Sign in to follow this  
sunny_in_the_sky

Chaseplane cameras for MSFS, when?

17 minutes ago, sunny_in_the_sky said:

That's what is not working, unfortunately. I also posted a link to another forum thread where someone else was having the same problem. Googling it will show you that many others have also run into it. It takes you to external, but then does not want to go back into cockpit view. This should be a very simple thing to do and set up, but the camera control options are convoluted.

An addon like Chaseplane would have saved me a lot of time on these issues right away, in my opinion.

To be honest, I use a button mapped on my joystick, not keyboard. Maybe there is a bug there? It certainly seems to work fine with it mapped to my joystick.

16 minutes ago, Zangoose said:

Left of the forum thread title you should see a number and a button that says "Vote" - Click on that. It wouldn't harm replying to the thread as well.

https://blog.discourse.org/2018/06/understanding-discourse-trust-levels/

Doesn't seem to let new users vote, unless I am mistaken. How long, and how much activity, does it usually take until you can vote? Seems like a little steep of a requirement for a quick vote, which means it's probably not going to get a lot of traction, sadly.

spacer.png

Honestly once you get used to the camera system, you won’t miss Chaseplane. It’s just a learning curve at the beginning 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 minute ago, omarsmak30 said:

Honestly once you get used to the camera system, you won’t miss Chaseplane. It’s just a learning curve at the beginning 

I've owned MSFS for a year now, and can confidently say that the camera system has a lot of room for improvement. Chaseplane is sorely missed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sunny_in_the_sky said:

I've owned MSFS for a year now, and can confidently say that the camera system has a lot of room for improvement. Chaseplane is sorely missed.

Well maybe I am the only one that I didn’t miss it 😅

if you ever used Chaseplane you would know honestly 

• Like 1

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

Just now, sonny147 said:

Just being able to assign weights to cameras is awesome. Not to mention details like how it pans from camera to camera, and what views it uses in cinematic mode. All easily assignable by right clicking on a view. Spoiled me!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

I used it a lot in P3D, I just didn’t see myself missing it in MSFS 😅

2 minutes ago, omarsmak30 said:

I used it a lot in P3D, I just didn’t see myself missing it in MSFS 😅

That's great but lets get back to the true purpose of this thread, which is to ask if there are any alternative solutions out there for camera control in MSFS. Let me know if you find anything!

all i know is that i really miss it, fantastic piece of software if not the greatest !!, no alternative , people are talking about this head tracking stuff TOBI i think something like that ?

• Like 1

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

I agree with you. While I somehow get along with MSFS camera system, I miss chaseplane very much. Way easier, way more comfortable.. Copy & Pasting profiles of planes and just make small adjustments instead of recreating everything for every plane model. No need to edit camera.cfg files to be able to set up wing views properly on some planes, way more camera views possible with using modifier keys, etc. And much more.

Weather like Active Sky (historical) is the next on the list, but for now I'd just be happy to get chaseplane back. I don't know why Asobo doesn't open up the API for this. I get that it may be harder due to licensing stuff with the weather engine they're using, but custom cameras? Come on, please make it possible. People who are fine with the default system can still be happy and just don't buy Chaseplane if they don't need it. It won't negatively affect anybody if they give us this option.

Edited by roesti
  • Like 3

Hard to say why it's not working for you. I have the exact same setup - when I press the "End" key, it toggles between the external view and the cockpit view. When I press "Insert" it toggles between Drone View and Cockpit View.

Maybe you have End assigned to other functions? You can search by Input to see what is assigned to any particular key.

I've been using this setup for years now, since launch and it works great. 

8 minutes ago, FlyingGoose said:

Hard to say why it's not working for you.

It's not just me. I made sure to include a link in my original post, to another thread with someone having the same exact issue. Googling will show more examples. Just because you can't replicate it, doesn't mean it's not happening to others.

30 minutes ago, sunny_in_the_sky said:

It's not just me. I made sure to include a link in my original post, to another thread with someone having the same exact issue. Googling will show more examples. Just because you can't replicate it, doesn't mean it's not happening to others.

Hey, I'm not attacking you - I'm sure it isn't working for you. I was just trying to help, not sure why you think I'm questioning your setup. All I'm saying is that this works for me, and I gave you a suggestion to fix it. But if you would rather wait till Chaseplane releases for MSFS, that's cool too, whatever you want.  

I jus read that linked thread and that's an entirely different issue. That also works just fine for me - I have a button on my joystick that takes me back to the cockpit view - from any other view -  immediately. Anyway, I hope you can solve your problem. 

Edited by FlyingGoose