Sign in to follow this  
Donka

Awesome, free companion app for MSFS

An app I have been using for a while got a recent update that streamlines some aspects of it so thought I would share it here. I'm not affiliated with the developer but offered some feedback which he has incorporated. If you have a spare tablet or two laying around then you can put them to great use. I have two cheap Amazon Fire tablets that I with this app to display a PFD and a secondary screen with map/flight plan and engine parameters.

It's free and well worth checking out...

https://flightsim.to/file/18371/flight-display-companion-g3000-style-display-for-android

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Wow! Smart!  I have a spare tablet so I will give it a go.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

6 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Wow! Smart!  I have a spare tablet so I will give it a go.

Give me a shout if you try it out and have any questions. There is a gauge designer app that lets you configure your own aircraft setup if you want to step away from default or the included profiles which is handy if you are looking to get the exact colour bands on your gauges for a different aircraft.

Edited by Donka
  • Like 1

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

When I click on Download  at fs.to , there are six files all with the same date Sept 22, 2022. I  have no clue which ones I need. Downloaded the main file. There was not any manual. only .msi files.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

The main file includes two msi installers - the simconnect server and the gauge designer. Only the server is required and is installed on your flight sim pc. The gauge designer is only needed if you want to create your own aircraft profiles.

You also need one of the APK files which is the android client. V7a is for older tablets. You can try v8a first and if that fails to install, use v7a. 
The dev hasn’t created a revised user manual for the latest release but I have a copy of the old manual which is still about 90% relevant. I’ll post it up here in the morning when I’m back on my pc. 

Here is a copy of the previous user guide which should be helpful.

A couple changes that I can think of - the aircraft and flight plan selection is all done on the server app, not the client. Multiple clients can connect to the same server - handy if you have more than one tablet so want them to show different information instead of swiping through the screens on a single tablet.

The first time you run the server, it should prompt you to add the app to your firewall. Select either private or public check boxes depending on how you have set up your home network or select both if unsure.

https://www.transfernow.net/dl/20220923GG8PrVf9

Edited by Donka
Adding link

@Donka, I know this post is a few months old, but I just discovered this wonderful app.
I don't know if there's still ongoing development for this?

Would you mind uploading the manual again please? I can't find it anywhere else.

Thanks,
Luc

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX

I can highly recommend MSFS Moble Companion APP , also for free and at flightsim.to.

I'm using it since years.

Only one small addon (about 13 MB) for the community folder. Connects to every browser in your mobile device/PC/notebook, better said - you connect your browser to the addon. No need for extra app for your mobile device.

Instruction how to use and install is included and you'll find it on the webside too ... 

Best regards, Detlef

@stratone It certainly looks interesting but it's not really comparable to the "Flight Display Companion".
It doesn't seem to have any gauges, it's more like a "switch" or "command" panel (at least that's how it looks)

Nevertheless, it might be an interesting additional tool, I will give it a whirl.

Cheers,
Luc

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX