Sign in to follow this  
Anthony Vos

Dornier Do-27 X is out!

People!Digital Aviation's Dornier Do-27 for FSX is just released.This was the best aircraft ever for FS9 IMHO, hope it's the same in FSX. And there's a discount for fs9 owners :-). (Shockwave, what are you waiting for!) Downloading right now ...Eagle

Eagle, I've heard that the FS9 version was pretty heavy on framerate hits but since I don't own it I can't confirm that to be true. Please let us know what kind of performance you get from it as well as settings and system specs if you wouldn't mind as it looks like a great aircraft I'd be interested in. Thanks, Craig ASUS A8N- nForce SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCIe MOBOAMD ATHLON64 3500+ CPU w/ HT TechLG GWA-4161 DVD/CDSeagate ST3160811AS 160GB Barracuda 9 7200RPM 8MB SATA II 3Gb/s NCQSeagate ST3160811AS 250GB Barracuda 9 7200RPM 8MB SATA II 3Gb/s NCQEVGA 7950 GT KO PCIe 512mb nvodngov19147-[Guru3D.com] drivers SB Audigy 22G Corsair PC 3200 400MHZ Dual Channel DDR Aspire 500W P/SWinXP Pro 32bit SP2Track IR3 w/vectorCH Yolk & RuddersFS Genesis Terrain MeshFS Genesis Land ClassActive SkyRC4

No frame hits here, Craig, and it looks like your machine ought to handle it just fine.She's one beautiful, unique, ULTRA-realistic aircraft. It shakes, rattles, and rolls like a pregnant camel. She's not the easiest to fly; she's a b***** to start in cold weather: :-lol You have to be careful with her all the time; it's an experience for sure. I love it and will d/l it without question tonight. :-beerchug

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

It's ok even if it does affect the framerate some. I ran a little test and discovered afterwards that there's a config tool where you can chose from four different Instruments Resolutions. It defaults to high (700x700), so next time I'll try it one notch down.Also, there's low res texture sets available so I believe this framerate issue is well taken care of from the team (as is anything else).Im still on a single core AMD 3500+ and 2MB RAM (same as you), but with 7800GT and only one HD.I think you'll like it, at first glance it looks like the old DO-27 is back with all it's whistles and bells :-).http://www.avsim.com/pages/1106/Do27/Do27.htm Eagle

Guest triangle

Is that Val Kilmer flying the plane, around the time he was making Heat with de Niro?Andrew

Why is it so expensive, it's just an old, old GA aircraft. I would get it if it was about $20.Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Guest calamarr

>Why is it so expensive, it's just an old, old GA aircraft. I>would get it if it was about $20.>>JeffWait until Flight 1 offers it, Aerosoft is Germany based and prices in euros.

Is it a free upgrade for existing FS9 owners?

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest calamarr

Nope, Aerosoft offers a lower price to previous owners (12.95

>Why is it so expensive, it's just an old, old GA aircraft. I>would get it if it was about $20.>>JeffYou'll know when you get it :-)But for your info, here are some of the things I like:1. Feel

Thanks for answering, I found that if you point the installer to FS9 it will go into FSX. Only thing missing is the small .bmp file that shows the aircraft display in the 'select aircraft' section.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest allcott

>Nope, Aerosoft offers a lower price to previous owners>(12.95

Guest allcott

While we wait for Flight 1 to update the Wrapper for the FSX version, can anyone who has this confirm whether bumpmapping and the new .dds texture formats are used by the FSX version?The DA Katana X was a straight port-over with a couple of minor changes and while I suspect they may have had to do a lot more work on the code for this one, my current feeling fro looking at other forums is that the textures are exactly the same (so no bump-mapping, no DXT5 .dds then?) and the flight model has not been adjusted in any way for the differences with FSX. That's not what I was expecting from the developers - they market on realism, then don't change the .air file to reflect the changes in the new sim? How's that work?Given that the Real Air Scout update package does include these things, including reworked gauges - as well as being more aircraft models for the money, and I can't afford both this month, I wonder whether anyone thought they got value for money from the update?I love the Dornier in FS9, but if all these `updates` do is leave a poorly-flying slideshow in FSX, I might give it a miss.Allcott