Sign in to follow this  
G7USL

FSX Induced Doldrums

For me a period of time has been entered, while waiting for FSX, wherein FS9 is becoming boring. Having seen the improved scenery resolution and read about the new features so it is difficult to sustain enthusiasm for old FS9. My suspicions about the fidelity of the flight models, and some other quirks, come to the surface. They just make waiting that much harder. Guess I will go to CNN and watch the Middle East war footage.Dick near airport 5G8

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

>For me a period of time has been entered, while waiting for>FSX, wherein FS9 is becoming boring. Having seen the improved>scenery resolution and read about the new features so it is>difficult to sustain enthusiasm for old FS9. My suspicions>about the fidelity of the flight models, and some other>quirks, come to the surface. They just make waiting that much>harder. Guess I will go to CNN and watch the Middle East war>footage.>>Dick near airport 5G8>Oddly enough, it inspired me to fly a bit more. I was finally going to do that "Round the World" trip I've been planning, figuring it would be a great lead up in the time until FSX.Then, of course, the dumped the demo on me and that got ruined, because instead of circumnavigating the world, I'm just flying in circles over St. Maarten.

Guest FireChief

I agree. Its always this way for me when a new version of the sim comes out. I can't help but loose interest in anything haveing to do with the "old" version.Rob

I am bored as well but perhaps for a slightly different reason. I think I have done everything that I could possibly do to FS9 - it is tweaked out. Once FSX is released, it will probably need another 2 years of tweaking to get it running right and by the time it is, FS11 will be on the way.Really, it seems like the community takes about 18-20 months to squirt out every possible add on and tweak and then you are left with a few months of tweak-free simming before the new one comes out. Perhaps this process will be faster this time because the SDK is coming out with FSX. I hope at least some of the FS9 products will get patched faster than the FS2002 products did when FS9 was released.Sure, I could download the newest Ultimate Traffic schedule and spend the next month working on assignments but why bother. FSX is on the way!

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

How can you possibly be feeling bored with FS9?There is such wonderful and precise add-ons available for FS9 that I am sure that most will stick to it for twelve months at least.With 'BEV', PMDG, LVLD, UK2000, Dreamfleet, Active Sky 6, FSnav and many others too numerous to mention FS9 will never really dissappear, it will go down as the last enthusiast version of the game ever made.It will be a long, long time before FSX gets even close.

Dave Taylor gb.png