Sign in to follow this  
Phantoms

SU10 and Photogrammetry

I asked this in the SU10 is out thread but all anybody wants to talk about in that thread is nVidia updated drivers for DX12 and DLSS.

In the SU10 Release notes there is this:

Fixed a performance drop when more than 4 World update photogrammetry packages are installed

Does that mean the photogrammetry cities problem causing stutter is gone now?

James

Hopefully.  Truth be told I mostly abandoned PG - because of how it does not blend with surrounding non PG areas.  I should check again.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, Phantoms said:

Yes it is gone. Using a test scenario, I am getting better framerates on the ground at KLAX in SU10 with all photogrammetry cities enabled than I was in SU9 with them disabled. So the degraded performance is gone and I am seeing another 10% increase in performance on top of that.

• Like 3

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

17 minutes ago, turnandbank said:

Yes it is gone. Using a test scenario, I am getting better framerates on the ground at KLAX in SU10 with all photogrammetry cities enabled than I was in SU9 with them disabled. So the degraded performance is gone and I am seeing another 10% increase in performance on top of that.

So DX11 or 12, DLSS or not?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 hours ago, fppilot said:

So DX11 or 12, DLSS or not?

DX11 and TAA. I haven't tried DX12 yet and my GPU is to old for DLSS.

• Like 1

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

5 hours ago, Phantoms said:

I asked this in the SU10 is out thread but all anybody wants to talk about in that thread is nVidia updated drivers for DX12 and DLSS.

In the SU10 Release notes there is this:

Fixed a performance drop when more than 4 World update photogrammetry packages are installed

yes seems so....at least it works for me well now with all installed.  on xbox.

• Upvote 1

Prior to SU10, I could not use photogrammetry at all, because the frame rates were not just bad, they were single digit (with photogrammetry turned off, I was typically seeing 40-60 FPS everywhere at Ultra settings). But SU10 fixed the issue, and I now have great performance with PG on. Just to be clear: the issue I (and others) had was not just the "photogrammetry cities" -- I could not use MSFS with PG turned on in the data options, no matter where I flew. But now all is well. For me this is Christmas in September!

Alienware Aurora R11, 32 GB ram, Intel i7-10700F, GeForce RTX 2080 Super, Ultra graphics settings

Edited by cobalt

15 hours ago, turnandbank said:

Yeah!!!!  We can fly in Europe and the USA again?😃

Excellent news. Tonight’s flight will be ‘Frisco to Seattle in my beloved 737👍

Yeah, I have everything installed and started several different flights at known locations to drop FPS. Much better. Still experimenting but glad they finally resolved this mostly. I was almost a year in the making.

I tested in London City with 4k, All traffic set above 90%, AIG 70% and offline traffic mod at 20%, 500+gb of mods in my addon folder, PMDG 737-700....and noticed smoother everything. I usually lock V-sync at 30fps. Not sure if my G-sync monitor really helps (or if I know how to make it work...).

Tested the same at KJFK (with payware and freeware airports all around) and the same. This is usually the real test. I stayed around 28 on the ground but at least it was smooth and doable. In the air is a lot better. Still room for improvement everywhere else.

Probably mostly my fault as I keep LOD at 110 to 140. Probably should lower that with a 8086k.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---