Sign in to follow this  
sunny_in_the_sky

Chaseplane cameras for MSFS, when?

1 hour ago, sunny_in_the_sky said:

The point of the thread was to ask for suggestion on camera solutions, whereas you are just trolling because you want to defend a poorly designed camera. You are probably the type of person to also think that asbestos in housing is not a big deal, and would adapt to that as well, lol.

Not trolling, just difference of opinion.

Yeah because software and asbestos are the same.

Your post speaks volumes of the type of person you are. 

Paul

BeQuiet Pure Base 500 FX - MSI Mag Tomahawk B760 - i5 13600k @ 5.1ghz - 32GB RAM - RTX 3060 12GB  -  32f (31.5" ) Full HD Monitor - TCA Officer Pack - Honeycomb Alpha Yoke -  Logitech Multi Panel

5 hours ago, garlicbread11 said:

Not trolling, just difference of opinion.

Different opinions are certainly allowed, but I struggle to get your point here. You said to him - "Guess you can’t learn it. Your loss, really. 🤷🏻‍♂️" and I ask myself if this type of interaction is really neccessary here.

I for myself, I learned the MSFS camera system and get around with it. Still, I think it's an inferior solution to what was (or still is) available in older simulators. I'd be happy if a software like Chaseplane returns. People who think otherwise can just continue using the current implementation of the built-in camera system and don't need to buy these kind of addons if they're happy with default, if Asobo ever decided to open up / implement this API.

You said you're surprised that people can fly complex airlines but have difficulties with the camera system. In my opinion, these are two different things and a better option for the camera system is just a question of convenience./ comfort and has nothing to do with piloting skills. IRL no pilot has to deal with a "camera", he just moves his head around. A camera system in a 3D software, needed in programs like MSFS is actually just another added difficulty layer people in real life never have to deal with.

Maybe you can compare it with having a dishwasher. I certainly don't need it to clean the dishes and can do it by hand. But I'm glad there's an option available for me to buy a dishwasher to make my life easier. And people who think a dishwasher is unneccessary just don't buy one and save the money. But they're not affected by the existence of dishwashers.

Reading arguments like "I'm fine with the original camera system, it's your problem if you're not" is like demanding to stop producing dish washers (or the possibility of developing one in the first place). Basically for me it reads like you invalidate his opinion because you personally don't encounter / see / need it. Maybe this wasn't your intention and I just got it wrong.

Like I said, I see valid reasons for a custom camera solution to exist and explained it in another post. If you don't feel like you need 3rd party solution, don't use it. Of course all this talk is just hypothetical if Asobo never opens up the API.

6 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

The legacy 6DOF camera position and control methods in SimConnect have not only been non-functional since the Alpha, they have been removed from the SDK documentation a few MSFS versions ago.

Thanks for your insights Lorby (love your tools), I guess we will have to wait a little bit longer to see a return of this functionality. If it ever returns..

Edited by roesti
  • Like 2

Definitely missing this capability and it's one item holding me back from MSFS.  I just can't wrap my head around the default camera system.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

On 9/23/2022 at 2:50 AM, Ricardo41 said:

I don't find the MSFS camera system  hacky at all. It's dead simple, once you understand a few basics. Moving from internal to external view is also easy.

The drone camera is also very powerful, but a bit more complicated - best to print out a cheat sheet with the relevant keyboard shortcuts.

I agree Ricardo.  The only thing missing for me is a canned simple flyby and tower view--I really miss those!

• Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

8 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

I just can't wrap my head around the default camera system.

What are you unable to easily do with it?  I find it's really simple once you understand the simple steps to capture and load various views, assigned to keys or buttons.  It's really quite excellent in its own right and gets most of the jobs done just fine so I don't get these kinds of comments.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

On 9/22/2022 at 10:57 PM, sunny_in_the_sky said:

I see all the beautiful screenshots of MSFS, and would like to switch over from P3D, but their cameras are just so hacky. For example, there doesn't seem to be a clear way to toggle between cockpit and external cameras. Others have also had the same confusion. The following shortcut does not work:

spacer.png

What is everyone using as a camera solution? I thought Chaseplane did an amazing job with P3D, and cannot wait for their MSFS version.

You can set keys to switch to external, to drone, and to cockpit camera. No problem. The program remembers the current settings of the external and drone camera. The drone is by default attached to the plane and moves with it. It can also be made to look to a target.

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

Another great feature from Chaseplane I really miss:

Custom Static Views, where you can save multiple views per airport. Set it up once, load / switch to it as you like easily. Basically like multiple Drone Camera Presets and for every airfield you like. There's nothing remotely comparable available in MSFS right now. Yes, I know how to handle the drone camera, I even bought an Xbox controller for it to make life easier (being more expensive than Chaseplane, but money aside, I had to wait months to get one in my country because the controllers were affected by shortages during COVID), still not better.

