Sign in to follow this  
michal

How do we edit trees? They look cartoonish

Guest nehuge

Thing that bugs me is that the lighting on the trees doesn't have that bleached out look like the sun is shining on them. The textures on the ground that have trees look bright, and then there is this crayon green tree on top of it that looks 'computerish'...any way to brighten these up somehow?

Guest tmilton

>then there is this crayon green tree on top of it that looks>'computerish'...any way to brighten these up somehow?Do you have a screenshot of this "crayon" tree, so we know what you're referring to?Personally, I like the tree textures in FSX, they're a massive improvement over FS9. However, there is always room for further improvement. :) Perhaps DX10 will add some new lighting effects on the tree textures?

Trees generally do look darker than the terrain on which they stand.As to the comment of being "cartoonish" I agree but this has to do with the fact that they are of much higher resolution than surrounding terrain causing them to "stand out". I therefore prefer lower resolution trees but have no problem with actual color tone.Michael J.http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/9320/apollo17vf7.jpg