Sign in to follow this  
ConairMSFS

Vertical lines in clouds - DX12

Hi everyone. Hope i'm writing in the right section.

Do you know if there is a tweak to solve the problem of seeing vertical lines while flying trough clouds, using DX12?

With DX12 looks like i can get better FPS, but as soon as i fly into a cloud, trough the windshield i see kind of vertical lines trough them.

My GPU is a AMD6700XT, latest drivers, but happened also with older ones.

Thanks in advance for your help.

brkclouds.jpg

Edited by ConairMSFS
  • Upvote 2

A screenshot would be nice to see.

Welcome BTW. Hope you enjoy the forums.

Give you a like to start you off.

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

This was reported during the beta, seems to be affecting RDNA 2 cards only.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/cloud-texture-shows-vertical-lines-amd-dx12/530076

Unfortunately this bug report seems to have gone unacknowledged by the team, and was moved to the beta forum archives. I would recommend creating a new one in the following section: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/bugs-and-issues/performance/211 Make sure to reference the original topic too.

51 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

A screenshot would be nice to see.

Welcome BTW. Hope you enjoy the forums.

Give you a like to start you off.

Edited first message adding a screenshot. Thanks a lot.

49 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

This was reported during the beta, seems to be affecting RDNA 2 cards only.

I would recommend creating a new one in the following section:

Thanks.

After changing my gamertag, i cannot login to the forums anymore (i contacted zendesk, they told me my login issue is a bug they don't plan to solve). So I can just read them and nothing more.

Lines in clouds, was happening to me in SU9, SU10 beta, and now in SU10 release.

Switching back to DX11 for now, but it's around 10 fps less compared to DX12.

Edited by ConairMSFS
  • Like 1

It seems to affect all 6700 cards with DX12 now.

Cant believe Asobo did not even acknowledge the bug since this is a widely popular gpu.

Has it been reported to Asobo by now again and acknowledged? I cant find a thread on the official forums about this problem

Exactly same problem for me here, DX12 Performs much better.
I picked up an rx6700 not too long ago and unfortunately this is quite off-putting. Hopefully a fix will be implemented