Sign in to follow this  
sunny_in_the_sky

Chaseplane cameras for MSFS, when?

42 minutes ago, GCBraun said:

The only thing I miss from the old P3D/FSX camera system is the fly-by mode. Now that I am also using XP12, I am really disappointed that such a simple functionality is still not available in MSFS. 

Spot on.  I have EZDOK on P3D4, Chaseplane on P3D5 (because I couldn't get EZDOK to work reliably in v5) and of course the MS camera system on MSFS2020.  All my camera views across the three simulators are the same and have the same controller button assignments. So Chaseplane for MSFS2020 is not really needed.  But yes I do miss the fly-by mode that chaseplane offers and also the turbulence integration with Active Sky in EZDOK.

Bruce

• Like 2

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

15 hours ago, roesti said:

They still work in v5. The only thing that doesn't work is the automatic scan like in P3Dv4, where it detects the airport and creates multiple views automatically. But I still can create them by hand, set the "availability radius" for example to 5nm once and I will have my views available everytime I load into that specific airport. Another method: If you had your views already set up in v4 and have those profiles, you can copy them over.

I agree it was super conveniant with the automatic view creation, but I can live without it, since I adjust the views manually anyway afterwards. If there will ever be a MSFS CP, maybe they reintroduce this feature but I'd be still happy to "just" have the manual way available.

Yes.  I was thinking about the automatic scan.  I did ask about it, but they moved on long ago to making MSFS camp fire settings for your Freedom Fox.  

20 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Nope, I have been simming since FS9 and I used CB A LOT in P3D, though it is simple I agree, I just can’t justify to use it in MSFS after 2 years of using the default camera system. Maybe is a habit now of shortcuts.

I said most simmers, not all.  I got used to MSFS camera, but I still prefer CP over ASOBO's camera system

• Like 1

Here’s a statement from //42, looks like it won’t happen for quite a while:

https://parallel42.medium.com/chaseplane-a-statement-on-msfs-price-drop-for-fsx-prepar3d-version-8dafd409a69e

• Upvote 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models