Sign in to follow this  
b1bmsgt

A310

On 11/4/2022 at 4:38 AM, spearmint_flyer said:

Holy Howard Hughes! The Hercules is coming!

Fun fact, my name "Alcides" is the Latin translation of "Hercules," so I've had a very secret crush on Hughes's Hercules since I saw the Aviator as a teen. 

I hope it doesn't ruin your identity, but Alcides is neither Latin nor does it mean "Hercules". In some myths "Alcides" was supposedly the greek birth name of Hercules: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcides

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I hope it doesn't ruin your identity, but Alcides is neither Latin nor does it mean "Hercules". In some myths "Alcides" was supposedly the greek birth name of Hercules: https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcides

Ah even better. It had been years since I read up on it. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

While I’m looking forward to the A310 I wonder why they didn’t start with the A300 as they are still in use today. Does anyone know why. I hope the A300 Cargo comes as a payware package in the future. 

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

On 11/3/2022 at 12:00 PM, lwt1971 said:

This is what they said most recently on this topic, guess full clarity won't come until after Nov 11:

Fixxxer19/10/2022

Any news on the liveries coming to the update in a few weeks?
If any at all? Alternatively an all white livery would be cool

Josh6948eb91babde3f1d035ddfe4cf8b10d.webp?si19/10/2022

Don't believe there's any update on liveries at this time, we'll get in what we can but that's all down to licensing

Interceptor 39219/10/2022

Will the plane have a paint kit released alongside the full release as well? Or will that come later?

Josh6948eb91babde3f1d035ddfe4cf8b10d.webp?si19/10/2022

Also still to be decided to my knowledge, all focus is on getting the plane ready for the release date at the moment, other stuff like this will be decided concretely shortly, I'm sure

Dani Zijlmans23/10/2022

Is it possible to install liveries for the A310 when released via the inimanger onced released?
is there a GSX config for the A310 once released?

Josh6948eb91babde3f1d035ddfe4cf8b10d.webp?si23/10/2022

All these questions will be answered in a few weeks

One can tell this is someone that knows the answers but doesn’t want to give them as they won’t be popular. No cargo so no interest for me anyway.

• Like 1

Eric 

31 minutes ago, B777ER said:

One can tell this is someone that knows the answers but doesn’t want to give them as they won’t be popular.

It’s more likely a marketing NDA from Microsoft . Hence the ‘answered in a few weeks’. 

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Wise87 said:

While I’m looking forward to the A310 I wonder why they didn’t start with the A300 as they are still in use today. Does anyone know why. I hope the A300 Cargo comes as a payware package in the future. 

Hopefully they'll bring the A300 too since they already have the base built for it (I assume). The A310 is still used albeit in the middle east which does provide a greater expansion of exotic routes, from Kabul to Tehran.

I also hope they will bring the freighter model too as ULS of Turkey as well as some others still operates the aircraft. I'm sure some painters will create cargo liveries regardless.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Wise87 said:

I think it could be because of the maximum ranges ... an A300-600R can fly up to 4000nm with max payload, while an A310-300 can fly as far as up to 5200nm, which makes the A313 a true long range aircraft.

5 hours ago, shamrockflyer said:

Hopefully they'll bring the A300 too since they already have the base built for it (I assume). The A310 is still used albeit in the middle east which does provide a greater expansion of exotic routes, from Kabul to Tehran.

I also hope they will bring the freighter model too as ULS of Turkey as well as some others still operates the aircraft. I'm sure some painters will create cargo liveries regardless.

I hope so too. However, the fact that it's not widespread use anymore shouldn't be a hindrance to your virtual flying. Lots of real-world historical A310 flights available on Flightsim Dispatch.

These links will be of interest to those who are looking forward to flying A310 in the game

https://simpleflying.com/only-10-airbus-a310s-are-still-left-in-passenger-operation/

https://www.planespotters.net/operators/Airbus/A310

I once flew LHR-TAS (London-Tashkent) on an Uzbekistan Airways A310, was such a fun ride and great service too.

What I’m looking forward to is a UPS A300 as it is still in use today. Until then I hope someone paints the A310 in UPS colors.

1 hour ago, Konterhalbe said:

I think it could be because of the maximum ranges ... an A300-600R can fly up to 4000nm with max payload, while an A310-300 can fly as far as up to 5200nm, which makes the A313 a true long range aircraft.

I don’t think range has anything to do with why they released the A310 first. I believe it’s due to the A300 being more popular. Why give away the popular version. If I like the A310 then I’m going to but the A300.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Given that iniBuilds won't be able to put out training videos before the Nov 11th release, they're advising to at least use their existing training videos for the A300 (XP version) to get familiarity with the aircraft. Looks like any preview content will come as part of whatever MS/Asobo release before Nov 11th as part of their "vignettes".

TrekkerCC

I want to do some familiarization flights in XP11 (haven’t loaded it up in awhile) with the A310 before it comes to MSFS, any good cold and dark to takeoff refresher videos out there?

Josh6948eb91babde3f1d035ddfe4cf8b10d.webp?si

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn1ff4CulxQ&list=PLzeFYXw62MgZmSJIzivKSTfzwzV0rzEGJ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqpETJw1QEI&list=PLzeFYXw62MgZTxwGc-ogOuIlx8o5HdsK3
these playlists by us should get you right back up to speed
🙂

And latest interesting stuff they're saying on their discord as we near release:

anatolianwolf

Any system difference between Xplane11? Or everything same or better then x-plane 11?

Josh6948eb91babde3f1d035ddfe4cf8b10d.webp?si

There are some things we've even been able to do in MSFS that we couldn't really do in XP
You'll be able to see the systems depth for yourself in 4 days :cooldoge:

icecube919

I' more afraid that Asobo has made restrictions here, as the addon must be XBox compatible and therefore 100% of the software must run in the simulator. Or that due to the time pressure of the fixed release date not everything could be implemented completely. But we will see the result on Friday. I am very curious.

Gumby6948eb91babde3f1d035ddfe4cf8b10d.webp?si

no need to worry about that 🙂
if we wouldnt be fine with the product we wouldn’t release it
or rather let them release it

• Like 5

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Inibuilds mentioned this :

We hope you are as excited as we are for this complex airliner to come to Microsoft Flight Simulator. In the next few months, we will be showcasing more pictures, videos, and training guides, so even if you’ve never flown an airliner before, or you’re a seasoned pilot on another aircraft, you can all enjoy this aircraft upon release.

in their post dated June 11 on the Inibuilds forum: iniBuilds Development Update: Partnership with Microsoft Flight Simulator - iniBuilds Announcements - iniBuilds Forum

Has anyone seen any of those things? I'm more interested in the training guides. I've sent them a message on Twitter but no response. 

1 hour ago, JSmith2112 said:

Here's a nice video by 320 Sim Pilot - he's using X-Plane to quickly run through the cockpit layout.

Preparing for the MSFS A310! Familiarization with a Real Airbus Pilot - YouTube

Thank you for the link, really enjoyed that. Very excited for this in MSFS. 

• Upvote 1

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti