Sign in to follow this  
shane2801

SU 10 - Disaster. Help!!!

I think I may have stuffed up the update. I was about 30% the download and I stopped it to remove everything out of my community folder. I then went in and re-downloaded and updated. I then moved everything back into the folder.

I tried a fly around Manhattan I some of the ocean has lines through it, cars a flying in the air.

I then flew around Sydney ( I do have the Orbx scenery for this area) and while it was a little better I could still see cars passing under the harbour tunnel. 

Is there  something I can reset or do?

try going to orbx central verify files under my products page also find resync sim in settings/help section

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

1 hour ago, shane2801 said:

I think I may have stuffed up the update. I was about 30% the download and I stopped it to remove everything out of my community folder. I then went in and re-downloaded and updated. I then moved everything back into the folder.

I tried a fly around Manhattan I some of the ocean has lines through it, cars a flying in the air.

I then flew around Sydney ( I do have the Orbx scenery for this area) and while it was a little better I could still see cars passing under the harbour tunnel. 

Is there  something I can reset or do?

Hiya Shane.  It is a pity about this.  The community folder thing is not necessary in general.  
The vast majority of us now update without touching it, and only bother with individual items in the community folder if we have problems afterwards, so there is no need for you to do this to the community folder in future.  

In any case, if you really want to do this in future, just rename the folder to something like Community.bak and MSFS will make a new blank one.  Afterwards, delete the new empty blank folder and rename your old one back to 'Community'.  That is the smart way to do it, but it really isn't necessary unless directed to do so or when trouble-shooting a clash of add-ons with each other or with MSFS.

The only widespread app I know of that needed an update in the community folder was the PMS GTN750, and the new version is out for that now.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, sonny147 said:

try going to orbx central verify files under my products page also find resync sim in settings/help section

Hi Sonny

Where do I find the Resync sim? 

Do you have the Steam or MS store version of MSFS?

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

in central go to top right of the home page, click on settings (the cog wheel), then click on help it's in there

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

12 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

in central go to top right of the home page, click on settings (the cog wheel), then click on help it's in there

Thanks Sonny. Trying it now. Have you had any problems when flying around Manhattan with cars driving on water and in the air? 

no iam in europe so don't use that scenery, but using  verify files and resync have fixed alot of orbx scenery issues for me in the past , especially P3D