Sign in to follow this  
jkemp1960

PSXT and Learner Issue with MSFS Update 10

I am currently running MSFS Update 10 with RealTraffic professional and PSXT 32.0.0. Prior to updating to MSFS Update 10, I could start and use PSXT (older version) and Learner together. However, since loading Update 10 (and updating to version 32.0.0 of PSXT) I get an Error 6 when starting up the Learner AFTER loading RT and PSXT. Has there been a change to how the software works, or is this actually a glitch (and if so, how can I correct it?)

Many Thanks!

Hi,

No this has nothing to do with Update 10. 

You have to set PSXT_MSFS in Learning mode first before you start PSXT_Learner. Otherwise both programs want to control RT which is not possible ofcourse..

This check has been introduced in 31.17.8 

Nico

Edited by kiek

7 hours ago, kiek said:

Hi,

No this has nothing to do with Update 10. 

You have to set PSXT_MSFS in Learning mode first before you start PSXT_Learner. Otherwise both programs want to control RT which is not possible ofcourse..

This check has been introduced in 31.17.8 

Nico

Is it possible for the "Learn Destination" option to remain permanently active in PSXT again? I use a batch file to start RT, PSXT and the Learner, always with 15 seconds delay to each other.

Edited by kiek

Greetings Andrew Bowler

1 hour ago, airlinetycoon said:

Is it possible for the "Learn Destination" option to remain permanently active in PSXT again? I use a batch file to start RT, PSXT and the Learner, always with 15 seconds delay to each other.

It is one way or the other:

Without storing the Learn Destination value in parameters.xml:

Free choice in what you want to start, PSXT_MSFS or PSXT_Learner

Learning Destination:  Start PSXT_MSFS, select Learn Destination, then  PSXT_Learner  

With storing of the Learn Destinatioin value in parameters.xml:

No free choice in what you want to start, because if you want to start PSXT_learner in normal mode you may have to start PSXT_MSFS first, de-select Learn Destination and exit PSXT_MSFS.

Learning Destination:  easy start of PSXT_Learner after PSXT_MSFS 

What would most people prefer? 

Edited by kiek

I can only speak for myself. Since I always use both at the same time, I am in favour of "with storing". I rarely start the Learner separately. And if I do, I wouldn't mind deselecting the option in PSXT beforehand in these few cases.

Greetings Andrew Bowler

And another suggestion, if that is at all technically possible. How would it be if the option to use the second RT stream could not be selected in PSXT but in Learner? Do you know what I mean?

Greetings Andrew Bowler

1 hour ago, airlinetycoon said:

And another suggestion, if that is at all technically possible. How would it be if the option to use the second RT stream could not be selected in PSXT but in Learner? Do you know what I mean?

No that's not possible. PSXT_MSFS has to be in control.

Seems to me it works well as currently programmed. I use it as-is and it works perfectly, and I would prefer to not change the current behavior.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB