Sign in to follow this  
sunny_in_the_sky

Chaseplane cameras for MSFS, when?

I see all the beautiful screenshots of MSFS, and would like to switch over from P3D, but their cameras are just so hacky. For example, there doesn't seem to be a clear way to toggle between cockpit and external cameras. Others have also had the same confusion. The following shortcut does not work:

spacer.png

What is everyone using as a camera solution? I thought Chaseplane did an amazing job with P3D, and cannot wait for their MSFS version.

I bought an Xbox controller to control a drone. Purely for this sim. Then I realised it would be good for a racing game ha! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sunny_in_the_sky said:

I see all the beautiful screenshots of MSFS, and would like to switch over from P3D, but their cameras are just so hacky. For example, there doesn't seem to be a clear way to toggle between cockpit and external cameras. Others have also had the same confusion. The following shortcut does not work:

spacer.png

What is everyone using as a camera solution? I thought Chaseplane did an amazing job with P3D, and cannot wait for their MSFS version.

A lot of people are using an X-box controller for their camera in MSFS. Supposedly, it works wonders.

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Going to be waiting a long time to get a Chaseplane type camera system in MSFS. If it even happens.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

A lot of people are using an X-box controller for their camera in MSFS. Supposedly, it works wonders.

Sounds like smart move by MS to sell a bunch of controllers.

I'm not sure what the issue is you are having exactly, but maybe this helps;

That control option you show will switch between external and cockpit.

If you are using a quickview camera position (Ctrl + number) and want to go back to the normal view, then you need to map and use the Reset External View and Reset Cockpit View buttons.

But I might be misinterpreting your issue.

Edited by s0cks

I appreciate that some find the controller to be useful. I want to have more key options available though, and would prefer finding a camera addon solution in the long term, if possible. Chaseplane provided more than just view shortcuts. It gave cinematics, auto import of views, customization of cameras, easy-to-use UI for moving around the camera, and so forth.

The control options in MSFS are clunky, and seem to reset back to the top of page every time I change a key assignment. It seems to expand sections I am not going into. It's missing some useful settings that would make life easier, in my opinion.

3 minutes ago, s0cks said:

That control option you show will switch between external and cockpit.

That's what is not working, unfortunately. I also posted a link to another forum thread where someone else was having the same problem. Googling it will show you that many others have also run into it. It takes you to external, but then does not want to go back into cockpit view. This should be a very simple thing to do and set up, but the camera control options are convoluted.

An addon like Chaseplane would have saved me a lot of time on these issues right away, in my opinion.

don't even get me started on not having chase plane in this sim, the camera's are my main bug bare clunky and just amateur  when compared to chase plane , instant buy  

• Like 5

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

It does take some getting used to - But we won't see a Chaseplane or similar addons until there is an API that developers can access to make these programs. I highly recommend you vote on this thread at: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/fix-support-camera-api-in-simconnect/334102 if you want to see a Camera API as it will also be beneficial to other addons such as GSX. 

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

sadly i agree with you

• Like 2

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

Don't forget that MSFS is a very "sandboxed" platform. At least at this point in time. So 3rd party addons for camera or weather for example are almost impossible.

This is one of its major shortcomings.

• Like 1

Just now, sunny_in_the_sky said:

I saw some other comment also suggest that. What should I be upvoting in that thread? Original post? Comments?

Left of the forum thread title you should see a number and a button that says "Vote" - Click on that. It wouldn't harm replying to the thread as well. 

xG0RCvB.png

• Like 3

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

done, thanks

• Like 1