Sign in to follow this  
Mace

vsync

Something seems amiss with SU10 and vsync in MSFS general settings.  I'm stuck at 30 fps no matter how low I set my settings.  SU9, I got 40-60 fps smooth at 4K @ 60hz refresh.  I'm using the new studio driver.

How do you delete the shader cache again?  Maybe I should try that.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

The shader cache won't have anything to do with this Rhett.  Have a look in Nvidia control panel to make sure Vsync or 1/2 refresh rate is not on in there. 
Sometimes things change after a driver update.

If Vsync is set globally in NVCP, or on the MSFS specific setting in the NVCP game list, it will override everything you try to do - it takes precedence over everything.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

14 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

The shader cache won't have anything to do with this Rhett.  Have a look in Nvidia control panel to make sure Vsync or 1/2 refresh rate is not on in there. 
Sometimes things change after a driver update.

If Vsync is set globally in NVCP, or on the MSFS specific setting in the NVCP game list, it will override everything you try to do - it takes precedence over everything.

I loaded up the sim again, and magically, it's now set to vsync / 100% and it's actually working.  

I have no words...

But anyway, now I'm doing some performance testing.  It's not looking good so far in DX11 mode at KDCA.  I really think my hardware should handle 200 TLOD at 40+ fps, which it was doing in SU9.  In SU10 it's only at 25-30.  Although in fairness that wasn't at DCA but at a rural location in West Virginia. 

Still, I may need to clear the shader cache after all.  If I can find that location.

• Like 1

Rhett

DX12 mode is looking good and performing well on my hardware.  Under DX12, as soon as I locked vsync at 50% the panning smoothness improved quite a bit.  Now I plan to turn off the frame rate counter, smoothness is all I want, anyway.   I just had it on for testing to see where my hardware maxxed out at various settings.

• Like 1

Rhett