I don't have the time to fly as much as in my past, but if I do, 80% of todays flights are in MSFS. But if occiasionally do a flight in P3D (because I want to fly heavy aircraft like the 747 or 777), I quickly realize how much is still missing from the MSFS camera system.

For me, it doesn't matter really matter if these functions are built-in or available with an external software. But they're not available in the base simulator and the API still doesn't allow 3rd parties to come up with an own (optional) solution.

People who used tools like Chaseplane only to set up a few cockpit views and bound it to the NumPad may not see a problem, and that's fine. But please stop "gatekeeping" people who prefer to have options by saying "I don't need it, so you won't need it too".

Edited by roesti

It seems that most simmers that like the camera system in MSFS are new to a flightsim.  Simmers that that come from P3D like and miss Chaseplane

If you never used Chaseplane you don't know the simplicity and the easy logic of it.  Compare that to the mind wrenching logic of ASOBO.  I got use to the camera system in MSFS and I got it working for me the way I want it, but when Chaseplane comes out I will buy it as fast as I bought PMDG's 737.

Gnacino

Here here !

9900k, RTX3080 12 GB ,maximus hero XI, Arctic Freezer 280 AIO, Phanteks Mesh case, 32GB steel series ram (3000 GHZ) , x3 Samsung Evo's 480 GB for scenery, intel 1660p 2TB nvme for P3D and addons /Scenery, Adata 480GB nvme for OS win11, 2 TB SSHD for everything else, 43" LG 4K TV for the sim(1440P) , second 27" monitor for charts/ YouTube etc. Warthog Stick, TCA ( Airbus) Throttle and Logitech  pedals, Razer keyboard and mouse, oh and a usb fan to cool me down on approach !

1 hour ago, roesti said:

Another great feature from Chaseplane I really miss:

Custom Static Views, where you can save multiple views per airport. Set it up once, load / switch to it as you like easily. Basically like multiple Drone Camera Presets and for every airfield you like. There's nothing remotely comparable available in MSFS right now. Yes, I know how to handle the drone camera, I even bought an Xbox controller for it to make life easier (being more expensive than Chaseplane, but money aside, I had to wait months to get one in my country because the controllers were affected by shortages during COVID), still not better.

I don't have the time to fly as much as in my past, but if I do, 80% of todays flights are in MSFS. But if occiasionally do a flight in P3D (because I want to fly heavy aircraft like the 747 or 777), I quickly realize how much is still missing from the MSFS camera system.

For me, it doesn't matter really matter if these functions are built-in or available with an external software. But they're not available in the base simulator and the API still doesn't allow 3rd parties to come up with an own (optional) solution.

People who used tools like Chaseplane only to set up a few cockpit views and bound it to the NumPad may not see a problem, and that's fine. But please stop "gatekeeping" people who prefer to have options by saying "I don't need it, so you won't need it too".

Too bad they never implemented the field cameras in v5 of P3D. 

19 minutes ago, Iadbound said:

Too bad they never implemented the field cameras in v5 of P3D. 

They still work in v5. The only thing that doesn't work is the automatic scan like in P3Dv4, where it detects the airport and creates multiple views automatically. But I still can create them by hand, set the "availability radius" for example to 5nm once and I will have my views available everytime I load into that specific airport. Another method: If you had your views already set up in v4 and have those profiles, you can copy them over.

I agree it was super conveniant with the automatic view creation, but I can live without it, since I adjust the views manually anyway afterwards. If there will ever be a MSFS CP, maybe they reintroduce this feature but I'd be still happy to "just" have the manual way available.

Edited by roesti

2 hours ago, Gnacino said:

It seems that most simmers that like the camera system in MSFS are new to a flightsim.  Simmers that that come from P3D like and miss Chaseplane

If you never used Chaseplane you don't know the simplicity and the easy logic of it.  Compare that to the mind wrenching logic of ASOBO.  I got use to the camera system in MSFS and I got it working for me the way I want it, but when Chaseplane comes out I will buy it as fast as I bought PMDG's 737.

Gnacino

I always thought that EZdok was better than Chaseplane. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, Gnacino said:

It seems that most simmers that like the camera system in MSFS are new to a flightsim. 

Nope, I have been simming since FS9 and I used CB A LOT in P3D, though it is simple I agree, I just can’t justify to use it in MSFS after 2 years of using the default camera system. Maybe is a habit now of shortcuts.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I'm the same am struggling with camera in MSFS, and would prefer to have Chasplane. I've watched numerous videos on Camera setup within MSFS and still can't get my head around it. 

I currently use Chaseplane with P3D as it's so much easier to setup the camera views both inside the Cockpit and outside views.

Jason

• Upvote 1

Jason Thompson

The only thing I miss from the old P3D/FSX camera system is the fly-by mode. Now that I am also using XP12, I am really disappointed that such a simple functionality is still not available in MSFS. 

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus