  Today I installed  su10 and seems ok, but I am using 51694 nvidia driver .(game ready) 

are you using dx12 and the openxr toolkit as I believe that can cause crashes until a new release for the toolkit comes out in a week or so.?  I use dx11 with the older driver and is working ok.   I would like to try dx 12. dlss seems to have reduced shimmering now.  

may be worth removing that driver and try 516.94 to see if that is the reason ?

That's amazing. After running all kinds of tests it seems to be that using the Open XR Toolkit is what is causing the problem. With the toolkit disabled I can use the new driver and DX12/DLSS and VR works fine.

I didn't hear anyone in the forums talking about this issue. Did I just miss something?

Case: (Lian Li PC-011 Dynamic XL), PSU: (MEG Ai300p pcie 5 & ATX 3.0), Motherboard: (ASUS TUF Gaming x670E-PLUS WIFI 6E), CPU: (AMD Ryzen 7 7800-X3D) 

Memory: (G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6000), GPU: (Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 AMP Extreme Airo). CPU Cooler: (ASUS ROG Strix LC RGB 360) 

Fans: (7 Corsair LL Series 120mm RGB)

Glad I could help. It was on a MSFS toolkit forum. I found it via Google after reading in a avsim post about SU 10 and VR

Is their much improvement using dx 12 without the toolkit and DLSS   ?  I believe in about a week to 10 days the toolkit has a new version coming out which will be DX  12 compatible

Quest 2

Windows 11

Great looks like just been released.   Quick instal  10 minute test, looking good.  Changed to DX12 , DLSS.   Instrument dials dont seem any clearer but my Distance scenery shimmering has gone, and FPS increased.  Looks promising

Edited by Bozdog

Quest 2

Windows 11