Sign in to follow this  
lehbird

Maddog Sound Update?

Is there any discussion of a 3rd Party sound package addon for the Maddog? The main reason I don't fly it is because the sound is horrible. Based on this Forum, it sounds like the developer is not very active on updating, so I wondered if any 3rd party groups are giving it a go.

Thanks,

Dave

• Like 1

They have been super strange lately.  Seemed when the plane was less popular, they were constantly updating it.  So many new features were rolling out.  Then it comes out in MSFS and appeared to sell like hotcakes (based on forum posts), and the developer seems to have gone to sleep.  I hope they are ok over there.  Because this hasn't been their usual behavior.  

• Like 4

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

58 minutes ago, lehbird said:

Is there any discussion of a 3rd Party sound package addon for the Maddog?

This is what I'm using,it sounds great!

https://www.ftsimplus.com/md-80.html

8 minutes ago, micstatic said:

They have been super strange lately.

Yeah, I posted a problem about their pitch trim rate/speed and never got a response. I heard they are not even responding to tickets. It's unfortunate because it's a great plane.

Rick

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, micstatic said:

They have been super strange lately.  Seemed when the plane was less popular, they were constantly updating it.  So many new features were rolling out.  Then it comes out in MSFS and appeared to sell like hotcakes (based on forum posts), and the developer seems to have gone to sleep.  I hope they are ok over there.  Because this hasn't been their usual behavior.  

Actually I'm wondering it hasn't done as well as they'd hoped and that's caused some reassessment.
It certainly seem closer in popularity to the 146 than the Fenix or any of the PMDG 73x

• Upvote 1

I am curious as well as this aircraft is still top all 5 in my hangar 15 years of simming.

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

36 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Actually I'm wondering it hasn't done as well as they'd hoped and that's caused some reassessment.
It certainly seem closer in popularity to the 146 than the Fenix or any of the PMDG 73x

Go look at their forum.  It was easy to watch during release.  Posts went from dozens a day to hundreds and tons of unique users.  I never meant for you to infer it was close to the popularity of fenix or pmdg 737.  But pretty much hardly any would be expected to be on that level.  If it sold on the level of the 146, I suspect most devs would consider that a success in the first place.  Some of the maddog paints on flightsim.to have over 2000 downloads.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

There is a similar post at the maddog forum as well, wondering what's going on as we haven't heard from them in a while. I heard that they might be busy with real life commitments so hopefully they will be back at some point.

As for the sounds from ftsim+, it is sadly not updated anymore for MSFS so this one is a dead end. Immersive Audio might do a soundpack for the maddog at some point in the future. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ikarus280 said:

As for the sounds from ftsim+, it is sadly not updated anymore for MSFS so this one is a dead end. Immersive Audio might do a soundpack for the maddog at some point in the future. 

FTsim has an updated sound pack for the MSFS version of the maddog.  Not sure why you are saying this.

• Like 1

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

40 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Go look at their forum.  It was easy to watch during release.  Posts went from dozens a day to hundreds and tons of unique users.  I never meant for you to infer it was close to the popularity of fenix or pmdg 737.  But pretty much hardly any would be expected to be on that level.  If it sold on the level of the 146, I suspect most devs would consider that a success in the first place.  Some of the maddog paints on flightsim.to have over 2000 downloads.  

Which is pretty close to the level of the 146 - for something some people were touting as the most anticipated release for MSFS, honestly, that doesn't seem particularly impressive.

7 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Which is pretty close to the level of the 146 - for something some people were touting as the most anticipated release for MSFS, honestly, that doesn't seem particularly impressive.

Not sure where you are coming up with the position I stated it was more popular than the 146.  But I think both appear to have sold pretty well.  I can't sit here and quantify what you find impressive.  Nor do I care to.  I suspect (Wild Guess) that they sold double or more of the maddog they sold in p3d.  Don't forget it was one of the very first high level airliners released.  If you somehow expected a jet that is mostly retired and sold less than 1200 in real life to have equal sales to a 737NG/A320 (Over 15k sold) then that's probably a little unfair.  

hopefully they come back and communicate to their audience.  Look, this was a very expensive plane, yes, the sound stinks, but the plane is fantastic.  Just look at all the downloads at flightsim.to.

• Like 1

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

16 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Not sure where you are coming up with the position I stated it was more popular than the 146.  But I think both appear to have sold pretty well.  I can't sit here and quantify what you find impressive.  Nor do I care to.  I suspect (Wild Guess) that they sold double or more of the maddog they sold in p3d.  Don't forget it was one of the very first high level airliners released.  If you somehow expected a jet that is mostly retired and sold less than 1200 in real life to have equal sales to a 737NG/A320 (Over 15k sold) then that's probably a little unfair.  

By that measure the Bae 146 is significantly more niche with 221 built and almost all retired (30 recorded in service in 2019 and I'd expect at least some of those to no longer be working today)

For a module considered so significant by its fans and at least some of the press to not heavily out sell the 146 suggests to me something did not go down particularly well with the audience.

(It's not like we can suggest that there isn't a clear market for high fidelity airliners amongst MSFS .)

Leonardo is a very small team, I think only 2 main devs, so a real life issue could very well cause such a silence. It has been updated quite regularly, at least in the beginning, so there's that. I'm also quite sure it sold very well, there's a lot of indicators (users on their forums, Simmarket reviews, first study levle aircraft in MSFS) that makes you believe that this has outsold the P3D version already.

7 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

By that measure the Bae 146 is significantly more niche with 221 built and almost all retired (30 recorded in service in 2019 and I'd expect at least some of those to no longer be working today)

For a module considered so significant by its fans and at least some of the press to not heavily out sell the 146 suggests to me something did not go down particularly well with the audience.

(It's not like we can suggest that there isn't a clear market for high fidelity airliners amongst MSFS .)

well we probably won't agree.  We are lacking actual sales numbers.  but it appears to me both the maddog and the 146 have done pretty well.  I think in real life the MD-80 had a bigger following than the 146 ever did.  So that would explain the fans and probably the press.  I'm an avgeek so I like them all.  Not to mention I saw some pretty heavy press and fans for the 146.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

I only bought the 146 because MSFS doesn't have a decent C-130.     It kind of reminds me of one,   just without the turboprops.