Sign in to follow this  
Guest slydon

dx10 update

Guest slydon

It seems that dx10 will not work in xp but yesterday I read that there will be some updates included with the update that are other than vista pertinent. What are the people supposed to do that do not have vista and no plans to get it? Do we install the dx10 update anyway?Don:-hmmm

Guest UlfB

Don,If your'e running XP, forget DX10. Visit Phil Taylors blog at http://blogs.msdn.com/ptaylor/default.aspx If you want to take advantage of DX10 in FSX, wait for the DX10 upgrade for FSX to be released later this year, and then upgrade to Vista.Ulf B

I believe if you check the threads - which is a difficult task with all the political arguments on technical points - you will see that the DX-10 update is planned to have a few updates for non DX-10 users.My understanding is that the update focuses on DX-10, but in doing so, it will allow the MS team to hopefully address that task in a manner which will have some benefit to others.Of course, that's a bit of speculation. A computer program is not a Chinese restaurant menu where you can take one from Column A, two from Column B, four from Column C, etc...Quite often in programming changeing something in Column D makes something in Column A work differently.

Guest slydon

Yes, you have the same opinion that I got from reading. It said there would be something for non dx10 I am pretty sure. Just have to wait and see I guess.Don