Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Fenix and the update

I read somewhere that with the new Fenix update you may need to change your stick, throttle, and rudder sensitivities and zones.  My first flight after the update my thrust lever was out of whack and during cruise the AP kept kicking of so I think there is a sensitivity issue somewhere.  Can anyone make any recommendations as to what they have working?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Autopilot kicking off, increase aileron and elevator null zone to 5. I didn't have to change my throttle or anything else...

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Just now, Bobsk8 said:

Autopilot kicking off, increase aileron and elevator null zone to 5. I didn't have to change my throttle or anything else...

Thanks.  I'll give it a try

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

7 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

No need to make any changes here. Everything works as pre update did.

For me too, all looks and works just nice..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

The only negative I have seen so far is no more contrails since the update. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Landing / flaring is definitely different, actually a lot more realistic (more responsive and smoother, before it was hit and miss between coming down with 700 fpm or climbing back up, unless I flared at the exact right time and with the exact same amount of flare), but my muscle memory is playing tricks on me right now. I float a lot because I do the same quick flare movement I did before the update, back to training for me. But again, a vastly improved flight model, so no complaints.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, pmplayer said:

For me too, all looks and works just nice..

cheers 😉

Same here. Else it may make sense to calibrate Throttle. Quickly done. Though wasn’t necessary on my side 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

For me, the rudder is going to need some adjustment. Too sensitive after the update.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS